Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- [Late complications of open abdomen]F Eder
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie, Medizinische Fakultat, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120, Magdeburg
Chirurg 77:602-9. 2006..Despite the high morbidity, approximately 75% of surviving patients achieve good quality of life. In our opinion, this justifies the extensive treatment concepts and associated high costs...
- Solid-pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreatic tailFrank Eder
Department of General Surgery, Otto von Guericke University, Medical Faculty, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg D 39120, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 11:4117-9. 2005..The rare solid-pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas has a good prognosis after successful oncological resection...
- Sealing of the hepatic resection area using fibrin glue reduces significant amount of postoperative drain fluidFrank Eder
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg D 39120, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 11:5984-7. 2005....
- Surgery of inferior vena cava associated malignant tumor lesionsF Eder
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Vasa 37:68-80. 2008....
- [Antegrade aortomesenteric revascularisation originating from the supracoeliac aortic segment--a promising surgical option in chronic ischaemia of the visceral arteries]Z Halloul
Gefässchirurgie, Klinik fur Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum, Magdeburg
Zentralbl Chir 133:380-5. 2008..Ischaemia of the visceral arteries is considered to be an extraordinary challenge in the interdisciplinary therapeutic management...
- [The use of v.a.C.-system in wound management for borderline indications]J Tautenhahn
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie, Medizinische Fakultät der Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg
Zentralbl Chir 129:S12-3. 2004..The accelerated healing process, while reducing the duration of therapy, turns out to be cost-efficient...
- Successful surgical treatment of a combined abdominal and thoracic impalement injuryA Friedl
Department of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:286-8. 2006..Longitudinal sternotomy and laparotomy allowed us to remove the metal rod carefully with no severe signs of injuries of abdominal and thoracic organs. There were no surgical postoperative complications...
- Endovascular treatment of tumor-induced axillary artery hemorrhageP Mroczkowski
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Vasa 36:50-2. 2007..The final angiography showed a correct placement of the stent with excellent distal flow, and no signs of bleeding. On the seventh day, the patient was discharged with ambulatory follow up...
- Informed consent for molecular-based diagnostic and prognostic studies in the cancer patientMarc A Reymond
Department Surgery, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Dig Dis 21:351-6. 2003..Benefit sharing is another field of contradictory discussion. Normal volunteers are a special case among gene expression studies. An example of informed consent form is provided...
- Ethical and regulatory issues arising from proteomic research and technologyMarc A Reymond
Department of Surgery, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Proteomics 3:1387-96. 2003..Samples and related data should be destroyed on request at any time point during the course of the study. If possible, traceability of the donor should be ensured...