- [Smoking cessation during treatment of alcohol dependence in drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres--a review]K Metz
IFT Institut fur Therapieforschung, Munchen
Gesundheitswesen 67:461-7. 2005..smoking cessation strategies and 3. description of national and international studies evaluating smoking cessation interventions with patients who are at the same time treated for their alcohol abuse disorder...
- Telephone booster sessions for optimizing smoking cessation for patients in rehabilitation centersKarin Metz
Institute for Therapy Research, Munich, Germany
Nicotine Tob Res 9:853-63. 2007..Further research should focus on the special needs of women receiving telephone counseling...
- [Proportion of smokers, stages of preparedness to change and utilisation of a smoking cessation intervention in mother-child rehabilitation]S Flöter
IFT Institut fur Therapieforschung, Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Gesundheitswesen 69:311-8. 2007..Smoking mothers put their own health as well as that of their children at risk. Mother-child inpatient rehabilitation centres can be a suitable setting for reaching this target group and providing support for smoking cessation...
- Social contexts in adolescent smoking: does school policy matter?D Piontek
Prevention Research, Institut für Therapieforschung, 80804 München, Germany
Health Educ Res 23:1029-38. 2008..For the older students, a positive association was found between the presence of smoking teachers on school grounds and smoking behaviour. Results are discussed considering methodological aspects and public health concerns...
- School context variables and students' smoking. Testing a mediation model through multilevel analysisDaniela Piontek
IFT Institut fur Therapieforschung, Munchen, Germany
Eur Addict Res 14:53-60. 2008..This study applied a multilevel approach to examine the associations between school smoking policy and student smoking. It was tested whether individual characteristics are mediators of school policy effects...