Affiliation: Martin Luther University
- Successful treatment of MuSK antibody-positive myasthenia gravis with rituximabBerit Hain
Department of Neurology, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Strasse 40, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Muscle Nerve 33:575-80. 2006..The patient continued to remain stable 12 months after initiation of therapy. This case report demonstrates that rituximab may be an effective and tolerable treatment in MuSK antibody-positive myasthenia gravis...
- [Neuromyelitis optica: a separate disease entity associated with aquaporin-4-antibodies]B Jordan
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 76:21-7. 2008..In addition, the identification of AQP-4 antibodies supports peripheral humoral autoimmune pathogenesis in NMO and permits early initiation of effective therapy for prevention of attack-related disability...
- [Polymyositis associated with thymoma]B Jordan
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Strasse 40, 06097, Halle Saale, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 80:708-11. 2009..Due to the simultaneous occurrence of these paraneoplastic diseases, the criteria for exact diagnosis (serum creatine kinase, EMG, ocular involvement) overlap. This diagnostic dilemma can appreciably complicate the therapeutic approach...
- Camptocormia phenotype of FSHD: a clinical and MRI study on six patientsBerit Jordan
Department of Neurology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
J Neurol 258:866-73. 2011..The involvement of hip extensor muscles in FSHD might considerably contribute to the clinical phenotype of camptocormia due to axial muscle involvement...
- [Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy. Clinical picture, atypical forms, diagnostics, genetics]B Jordan
Klinik fur Neurologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale
Nervenarzt 82:712-22. 2011..Penetrance of this dominantly inherited disorder is high, exhibiting a great phenotypic variability in clinical pattern and disease progression even among affected members of the same family...
- Beevor's sign in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy: an old sign with new implicationsKatharina Eger
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitätsklinikum Halle, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Strasse 40, 06097, Halle Saale, Germany
J Neurol 257:436-8. 2010..However, especially in atypical cases, Beevor's sign might help in the diagnosis of FSHD...
- Safety and Efficacy of Liposomal Cytarabine in the Treatment of Neoplastic MeningitisFranziska Jahn
Department of Hematology Oncology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Oncology 89:137-42. 2015..An efficacious and comfortable treatment alternative might be represented by liposomal cytarabine...
- Hybrid genes between HLA-A2 and HLA-A3 constructed by in vivo recombination allow mapping of HLA-A2 and HLA-A3 polymorphic antigenic determinantsJ Sire
Centre d Immunologie, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Marseille, France
J Immunol 140:2422-30. 1988..But aspartic residue 161 contributes with glutamic acid residue 152 in the formation of the A3 epitope recognized by the anti-A3 mAb X1.23.2...
- [Klüver-Bucy syndrome in humans]C Gaul
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Martin Luther Universitat, Halle Wittenberg
Nervenarzt 78:821-3. 2007..Seizures are another frequent symptom. Here we describe KBS in a female inpatient aged 30 in whom KBS and psychotic symptoms occurred together...