Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Reduction of extracellular GABA in the mouse amygdala during and following confrontation with a conditioned fear stimulusOliver Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Nishigonaka 38, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Neurosci Lett 327:138-42. 2002..Our observations suggest that changes of GABAergic transmission may be involved in retrieval and expression of conditioned fear and the modulation of emotional state through the amygdala...
- Resistance to alcohol withdrawal-induced behaviour in Fyn transgenic mice and its reversal by ifenprodilOliver Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Nishigonaka 38, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 105:126-35. 2002..Together, these results suggest that Fyn can modulate alcohol consumption and prevent behavioural changes during alcohol withdrawal, possibly via phosphorylation of NR2B...
- Critical role of the 65-kDa isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase in consolidation and generalization of Pavlovian fear memoryJorge R Bergado-Acosta
Institute for Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Learn Mem 15:163-71. 2008....
- Dissociated theta phase synchronization in amygdalo- hippocampal circuits during various stages of fear memoryRajeevan T Narayanan
Institut fur Physiologie I, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Robert Koch Str 27a, Munster, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 25:1823-31. 2007....
- Identification of a neuropeptide S responsive circuitry shaping amygdala activity via the endopiriform nucleusSusanne Meis
Institut fur Physiologie, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Magdeburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2695. 2008..Together, these data suggest the existence of a specific NPS-responsive circuitry between EPN and BLA, likely involved in contextual aspects of fear memory...
- Generalisation of conditioned fear and its behavioural expression in miceT Rao Laxmi
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Behav Brain Res 145:89-98. 2003....
- Amygdalar and hippocampal theta rhythm synchronization during fear memory retrievalThomas Seidenbecher
Institut fur Physiologie, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg D 39120, Germany
Science 301:846-50. 2003..Synchronization of theta activities in the amygdalohippocampal network represents a neuronal correlate of conditioned fear, apt to improve neuronal communication during memory retrieval...
- Genes and mechanisms in the amygdala involved in the formation of fear memoryHans Christian Pape
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Medical School, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 985:92-105. 2003....
- Theta activity in neurons and networks of the amygdala related to long-term fear memoryHans Christian Pape
Institut fuer Physiologie I Neurophysiologie, Westfaelische Wilhelms Universitaet, Germany
Hippocampus 15:874-80. 2005..Synchronization at theta frequencies is suggested to represent activity in amygdalo-hippocampal pathways associated with system consolidation of fear memory, which is supported by the cholinergic system...
- Contribution of NR2B subunits to synaptic transmission in amygdaloid interneuronsCsaba Szinyei
Institute of Physiology, Medical School, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:2549-56. 2003....
- Theta resynchronization during reconsolidation of remote contextual fear memoryRajeevan T Narayanan
Institute of Physiology I, Westfälische Wilhelms University Münster, Munster, Germany
Neuroreport 18:1107-11. 2007..These data indicate that the reconsolidation of remote contextual fear memory includes changes in ensemble activities between the lateral amygdala and CA1...
- Fear memory and the amygdala: insights from a molecular perspectiveOliver Stork
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 310:271-7. 2002....
- Role of the somatostatin system in contextual fear memory and hippocampal synaptic plasticityChristian Kluge
Institute of Physiology I Neurophysiology, Westfälische Wilhelms University Münster, 48149 Munster, Germany
Learn Mem 15:252-60. 2008....
- Neuronal functions of the novel serine/threonine kinase Ndr2Oliver Stork
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:45773-81. 2004..Together, our data suggest that Ndr2 is an interesting candidate gene for the regulation of structural processes in differentiating and mature neuronal cells...