- Testing the limits of optimizing dual-task performance in younger and older adults
Department Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich Munich, Germany
Front Hum Neurosci 6:39. 2012
..Therefore through applying a testing the limits approach, we demonstrated that older adults improved dual-task performance to the same level as younger adults at the end of training under very specific conditions...
- Effects of extensive dual-task practice on processing stages in simultaneous choice tasks
Department Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munich, Leopoldstr 13, 80802 Munich, Germany
Atten Percept Psychophys 75:900-20. 2013
..For a better understanding of such time-sharing, we discuss the contributions of the present findings in relation to models of practiced dual-task performance. ..
- Investigation on the improvement and transfer of dual-task coordination skills
Department Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Leopoldstr 13, 80802, Munich, Germany
Psychol Res 76:794-811. 2012
..In the task switching situation, single-task and hybrid practice both led to a transfer effect on mixing costs...
- Video game practice optimizes executive control skills in dual-task and task switching situations
Unit of experimental and general psychology, Department Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Acta Psychol (Amst) 140:13-24. 2012
- Age- and practice-related influences on dual-task costs and compensation mechanisms under optimal conditions of dual-task performance
Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 19:222-47. 2012
..At the end of practice, however, we showed that older adults do not achieve the same optimized dual-task performance level of younger adults...
- Task switching: effects of practice on switch and mixing costs
Department Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Leopoldstr 13, 80802, Munich, Germany
Psychol Res 76:74-83. 2012
..Both valence conditions revealed substantial mixing and switch costs at the beginning of practice, yet, mixing costs were largely eliminated after eight practice sessions while switch costs were still existent...
- Long-term adaptation effects of highly familiar faces are modulated by adaptation duration
Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Department Psychology, Leopoldstrasse 13, D 80802 Munich, Germany
Perception 40:1000-4. 2011
..By using regression analysis, here we show that adaptation duration modulates the size of the adaptation effect, which was evident after both short and long time delays and across all levels of transferability tested...
- Working memory demands modulate cognitive control in the Stroop paradigm
Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munich, Leopoldstr 13, 80802, Munich, Germany
Psychol Res 77:333-47. 2013
..We explain our findings by assuming that WM processes interfere with conflict-triggered cognitive control, harming the efficiency of these control processes...
- Motivational and cognitive determinants of control during conflict processing
a Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Cogn Emot 28:1076-89. 2014
..We conclude that the interaction of motivation with cognitive determinants of control depends on whether these activate proactive or reactive control processes. ..
- On the impacts of working memory training on executive functioning
Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munich, Germany
Front Hum Neurosci 6:166. 2012
..These results, therefore, confirm previous findings that WM can be trained, and additionally, they show that the training effects can generalize to various other tasks tapping on executive functions...
- Face adaptation effects: reviewing the impact of adapting information, time, and transfer
Department of Psychology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Front Psychol 4:318. 2013
..g., images of the same or different identities). The review concludes with options for how to combine findings across different dimensions to demonstrate the relevance of our framework for future studies...
- Video game experience and optimized executive control skills-On false positives and false negatives: Reply to Boot and Simons (2012)
Department of Psychology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany General and Experimental Psychology, Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany Electronic address
Acta Psychol (Amst) 141:278-80. 2012
..We discuss these points in conjunction with a perspective for balancing false positive and false negative errors in training research...