Gabriele A Krombach
- Characterization of myocardial viability using MR and CT imagingGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 17:1433-44. 2007..The final emphasis is on current trends and future directions in noninvasive viability assessment using MRI and CT...
- [Diseases of connective tissue in IgG4-associated autoimmune diseases]G A Krombach
Klinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Klinikstrasse 33, 35392, Giessen, Deutschland
Radiologe 56:1061-1068. 2016..Computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be implemented in the diagnostic algorithm to narrow the differential diagnosis, delineate the distribution of fibrosis and reveal complications...
- [Imaging signs in chest diagnostics]G A Krombach
Klinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen, Justus Lie big Universität Giessen, Klinikstrasse 33, 35392, Giessen, Deutschland
Radiologe 56:717-34. 2016..If other imaging findings and clinical data are additionally taken into account, the diagnosis can be made with a high degree of confidence in many cases. ..
- Right ventricular adaptation to pulmonary pressure load in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before and after successful pulmonary endarterectomy--a cardiovascular magnetic resonance studyAndreas Rolf
Department of Cardiology, Kerckhoff Heart and Thorax Centre, Benekestrasse 2 8, Bad Nauheim 61231, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 16:96. 2014....
- Application of magnetic resonance imaging in transgenic and chemical mouse models of hepatocellular carcinomaJulia Freimuth
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center 1450, 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94158 9001, USA
Mol Cancer 9:94. 2010..The aim of this study was to establish a protocol for the non-invasive analysis of hepatocarcinogenesis in transgenic mice using a clinical 1.5 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging scanner...
- Functional cardiac MR imaging with true fast imaging with steady-state free precession before and after intravenous injection of contrast medium: comparison of image quality and accuracyGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 21:702-11. 2011..To compare image quality and accuracy of left ventricular function of cine SSFP (steady-state free precession) images before and after injection of Gd-DTPA...
- Feasibility and initial experience of assessment of mechanical dyssynchrony using cardiovascular magnetic resonance and semi-automatic border detectionRalf Koos
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:49. 2008..Thus, the aim of this study was to determine the value of cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) for the assessment of the SDI in patients with reduced LV function as well as in healthy controls using semi-automatic border tracking...
- Rapid and accurate determination of relative infarct size in humans using contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingMirja Neizel
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital of the RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 98:319-24. 2009..The aim of this study was therefore to quantify rIS assessed by ceCMR in patients with chronic myocardial infarction using semi-automatic quantitation techniques...
- MR-guided percutaneous intramyocardial injection with an MR-compatible catheter: feasibility and changes in T1 values after injection of extracellular contrast medium in pigsGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital of the University of Technology, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Radiology 235:487-94. 2005....
- Dehiscence of the superior and/or posterior semicircular canal: delineation on T2-weighted axial three-dimensional turbo spin-echo images, maximum intensity projections and volume-rendered imagesGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Technology RWTH, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:111-7. 2006..Volume-rendered 3D images allow for immediate perception of the location of defects in semicircular canal dehiscence. These images may facilitate understanding of the extent and location of the defects...
- Magnetic resonance-guided angioplasty with delivery of contrast-media doped solutions to the vessel wall: an experimental study in swineGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 43:530-7. 2008..To assess the feasibility of magnetic resonance (MR)-guided delivery of a solution containing contrast-medium and immediate online monitoring of its distribution to the vessel wall during MR-guided angioplasty in peripheral arteries...
- Molecular magnetic resonance imaging of myocardial perfusion with EP-3600, a collagen-specific contrast agent: initial feasibility study in a swine modelElmar Spuentrup
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Technical University Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Circulation 119:1768-75. 2009..EP-3600 is a new gadolinium-containing molecular contrast agent that binds reversibly to myocardial collagen...
- Cardiac amyloidosis: MR imaging findings and T1 quantification, comparison with control subjectsGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:1283-7. 2007....
- Gd-BOPTA for assessment of myocardial viability on MRI: changes of T1 value and their impact on delayed enhancementGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelstrasse 30, Aachen 52057, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:2136-46. 2009..05). Administration of 0.1 mmol/kg body weight Gd-BOPTA can provide similar late enhancement images compared with the standard 0.2 mmol/kg body weight dose of Gd-DTPA due to the higher T1 relaxivity associated with the former...
- In vivo visualization of polymer-based mesh implants using conventional magnetic resonance imaging and positive-contrast susceptibility imagingNils A Kraemer
Department of Radiology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 48:200-5. 2013..The purpose of this study was to compare PCSI with conventional gradient echo and turbo spin echo (TSE) sequences for the in vivo assessment of superparamagnetic iron oxide particle-loaded surgical meshes in an animal model...
- Comparison of left ventricular function assessment using phonocardiogram- and electrocardiogram-triggered 2D SSFP CINE MR imaging at 1.5 T and 3.0 TMeike Becker
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 20:1344-55. 2010..This study explores the suitability of acoustic cardiac triggering (ACT) for left ventricular (LV) function assessment in healthy subjects (n = 14)...
