Affiliation: Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen
- [Non-contact mapping of the left atrium using a multi electrode mapping array]Karlheinz Seidl
Herz 28:575-82. 2003..The methods and results of different ablation strategies for atrial fibrillation using the non-contact-mapping system are reported...
- [ICD therapy as secondary prevention]K Seidl
Zentrum für Herzrhythmusstörungen Ludwigshafen, Bremserstr 79, 67063, Ludwigshafen, Deutschland
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 21:96-101. 2010..However, the patient needs to be involved, which emphasizes the importance of dialogue between the patient and physician...
- Catheter ablation of chronic atrial fibrillation with noncontact mapping: are continuous linear lesions associated with ablation success?Karlheinz Seidl
Department of Clinical Electrophysiology, Division of Cardiology, Heart Center Ludwigshafen, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:534-43. 2003..NCM identifies discontinuities in lines of ablation. Successful ablation of chronic AF is associated with continuity of linear lesions and good clinical technique demands a vigilant search for and closure of every gap...
- Noncontact mapping of ectopic atrial tachycardias: different characteristics of isopotential maps and unipolar electrogramKarlheinz Seidl
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Cardiology Bremserstr 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:16-25. 2003..Ablation success is associated with the characteristics of isopotential maps and unipolar electrogram morphologies. The overall success rate was 92%...
- Usefulness of a non-invasive scoring system in predicting the outcome of electrophysiologic studies in non-invasively unexplained syncopeK Seidl
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Kardiologie, Bremserstr 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:147-54. 2003..However, it is invasive with possible procedure-related complications. Therefore, it would be helpful to identify patients in whom an electrophysiologic study is useful for diagnosis of syncope...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with chronic heart failure: pathophysiology and current experienceKarlheinz Seidl
Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 2:219-26. 2002..CRT significantly improved symptoms, exercise tolerance and QOL in most patients. However, further studies are needed to assess long-term clinical effects and prognosis, as well as economic benefit of this therapeutic approach...
- Embolic events in patients with atrial fibrillation and effective anticoagulation: value of transesophageal echocardiography to guide direct-current cardioversion. Final results of the Ludwigshafen Observational Cardioversion StudyKarlheinz Seidl
Department of Cardiology, Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Ludwigshafen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1436-42. 2002....
- Cardioversion related thromboembolism: value of transesophageal echocardiography to guide cardioversion in patients with atrial fibrillationKarlheinz Seidl
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Card Electrophysiol Rev 7:392-6. 2003....
- [Commentary on the guidelines the diagnosis and the therapy of syncope--the European Society of Cardiology 2001 and the update 2004]K Seidl
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Medizinische Klinik B Kardiologie, Pneumologie, Angiologie, Bremserstr 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Z Kardiol 94:592-612. 2005
- Geographic differences in implantable cardioverter defibrillator usageKarlheinz Seidl
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Cardiology, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:S100-5. 2002..This low acceptance may not be entirely related to budget constraint but also to the perceived efficacy of ICDs by physicians and health authorities...
- Two year follow-up in 643 patients with non-invasively unexplained syncope and therapy guided by electrophysiologic studyK Seidl
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Kardiologie, Bremserstr 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:852-61. 2003..Although it has become standard practice to perform electrophysiologic studies in patients with unexplained syncope, limited information exists on prognosis after therapy guided by electrophysiologic studies...
- Prehospital cardiac arrest: a marker for higher mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction and moderately reduced left ventricular function: results from the MITRA plus registryMargit Strauss
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Bremserstrasse 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 97:748-52. 2008..Primary objective of our study was to evaluate the prognostic significance of cardiac arrest within the acute phase of myocardial infarction in patients with moderately reduced left ventricular function...
- Long-term prognosis after cardioversion of the first episode of symptomatic atrial fibrillation: a condition believed to be benign revisedTorsten Becker
Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen, Herzzentrum, Bremserstr 79, 67063, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 97:74-82. 2008..We evaluated the prognostic impact of a first episode of symptomatic atrial fibrillation under real life conditions...
