Affiliation: Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research Dresden
- Catalyst volume to surface area constraints for nucleating carbon nanotubesMark H Rümmeli
IFW Dresden, P O Box 270116, D 01171 Dresden, Germany, Dresden University of Technology, D 01062 Dresden, Germany
J Phys Chem B 111:8234-41. 2007..The extent to which these two windows overlap establishes the mean diameter and diameter distribution of the obtained single wall carbon nanotubes...
- Growth of all-carbon horizontally aligned single-walled carbon nanotubes nucleated from fullerene-based structuresImad Ibrahim
IFW Dresden e, V, PF 270116, Dresden 01171, Germany
Nanoscale Res Lett 8:265. 2013..Field-effect transistors were fabricated using the catalyst-free SWCNT and then electrically characterized, showing current capacity as high as the well-studied catalyst-assisted nanotubes...
- The polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon concentrations in soils in the Region of Valasske Mezirici, the Czech RepublicDaniela Plachá
Centre of Nanotechnology, VSB Technical University of Ostrava, 17 Listopadu 15, 708 33 Ostrava Poruba, Czech Republic
Geochem Trans 10:12. 2009..The soils from localities at higher altitudes above sea level have the highest PAH concentrations, and the PAH concentrations decrease with increasing distance from the town...
- Novel catalysts, room temperature, and the importance of oxygen for the synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubesMark H Rümmeli
Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research Dresden, IFW Dresden, P O Box 27016 D 01171 Dresden, Germany
Nano Lett 5:1209-15. 2005..The data point to a nucleation mechanism previously not identified, that places a stable oxidized ring as the root cause for the growth of SWCNTs...
- Investigating the outskirts of Fe and Co catalyst particles in alumina-supported catalytic CVD carbon nanotube growthMark H Rümmeli
IFW Dresden, D 01171 Dresden, Germany
ACS Nano 4:1146-52. 2010..The development of oxide-based catalysts is attractive in that they potentially provide an appropriate solution to directly integrate the synthesis of carbon nanotubes and graphene into silicon-based technology...
- Direct low-temperature nanographene CVD synthesis over a dielectric insulatorMark H Rümmeli
IFW Dresden, P O Box 270116, 01171 Dresden, Germany
ACS Nano 4:4206-10. 2010..We report a facile chemical vapor deposition approach in which nanographene and few-layer nanographene are directly formed over magnesium oxide and can be achieved at temperatures as low as 325 degrees C...
- Synthesis of carbon nanotubes with and without catalyst particlesMark Hermann Rümmeli
IFW Dresden, P, O, Box 270116, 01069 Dresden, Germany
Nanoscale Res Lett 6:303. 2011..These different growth systems are briefly examined in this article and serve to highlight the breadth of avenues available for carbon nanotube synthesis...
- Graphene: Piecing it togetherMark H Rümmeli
Leibniz Institut für Festkörper und Werkstoffforschung Dresden e V, PF 27 01 16, 01171 Dresden, Germany
Adv Mater 23:4471-90. 2011..The focus then centers on current synthesis strategies for graphene and their weaknesses in terms of electronics applications are highlighted...