Affiliation: Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics
- A gene-based radiation hybrid map of the gilthead sea bream Sparus aurata refines and exploits conserved synteny with Tetraodon nigroviridisElena Sarropoulou
Institute of Marine Biology and Genetics, Hellenic Center for Marine Research, Crete, Greece
BMC Genomics 8:44. 2007....
- Large-scale mapping of mutations affecting zebrafish developmentRobert Geisler
Department 3 Genetics, Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Spemannstr, 35 III, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
BMC Genomics 8:11. 2007..Here we report on a large-scale effort to map the mutations generated in mutagenesis screening at the Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology by genome scanning with microsatellite markers...
- A radiation hybrid map of the zebrafish genomeR Geisler
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Spemannstr 35, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Nat Genet 23:86-9. 1999..9%. We found the average marker retention frequency to be 18.4%. One cR3000 is equivalent to 61 kb, resulting in a potential resolution of approximately 350 kb...
- Control of her1 expression during zebrafish somitogenesis by a delta-dependent oscillator and an independent wave-front activityS A Holley
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Tubingen, Germany
Genes Dev 14:1678-90. 2000..Thus, our analysis indicates that the smooth sequence of formation, refinement, and fading of her1 stripes in the PSM is governed by two separate activities...
- A gradient of cytoplasmic Cactus degradation establishes the nuclear localization gradient of the dorsal morphogen in DrosophilaA Bergmann
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Abt für Genetik, Tubingen, Germany
Mech Dev 60:109-23. 1996..Genetic evidence indicates that degradation of Cactus is required, but not sufficient to translocates Dorsal completely into the nucleus...
- Mariner is defective in myosin VIIA: a zebrafish model for human hereditary deafnessS Ernest
Unité de Génétique des Déficits Sensoriels, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 9:2189-96. 2000..Thus, this study demonstrates the striking conservation of the function of Myosin VIIA throughout vertebrate evolution and establishes mariner as the first fish model for human hereditary deafness...
- Zebrafish colourless encodes sox10 and specifies non-ectomesenchymal neural crest fatesK A Dutton
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Development 128:4113-25. 2001..This suggests a novel mechanism for the aetiology of Waardenburg-Shah syndrome in which affected neural crest derivatives fail to be generated from the neural crest...
- The zebrafish neckless mutation reveals a requirement for raldh2 in mesodermal signals that pattern the hindbrainG Begemann
MRC Intercellular Signalling Group, Centre for Developmental Genetics, University of Sheffield School of Medicine and Biomedical Science, Western Bank, UK
Development 128:3081-94. 2001....
- Maternal and embryonic expression of zebrafish lef1R I Dorsky
HHMI and Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mech Dev 86:147-50. 1999..In addition, we cloned two tcf3 genes and a homolog of tcf4, neither of which were strongly expressed in premigratory neural crest...
- The type I serine/threonine kinase receptor Alk8/Lost-a-fin is required for Bmp2b/7 signal transduction during dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryoH Bauer
Hans Spemann Laboratory, Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Development 128:849-58. 2001..Altogether, the data suggest that Alk8 acts as a Bmp2b/7 receptor upstream of Smad5...
- Conservation of Mhc class III region synteny between zebrafish and human as determined by radiation hybrid mappingH Sultmann
Max Planck Institut fur Biologie, Abteilung Immungenetik, Tubingen, Germany
J Immunol 165:6984-93. 2000..This gene assembly presumably represents the pre-MHC: that existed before the class I/II genes arose. The pre-MHC: may not have contained the complement and other class III genes involved in immune response...
- A mutation in the Gsk3-binding domain of zebrafish Masterblind/Axin1 leads to a fate transformation of telencephalon and eyes to diencephalonC P Heisenberg
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Genes Dev 15:1427-34. 2001..Our data reveal a crucial role for Axin1-dependent inhibition of the Wnt pathway in the early regional subdivision of the anterior neural plate into telencephalic, diencephalic, and eye-forming territories...