Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Vision: attention makes the cup flow overJochen Braun
Center for Behavioral Brain Science, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Curr Biol 18:R713-5. 2008....
- Attractors and noise: twin drivers of decisions and multistabilityJochen Braun
Cognitive Biology Lab, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroimage 52:740-51. 2010..The attractor framework seems particularly promising for understanding higher-level mental states that combine heterogeneous information from a distributed set of brain areas...
- The role of attention in ambiguous reversals of structure-from-motionSolveiga Stonkute
Cognitive Biology Lab, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Magdeburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e37734. 2012..We conclude that the outcome of ambiguous reversals depends on attention, specifically on attention to the illusory sphere and its surface irregularities, but not on attentive tracking of individual surface dots...
- Visual attention is a single, integrated resourceAlexander Pastukhov
Institute of Biology, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Vision Res 49:1166-73. 2009..These results confirm that visual attention conforms exactly to the predictions of a single, integrated resource...
- A short-term memory of multi-stable perceptionAlexander Pastukhov
Cognitive Biology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Vis 8:7.1-14. 2008..Instead, a short-term memory of appearance must be added to the multiple processes that jointly produce reversals of perceptual appearance...
- Rare but precious: microsaccades are highly informative about attentional allocationAlexander Pastukhov
Cognitive Biology, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Leipziger Strasse 44 Haus 91, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Vision Res 50:1173-84. 2010..The detailed time-courses of the two effects differed, however, suggesting that they may reflect independent processes...
- Temporal context and conditional associative learningOussama H Hamid
Department of Cognitive Biology, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
BMC Neurosci 11:45. 2010..Some objects were consistently preceded by specific other objects, while other objects lacked this task-irrelevant but predictive context...
- Perceptual reversals need no prompting by attentionAlexander Pastukhov
Cognitive Biology Lab, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger, Germany
J Vis 7:5.1-17. 2007..We conclude that reversals of phenomenal appearance are not prompted externally by attention shifts, but internally by an intrinsic instability of the neural representation of ambiguous patterns...
- Popout modulates focal attention in the primary visual cortexJens Max Hopf
Department of Neurology II, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroimage 22:574-82. 2004....
- Contrast thresholds for component motion with full and poor attentionNaotsugu Tsuchiya
Humanities and Social Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Vis 7:1. 2007..In addition, attention exhibits its well-known effect of reducing lateral masking between nearby spatiotemporal wavelets...
- Vision: attending the invisibleJochen Braun
Cognitive Biology Laboratory, Magdeburg, Germany
Curr Biol 17:R202-3. 2007..Recent work has exploited more contrived situations that allow these psychologically defined processes to be dissociated, providing insights into their respective neurophysiological correlates...
- Visual attention: light enters the jungleJochen Braun
Institute of Neuroscience, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8AA, UK
Curr Biol 12:R599-601. 2002..Recent studies focusing on basic visual attributes, such as luminance, colour and motion, are providing a starting point for investigating the relationship between perceptual and neural manifestations of attention...