Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Efficacy of oral dalargin-loaded nanoparticle delivery across the blood-brain barrierU Schroeder
Institute of Medical Psychology, Medical Faculty, Otto v Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Peptides 19:777-80. 1998..Thus, our data support the usefulness of nanoparticles as a method to deliver drugs to the brain...
- Nanoparticle technology for delivery of drugs across the blood-brain barrierU Schroeder
Institute of Medical Psychology, and Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Otto v Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Pharm Sci 87:1305-7. 1998..The amitriptyline level was significantly enhanced in brain when the substance was adsorbed onto the NP and coated or when the particles were stabilized with polysorbate 85...
- Simulation of psychosis by continuous delivery of phencyclidine from controlled-release polymer implantsU Schroeder
Institute of Medical Psychology, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, Medical Faculty, Germany
Behav Brain Res 97:59-68. 1998..Pharmacokinetic analysis showed that the maximum PCP concentration in the brain after bolus injections was 10-fold above the PCP implants...
- Neuroleptics ameliorate phencyclidine-induced impairments of short-term memoryU Schroeder
Institute of Medical Psychology, Medical Faculty, Leipziger Str 44, 39 120 Magdeburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 130:33-40. 2000..7. These findings indicate that PCP induced impairments in short term memory can be detected by holeboard learning and may provide an interesting tool for the search of new neuroleptics...
- Long-term stability of PBCA nanoparticle suspensionsP Sommerfeld
Institute of Medical Psychology, Otto von Guericke University, Medical Faculty, Magdeburg, Germany
J Microencapsul 17:69-79. 2000..Thus, PBCA nanoparticles can be stored as suspensions, making the lyophilization and the sometimes problematic resuspension by ultrasonication, unnecessary, which is advantageous for clinical applications...