- Impact of left ventricular lead position on the incidence of ventricular arrhythmia and clinical outcome in patients with cardiac resynchronization therapyThomas Kleemann
Cardiac Arrhythmia Center at the Heart Center of Ludwigshafen, Bremserstrasse 79, 67063, Ludwigshafen, Germany
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 28:109-16. 2010..The aim of the study was to evaluate the incidence of ventricular arrhythmia and clinical outcome in patients receiving a cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) depending on the left ventricular (LV) lead position...
- Prevalence of left atrial thrombus and dense spontaneous echo contrast in patients with short-term atrial fibrillation < 48 hours undergoing cardioversion: value of transesophageal echocardiography to guide cardioversionThomas Kleemann
Cardiac Arrhythmia Center at the Heart Center of Ludwigshafen, Ludwigshafen, Germany
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:1403-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the value of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)-guided cardioversion (CV) to prevent thromboembolic complications in patients with short-term atrial fibrillation (AF) < 48 hours in duration...
- Reperfusion therapy for acute ST-elevation and non ST-elevation myocardial infarction: what can be achieved in daily clinical practice in unselected patients at an interventional center?Ralf Zahn
Heart Center, Department of Cardiology, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Acute Card Care 11:92-8. 2009..The characterization of AMI patients according to this definition is still incomplete...
- Incidence and clinical impact of right bundle branch block in patients with acute myocardial infarction: ST elevation myocardial infarction versus non-ST elevation myocardial infarctionThomas Kleemann
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Institut für Herzinfarktforschung Ludwigshafen an der Universität Heidelberg, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Am Heart J 156:256-61. 2008..Therefore, the aim of the study was to evaluate the incidence and clinical impact of RBBB in patients with NSTEMI compared to patients with STEMI...
- Laboratory monitoring of heparin and the combination of heparin and the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antibody fragment abciximab (c7E3) in patients undergoing percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)Ralf Zahn
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center Ludwigshafen, Germany
Herz 28:445-52. 2003..It remains unknown whether the ACT-prolonging effect of abciximab is clinically equivalent to a comparable degree of anti-coagulation by heparin...
- Early eptifibatide improves TIMI 3 patency before primary percutaneous coronary intervention for acute ST elevation myocardial infarction: results of the randomized integrilin in acute myocardial infarction (INTAMI) pilot trialUwe Zeymer
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Bremserstrasse 79, D 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Eur Heart J 26:1971-7. 2005..Little is known about the use of eptifibatide in this setting...
- Prevalence and clinical impact of left atrial thrombus and dense spontaneous echo contrast in patients with atrial fibrillation and low CHADS2 scoreThomas Kleemann
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Klinikum Ludwigshafen, Medizinische Klinik B, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:383-8. 2009..To evaluate the prevalence and clinical impact of left atrial (LA) thrombus and dense spontaneous echo contrast (SEC) in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) and low CHADS(2) score undergoing cardioversion...
- Annual rate of transvenous defibrillation lead defects in implantable cardioverter-defibrillators over a period of >10 yearsThomas Kleemann
Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Klinikum Ludwigshafen, Germany
Circulation 115:2474-80. 2007..The aim of the present study was to assess the annual rate of transvenous defibrillation lead defects related to follow-up time after lead implantation...
- Stepped defibrillation waveform is substantially more efficient than the 50/50% tilt biphasicKarlheinz Seidl
Herzzentrum, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Heart Rhythm 3:1406-11. 2006..The stepped waveform has three parts: the first portion is positive with two capacitors in parallel, the second is positive with the capacitors in series, and the last portion is negative, also with the capacitors in series...
- Do statins influence the prognostic impact of non-sustained ventricular tachycardia after ST-elevation myocardial infarction?Herbert Lorenz
Institut für Herzinfarktforschung, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen, Bremserstr 79, D 67063 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Germany
Eur Heart J 26:1078-85. 2005..The study evaluates the effect of statin therapy on the prognostic impact of non-sustained ventricular tachycardia (NSVT) occurring after acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Primary prevention of sudden cardiac death in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: the Cardiomyopathy Trial (CAT)Dietmar Bansch
Department of Cardiology, St Georg Hospital, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 105:1453-8. 2002..Patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and impaired left ventricular ejection fraction have an increased risk of dying suddenly...