- Imaging of congenital anomalies and acquired lesions of the inner earGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:319-30. 2008..The current review gives an overview about symptoms and imaging appearance of malformations and acquired lesion of the inner ear...
- Evaluation of an active vena cava filter for MR imaging in a swine modelNils A Kraemer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Institute for Medical Statistics, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52075 Aachen, Germany
Radiology 258:446-54. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging-guided placement of an active vena cava filter (AVCF) in a swine model, the effectiveness of the system in filtering thrombi, and the detection of thrombi with MR imaging...
- Comparison of magnetic resonance perfusion imaging versus invasive fractional flow reserve for assessment of the hemodynamic significance of epicardial coronary artery stenosisHarald P Kuhl
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Am J Cardiol 99:1090-5. 2007..0001), suggesting the presence of microvascular dysfunction. In conclusion, FP-CMR may be useful for assessment of the hemodynamic relevance of angiographically undetermined CAD...
- Functional MR imaging of the eustachian tube in patients with clinically proven dysfunction: correlation with lesions detected on MR imagesAnna Lükens
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, University of Technology RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 22:533-8. 2012..To visualise the function of the Eustachian tube by MRI and assess the effect of surrounding lesions...
- Preclinical evaluation of a novel fiber compound MR guidewire in vivoNils A Krämer
Clinic of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Technology Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 44:390-7. 2009..Mechanical stability, good visibility during real-time imaging, and RF safety are essential. A novel fiber-compound MR guidewire (GW) was evaluated in different MR-guided interventional scenarios...
- Dual-source CT assessment of ventricular function in healthy and infarcted myocardium: an animal studyAndreas H Mahnken
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 77:443-9. 2011..To assess global and regional ventricular function in the presence of myocardial infarction (MI) using cardiac dual-source computed tomography (DSCT) in comparison to magnetic resonance (MR) imaging...
- Myocardial T2* mapping free of distortion using susceptibility-weighted fast spin-echo imaging: a feasibility study at 1.5 T and 3.0 TUwe Heinrichs
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, RWTH Aachen University, University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Magn Reson Med 62:822-8. 2009..0 +/- 6.4 ms (1.5 T) and 15.4 +/- 1.8 ms (3.0 T) were observed. The merits and limitations of the proposed approach are discussed and its implications for cardiac and vascular T2*-mapping are considered...
- Cardiovascular remodeling during arteriovenous fistula maturation in a rodent uremia modelStephan Langer
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Vasc Access 12:215-23. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate cardiovascular remodeling after arteriovenous fistula (AVF) surgery and to characterize the effect of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in a rodent femoral AVF model...
- Computed tomography of the inner ear: size of anatomical structures in the normal temporal bone and in the temporal bone of patients with Menière's diseaseGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, University of Technology RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:1505-13. 2005..The different sizes of anatomical structures of the control group and of patients suffering from Menière's disease suggest that functional impairment might be related to subtle morphological changes...
- A pilot study of the characterization of hepatic tissue strain in children with cystic-fibrosis-associated liver disease (CFLD) by acoustic radiation force impulse imagingChristopher B Behrens
Department of Pediatric Radiology, University Hospital Giessen, Feulgenstrasse 10 12, 35392, Giessen, Germany
Pediatr Radiol 43:552-7. 2013..Sonographic elastography based on acoustic radiation force impulse imaging (ARFI) is a new noninvasive approach for quantitatively assessing in vivo elasticity of biological tissues in many organs...
- Central vein dilatation prior to concomitant port implantationGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, University of Technology RWTH Aachen, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:362-6. 2010..The combination of recanalization and port placement in a single intervention is a straightforward alternative for patients with central venous occlusion that can only be offered by interventional radiology...
- A concept for magnetic resonance visualization of surgical textile implantsNils A Krämer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:477-83. 2010..Therefore, positive-contrast inversion-recovery with on-resonant water suppression (IRON) was applied and its properties were evaluated in vitro...
- Minimally invasive close-chest method for creating reperfused or occlusive myocardial infarction in swineGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital of the University of Technology, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 40:14-8. 2005..We sought to evaluate a closed-chest model for reperfused and occlusive myocardial infarction (MI) in pigs and to report experiences and pitfalls...
- T2-weighted turbo spin-echo images, maximum-intensity projections, and three-dimensional volume-rendering for delineation of pathologies and anatomic details of the inner earGabriele A Krombach
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, University of Technology RWTH Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 39:756-66. 2004..Each of the compared image types was available at 2 different resolutions...
- Is postcontrast trueFISP imaging advantageous?Bettina Jung
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Technology, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 39:517-23. 2004..The purpose of this study was to analyze signal intensities of abdominal organs after applying contrast medium and to determine whether this yields an improved contrast for pathologies compared with precontrast trueFISP...
- Assessment of reversible myocardial dysfunction in chronic ischaemic heart disease: comparison of contrast-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance and a combined positron emission tomography-single photon emission computed tomography imaging protocolHarald P Kuhl
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Eur Heart J 27:846-53. 2006....