- Emotional wellbeing of blind patients in a pilot trial with subretinal implantsTobias Peters
STZ eyetrial at the Centre for Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Schleichstrasse 12 16, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 251:1489-93. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the emotional wellbeing of patients undergoing implantation of a subretinal implant...
- Safety evaluation of "retina implant alpha IMS"--a prospective clinical trialVeronique B D Kitiratschky
Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstr 12, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 253:381-7. 2015..Subretinal stimulation of the retina with the Retina Implant Alpha IMS (Retina Implant AG, Reutlingen, Germany) has been demonstrated to provide useful vision in daily life. Here we evaluated the safety of this device...
- Sleepiness in professional truck drivers measured with an objective alertness test during routine traffic controlsTobias Peters
STZ eyetrial at the Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstrasse 12 16, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 87:881-8. 2014..PST analyses and quantifies the so-called sleepiness waves, spontaneous pupillary movements in the dark...
- Single doses of all-trans-N-retinylacetamide slow down the ERG amplitude recovery after bleaching in ratsAndre Messias
Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstr 12 16, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Doc Ophthalmol 120:165-74. 2010..This finding could make the compound potentially useful in experimental conditions or in specific diseases where the visual cycle is involved, such as retinitis pigmentosa or age-related macular degeneration...
- Implantation of ultrathin, biofunctionalized polyimide membranes into the subretinal space of ratsSylvie Julien
Section for Experimental Vitreoretinal Surgery, Centre for Ophthalmology, Institute for Ophthalmic Research, Tuebingen, Germany
Biomaterials 32:3890-8. 2011..Histological examination of the eyes showed a close attachment of a thin fibrocyte layer to the implant, the occlusion of the pores by living cells and the survival of some photoreceptors at the implantation site...
- Testing acuity and contrast vision under standardised lighting conditionsWilhelm Durst
STZ eyetrial at the Centre for Ophthalmology, Schleichstraße 12 16, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 95:1506-8. 2011..If measurements are made under differing daylight conditions or if artificial light sources are installed in the examination room, as frequently practiced, then these requirements cannot be fulfilled...
- Short-term reproducibility and variability of the pupillographic sleepiness testBarbara Wilhelm
Pupil Research Group, Centre for Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Am J Hum Biol 27:862-6. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess the short-term reproducibility and variability of the results obtained with the PST in normal healthy subjects...