Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Vision: attention makes the cup flow overJochen Braun
Center for Behavioral Brain Science, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Curr Biol 18:R713-5. 2008....
- Attractors and noise: twin drivers of decisions and multistabilityJochen Braun
Cognitive Biology Lab, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroimage 52:740-51. 2010..The attractor framework seems particularly promising for understanding higher-level mental states that combine heterogeneous information from a distributed set of brain areas...
- The role of attention in ambiguous reversals of structure-from-motionSolveiga Stonkute
Cognitive Biology Lab, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Magdeburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e37734. 2012..We conclude that the outcome of ambiguous reversals depends on attention, specifically on attention to the illusory sphere and its surface irregularities, but not on attentive tracking of individual surface dots...
- Visual attention is a single, integrated resourceAlexander Pastukhov
Institute of Biology, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Vision Res 49:1166-73. 2009..These results confirm that visual attention conforms exactly to the predictions of a single, integrated resource...
- A short-term memory of multi-stable perceptionAlexander Pastukhov
Cognitive Biology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Vis 8:7.1-14. 2008..Instead, a short-term memory of appearance must be added to the multiple processes that jointly produce reversals of perceptual appearance...
- Rare but precious: microsaccades are highly informative about attentional allocationAlexander Pastukhov
Cognitive Biology, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Leipziger Strasse 44 Haus 91, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Vision Res 50:1173-84. 2010..The detailed time-courses of the two effects differed, however, suggesting that they may reflect independent processes...
- Collective Activity of Many Bistable Assemblies Reproduces Characteristic Dynamics of Multistable PerceptionRobin Cao
Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy, and
J Neurosci 36:6957-72. 2016..Our findings suggests that perceptual representations are granular, probabilistic, and operate far from equilibrium, thereby offering a suitable substrate for statistical inference...
- Temporal context and conditional associative learningOussama H Hamid
Department of Cognitive Biology, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
BMC Neurosci 11:45. 2010..Some objects were consistently preceded by specific other objects, while other objects lacked this task-irrelevant but predictive context...
- Perceptual reversals need no prompting by attentionAlexander Pastukhov
Cognitive Biology Lab, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger, Germany
J Vis 7:5.1-17. 2007..We conclude that reversals of phenomenal appearance are not prompted externally by attention shifts, but internally by an intrinsic instability of the neural representation of ambiguous patterns...
- Popout modulates focal attention in the primary visual cortexJens Max Hopf
Department of Neurology II, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroimage 22:574-82. 2004....
- Contrast thresholds for component motion with full and poor attentionNaotsugu Tsuchiya
Humanities and Social Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Vis 7:1. 2007..In addition, attention exhibits its well-known effect of reducing lateral masking between nearby spatiotemporal wavelets...
- Vision: attending the invisibleJochen Braun
Cognitive Biology Laboratory, Magdeburg, Germany
Curr Biol 17:R202-3. 2007..Recent work has exploited more contrived situations that allow these psychologically defined processes to be dissociated, providing insights into their respective neurophysiological correlates...
- Visual attention: light enters the jungleJochen Braun
Institute of Neuroscience, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8AA, UK
Curr Biol 12:R599-601. 2002..Recent studies focusing on basic visual attributes, such as luminance, colour and motion, are providing a starting point for investigating the relationship between perceptual and neural manifestations of attention...