- Chromatic pupillometry dissects function of the three different light-sensitive retinal cell populations in RPE65 deficiencyBirgit Lorenz
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:5641-52. 2012....
- A comprehensive clinical and biochemical functional study of a novel RPE65 hypomorphic mutationBirgit Lorenz
Department of Ophthalmology, Justus Liebig University, Universitaetsklinikum Giessen und Marburg GmbH, Giessen Campus, Giessen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:5235-42. 2008..The functional consequences of the novel P25L RPE65 mutation was correlated with its early-childhood phenotype and compared with other pathogenic missense mutations...
- [Current ophthalmic aspects of acute retinopathy of prematurity]B Lorenz
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Justus Liebig Universitat, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg GmbH, Standort Giessen, Friedrichstrasse 18, 35392 Giessen
Ophthalmologe 105:1092-100. 2008..In addition to laser photocoagulation, which at present is the recognised treatment of choice, the use of growth factor inhibitors is now under debate...
- Wide-field digital imaging based telemedicine for screening for acute retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). Six-year results of a multicentre field studyBirgit Lorenz
Department of Ophthalmology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Universitaetsklinikum Giessen and Marburg GmbH Giessen Campus, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:1251-62. 2009..To report on a 6-year experience with wide-field digital imaging based telemedicine (WFDI telemedicine) to reduce the risk for blindness from retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Retinal blinding disorders and gene therapy--molecular and clinical aspectsBirgit Lorenz
Department of Ophthalmology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Friedrichstr 18, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Curr Gene Ther 10:350-70. 2010....
- Gene therapy for vision loss -- recent developmentsKnut Stieger
Department of Ophthalmology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Discov Med 10:425-33. 2010..For those patients suffering from RP with unknown mutations, an AAV based transfer of bacterial forms of rhodopsin in the central retina might be an option to reactivate residual cones in the future...
- Fundus autofluorescence in carriers of choroideremia and correlation with electrophysiologic and psychophysical dataMarkus N Preising
Department of Ophthalmology, Justus Liebig University, Universitaetsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Giessen, Germany
Ophthalmology 116:1201-9.e1-2. 2009..To describe fundus autofluorescence (FAF) in carriers of choroideremia (CHM), and to compare FAF findings with ophthalmoscopy and electrophysiologic and psychophysical data...
- [Blind spot enlargement syndrome in acute zonal occult outer retinopathy with detection of autoantibodies against the retinal antigens CRALBP and S-Ag]R V Neutzner
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Justus Liebig Universität Gießen, UKGM GmbH, Standort Gießen, Giesen, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 108:1045-9. 2011..Systemic steroids were given but stopped almost 6 weeks later as no improvement was seen. In follow-up controls over 12 months the clinical picture remained unchanged without any further therapy...
- [Recruitment of Suitable Families to Identify Causative Genes in Hereditary Strabismus]M N Preising
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giesen
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 232:1158-64. 2015..Only linkage analysis has been applied to study the genetic causes and correlations. The objective of this study was the compilation and statistical evaluation of a useful cohort of families for linkage analysis...
- [Autosomal recessive bestrophinopathy (ARB): a clinical and molecular description of two patients at childhood]M N Preising
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH, Standort Gießen, Justus Liebig Universitat
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 229:1009-17. 2012..This is not only due to its low prevalence, but also to the phenotypic appearance. This paper describes typical features in two patients and discusses novel findings using improved ophthalmological diagnostic tools...