- The 1+1 trial: a prospective trial of a dual- versus a single-chamber implantable defibrillator in patients with slow ventricular tachycardiasDietmar Bansch
Department of Cardiology, St Georg Hospital, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 110:1022-9. 2004..We hypothesized that patients with slow VTs (<200 bpm) may benefit from a long TDI and a dual-chamber detection algorithm compared with a conventionally programmed single-chamber ICD...
- Impact of moderate exercise workload on predicted optimal AV and VV delays determined by an intracardiac electrogram-based method for optimizing cardiac resynchronization therapyMargit Strauss
Arrhythmia Center, Heart Center Ludwigshafen, Bremserstr 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:735-41. 2010..Jude Medical), that was shown to produce hemodynamic performance similar to that obtained by echo-guided aortic VTI maximization...
- Comparison between atrial fibrillation-triggered implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) shocks and inappropriate shocks caused by lead failure: different impact on prognosis in clinical practiceThomas Kleemann
Ludwigshafen Department of Cardiology Clinical Electrophysiology, Klinikum Ludwigshafen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:735-40. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate the impact of inappropriate ICD shocks on clinical outcome by comparing ICD shocks triggered by atrial fibrillation (AF) with shocks caused by lead failure...
- Antibiotic therapy after acute myocardial infarction: a prospective randomized studyRalf Zahn
Kardiologie, Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Germany
Circulation 107:1253-9. 2003..We investigated whether treatment with the macrolide antibiotic roxithromycin would reduce mortality or morbidity in patients with an acute myocardial infarction...
- Comparison of efficacy and complication rates after percutaneous coronary interventions in patients with and without renal insufficiency treated with abciximabBirgit Frilling
Heart Center Ludwigshafen, Department of Cardiology, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Am J Cardiol 89:450-2. 2002
- Development of radiation exposure in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation in Germany between 2007 and 2014: great potential to minimize radiation dosageThomas Kleemann
Medizinische Klinik B, Klinikum Ludwigshafen, Bremserstraße 79, 67063, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 105:858-64. 2016..The aim of this study was to analyze the radiation usage in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation (PVI) in Germany and to evaluate the possibility to reduce radiation dose...
- Reduction of ventricular tachyarrhythmia by treatment of atrial fibrillation in ICD patients with dual-chamber implantable cardioverter/defibrillators capable of atrial therapy delivery: the REVERT-AF StudyRainer Gradaus
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Europace 9:534-9. 2007....
- Immediate Risk-Stratification Improves Survival (IRIS): study protocolGerhard Steinbeck
Department of Internal Medicine I, Ludwigs Maximilians University of Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Europace 6:392-9. 2004..To date, the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) has been shown to be effective for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death only in selected groups of patients in the chronic phase after myocardial infarction...
- Safety and efficacy of a dual chamber implantable cardioverter defibrillator capable of slow ventricular tachycardia discrimination: a randomized studyRalph Mletzko
Herz Kreislaufklinik, Bad Bevensen, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:2275-82. 2003....
- Mortality, morbidity, and complications in 3344 patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators: results fron the German ICD Registry EURIDRainer Gradaus
University Hospital Münster Hospital, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1511-8. 2003..When ICDs are used in standard medical care, the 1-year survival rate is high, especially in patients with NYHA Class I and preserved LVEF. However, nearly half of all patients suffer from ICD intervention...
- Do atrial tachyarrhythmias beget ventricular tachyarrhythmias in defibrillator recipients?Kenneth M Stein
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:335-40. 2002....
- Predicting the outcome of patients with unexplained syncope undergoing prolonged monitoringAndrew D Krahn
Division of Cardiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:37-41. 2002..01). The etiology of recurrent syncope is diverse and cannot be predicted by baseline clinical variables. Empiric pacing appears to have little role in the management of this patient population...
- Two-year performance of a preshaped lead for left ventricular stimulationAndreas Schuchert
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1610-4. 2004..8 +/- 7 mV in LV versus 12.8 +/- 4.8 mV in the biventricular configuration at 24 months (NS). Implantation of the S-shaped LV lead for CRT was safe, expeditious, and associated with a high success rate and reliable long-term performance...
- Prevention of inappropriate shocks in ICD recipients: a review of 10,000 tachycardia episodesFrederic Anselme
University Hospital, Rouen, France
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:S128-33. 2007..We report our experience from a meta-analysis of five prospective clinical studies with inclusion phases ranging between 1997 and 2003...