Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Feasibility and accuracy of TRUS in the pre-treatment staging for rectal carcinoma in general practiceH Ptok
Department of Surgery, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:420-5. 2006..The accuracy in determining of tumour infiltration depth has been reported to reach 95% (on average, 85%). The aim of the study was to analyse the diagnostic accuracy of the TRUS in the clinical routine...
- Palliative stent implantation in the treatment of malignant colorectal obstructionH Ptok
Department of Surgery, Carl Thiem Hospital Cottbus, Theimstr 111, Cottbus, D 03048, Germany
Surg Endosc 20:909-14. 2006..This study aimed to investigate the efficacy of stent-based treatment for malignant large bowel obstruction...
- [Long-term oncological results after laparoscopic, converted and primary open procedures for rectal carcinoma. Results of a multicenter observational study]H Ptok
An Institut für Qualitätssicherung in der operativen Medizin, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg
Chirurg 77:709-17. 2006..No oncological long-term results are available for the latter patients...
- Incurable stenosing colorectal carcinoma: endoscopic stent implantation or palliative surgery?Henry Ptok
Department of Surgery, Carl Thiem Hospital, Thiemstrasse 111, Cottbus, 03048, and Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Germany
World J Surg 30:1481-7. 2006..The aim of the present study was to study the effectiveness of colorectal stenting compared with palliative surgery in incurable obstructive colorectal carcinoma...
- Oncological outcome of local vs radical resection of low-risk pT1 rectal cancerHenry Ptok
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Arch Surg 142:649-55; discussion 656. 2007..Despite the noninclusion of locally draining lymph nodes, limited resection of low-risk pT1 rectal cancer can achieve an adequate oncological outcome with lower morbidity and mortality compared with radical resection...
- Impact of anastomotic leakage on oncological outcome after rectal cancer resectionH Ptok
Institute for Quality Control in Operative Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Br J Surg 94:1548-54. 2007..Its relevance to oncological outcome is controversial. This observational study investigated the influence of anastomotic leakage on oncological outcome...
- Influence of hospital volume on the frequency of abdominoperineal resection and long-term oncological outcomes in low rectal cancerH Ptok
Institute for Quality Control in Operative Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:854-61. 2007..Our aim was to investigate the independent impact of hospital volume and type of resection on oncological outcomes after resection of low rectal cancer...
- The care of patients with colon cancer: current treatment, and evaluation of new surgical approachesRainer Kube
An Institut für Qualitätssicherung in der operativen Medizin, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 108:41-6. 2011..Multi-center observational studies in surgery can yield important findings, as long as they are appropriately designed and monitored and employ modern methods of statistical analysis...
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for rectal carcinoma: effects on anastomotic leak rate and postoperative bladder dysfunction after non-emergency sphincter-preserving anterior rectal resection. Results of the Quality Assurance in Rectal Cancer Surgery multicBenjamin Garlipp
An Institut für Qualitätssicherung in der operativen Medizin, Magdeburg, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:1031-8. 2010....
- Quality of medical care in colorectal cancer in GermanyRainer Kube
Institute for Quality Control in Operative Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, Germany
Onkologie 32:25-9. 2009..To investigate recent developments in therapeutic approaches, we examine the quality of and discuss current trends in the routine treatment of colorectal cancer in Germany...
- No prognostic impact of isolated lymphovascular invasion after radical resection of rectal cancer--results of a multicenter observational studyHenry Ptok
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:749-56. 2007..The prognostic impact of isolated lymphovascular invasion (LVI) after radical resection of rectal cancer is controversially discussed. However, it could be relevant to decide for an adjuvant treatment...
- Impact of fast-track concept elements in the classical pancreatic head resection (Kausch-Whipple procedure)Ingo Gastinger
Institute for Quality Assurance in Medicine, Magdeburg, University Hospital, Magdeburg
Pol Przegl Chir 84:390-8. 2012..The aim of the study was to determine statistically significant factors with an impact on the early postoperative surgical outcome...
- Risk adjustment as basis for rational benchmarking: the example of colon carcinomaHenry Ptok
Klinik fur Chirurgie, Carl Thiem Klinikum Cottbus, Thiemstr 111, 03048, Cottbus, Germany
World J Surg 35:196-205. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare various tools for the risk-adjusted assessment of treatment results after resection of colorectal carcinoma within the context of hospital benchmarking...
- Palliative stoma creation: comparison of laparoscopic vs conventional proceduresH Scheidbach
Department of Surgery, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:371-4. 2009..The creation of a stoma is an established therapeutic concept for the palliation of non-resectable rectal carcinomas and advanced tumours infiltrating the pelvis...
- Surgical practices for malignant left colonic obstruction in GermanyR Kube
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie Universitätsklinikum A ö R, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:65-71. 2010....
- Pretherapeutic MRI for decision-making regarding selective neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy for rectal carcinoma: interim analysis of a multicentric prospective observational studyHenry Ptok
Department of Surgery at Carl Thiem Klinik, Cottbus, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 37:1122-8. 2013....
- Conversion from laparoscopic to open colonic cancer resection - associated factors and their influence on long-term oncological outcomeH Ptok
Institute of Quality Control in Operative Medicine, University Hospital of Otto von Guericke, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:1273-9. 2009..The aim was to compare the long-term results of primary open resection (OR), purely laparoscopic resection (LR-p) and converted resection (LR-c)...
- Ex Vivo Intra-arterial Methylene Blue Injection in Rectal Cancer Specimens Increases the Lymph-Node Harvest, Especially After Preoperative RadiationMaria Münster
Department of Surgery, Carl Thiem Hospital Cottbus, Thiemstr 111, 03048, Cottbus, Germany
World J Surg 40:463-70. 2016..We therefore investigated whether staining with methylene blue via the inferior mesenteric artery can lead to an increase in the yield of lymph nodes in rectal carcinoma tissue after neoadjuvant RCT...