- Arthroscopic debridement of massive irreparable rotator cuff tearsDennis Liem
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Munster, Munster, Germany
Arthroscopy 24:743-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate clinical and radiologic results of arthroscopic debridement of massive irreparable rotator cuff tears...
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair in overhead-throwing athletesDennis Liem
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Street 33, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Am J Sports Med 36:1317-22. 2008..When overhead-throwing athletes suffer from a rotator cuff tear, their ability to perform sporting activities is significantly impaired...
- The influence of arthroscopic subscapularis tendon and capsule release on internal rotation strength in treatment of frozen shoulderDennis Liem
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Muenster, Albert Schweizer Street 33, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Am J Sports Med 36:921-6. 2008..Additional release of the intra-articular part of the subscapularis is controversial regarding possible impairment of subscapularis function...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of arthroscopic supraspinatus tendon repairDennis Liem
Shoulder and Elbow Service, ATOS Clinic Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:1770-6. 2007....
- Clinical outcome and tendon integrity of arthroscopic versus mini-open supraspinatus tendon repair: a magnetic resonance imaging-controlled matched-pair analysisDennis Liem
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Arthroscopy 23:514-21. 2007..However, there are concerns about whether the same repair integrity can be achieved. The purpose of our study was to compare clinical and structural results of arthroscopic and mini-open rotator cuff repair...
- Arthroscopic Bankart repair in traumatic anterior shoulder instability using a suture anchor techniqueBjörn Marquardt
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Munster, Munster, Germany
Arthroscopy 22:931-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to prospectively evaluate the surgical outcome of arthroscopic Bankart repair via suture anchors in patients with recurrent traumatic anterior shoulder instability with a minimum follow-up of 2 years...
- Evaluation of a reconstruction reverse shoulder for tumour surgery and tribological comparision with an anatomical shoulder arthroplastyRalf Dieckmann
Department of Orthopaedics and Tumor Orthopaedics, Munster University Hospital, Albert Schweitzer Campus 1, A1, 48149, Munster, Germany
Int Orthop 37:451-6. 2013..We compared the tribological properties of an anatomical shoulder prosthesis (CAPICA) with the new reversed proximal humerus replacement (MUTARS humerus inverse)...
- Subscapularis function after transosseous repair in shoulder arthroplasty: transosseous subscapularis repair in shoulder arthroplastyDennis Liem
Department of Orthopedics and Tumor Orthopedics, University Hospital, Muenster, Germany
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:1322-7. 2012..The goal of this study was an evaluation of subjective and objective subscapularis function after transosseous refixation...
- Long-term results of arthroscopic Bankart repair with a bioabsorbable tackBjörn Marquardt
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48129 Munster, Germany
Am J Sports Med 34:1906-10. 2006..Short-term to midterm data are available on arthroscopic shoulder stabilization using bioabsorbable tacks or suture anchors. It remains unknown whether these techniques can equal the success of open Bankart repair in the long term...
- Clinical and structural results of partial supraspinatus tears treated by subacromial decompression without repairDennis Liem
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Muenster, Albert Schweizer Str 33, 48149 Munster, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:967-72. 2008..These results reach almost 95% of the value of a healthy shoulder. A better result on ultrasound examination was associated with a superior clinical outcome, while progression to a full thickness tear was rare...
- In vivo blood flow after rotator cuff reconstruction in a sheep model: comparison of single versus double rowDennis Liem
Department of Orthopedics and Tumor Orthopedics, University Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Campus 1, 48149, Muenster, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 23:470-7. 2015..The aim of this experimental study was to evaluate the effect of a DR and a SR technique on tendon blood flow in a sheep model...
- The prevalence of rotator cuff tears: is the contralateral shoulder at risk?Dennis Liem
Dennis Liem, Department of Orthopedics and Tumor Orthopedics, University Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Am J Sports Med 42:826-30. 2014..Rotator cuff tears are a common cause of pain and disability of the shoulder. Information on the prevalence and identification of potential risk factors could help in early detection of rotator cuff tears and improve treatment outcome...
- Calcifying tendinitis of the shoulder: midterm results after arthroscopic treatmentMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Am J Sports Med 40:657-61. 2012..When nonoperative treatment over a prolonged period of time fails, surgical treatment should be considered. Midterm success rates are inconsistent, and the role of subacromial decompression is still unclear...
- Effect of posterior offset humeral components on range of motion in reverse shoulder arthroplastyNicolas J Dedy
Orthopaedic Department, University Hospital Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Int Orthop 35:549-54. 2011..However, this observation is only true for the uncemented PROMOS® reverse prosthesis. Other reverse shoulder designs with posterior offset components are yet to be tested...
- Step activity monitoring in lumbar stenosis patients undergoing decompressive surgeryTobias L Schulte
Department of Orthopaedics, Munster University Hospital, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48149, Munster, Germany
Eur Spine J 19:1855-64. 2010..The SAM could be an adequate tool for performing these measurements in spine patients. Except for leg pain, the objective SAM results did not correlate with the clinical results or with the radiographic extent of central LSS...
- Unilateral aplasia of both cruciate ligamentsMaurice Balke
Department of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne Merheim Medical Center, Ostmerheimerstrasse 200, 51109 Cologne, Germany
J Orthop Surg Res 5:11. 2010..We refer the abnormal finding of only one tibial spine to as the "dromedar-sign" as opposed to the two (medial and a lateral) tibial spines in a normal knee. This may be used as a hint for aplasia of the cruciate ligaments...
- Conversions from anatomic shoulder replacements to reverse total shoulder arthroplasty: do the indications for initial surgery influence the clinical outcome after revision surgery?Malte Holschen
Orthopedic Practice Clinic OPPK, Schürbusch 55, 48143, Munster, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg . 2016..This study evaluates the influence of indications for primary shoulder arthroplasty on the clinical outcome after conversion to reverse total shoulder arthroplasty...
- Treatment of stem fractures in tumor prostheses by connecting different systems with a special adapterMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 54:307-14. 2009..The mean Musculoskeletal Tumor Society score was 81.7% of normal function. The presented adapter enables restoration of the long-term extremity function with relatively minor revision...
- Injuries and overuse syndromes in golfGeorg Gosheger
Departments of Orthopaedics, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Am J Sports Med 31:438-43. 2003..Although golf is becoming more popular, there is a lack of reliable epidemiologic data on golf injuries and overuse syndromes, especially regarding their severity...
- Cold versus cold compression therapy after shoulder arthroscopy: a prospective randomized clinical trialMartin Alfuth
Funktionsbereich Bewegungsanalytik, Institut für Experimentelle Muskuloskelettale Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 24:2209-15. 2016..It was hypothesized that using the bandage is more effective in reducing pain and swelling after 24 h compared with using only a cold pack...
- Intra-articular meniscoid folds in thoracic zygapophysial jointsTobias L Schulte
From the Department of Orthopedics, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany Institute of Anatomy, University of Munster, Germany and Department of Medicine, St Franziskus Hospital, Munster, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:E191-7. 2010..A descriptive morphologic anatomic study was performed...
- Influence of tendon healing after arthroscopic rotator cuff repair on clinical outcome using single-row Mason-Allen suture technique: a prospective, MRI controlled studySven Lichtenberg
ATOS Klinik, Bismarckstrasse 9 15, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:1200-6. 2006..Cuff integrity influences postoperative strength and Constant-score. Patients older than 65 years show a higher re-tear rate. Therapeutic Level IV is the level of evidence...