Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Caregiver psychoeducation for schizophrenia: is gender important? Comments on the study by McWilliams et al., 2007Gabriele Pitschel-Walz
Eur Psychiatry 22:479-80. 2007
- Psychoeducation and compliance in the treatment of schizophrenia: results of the Munich Psychosis Information Project StudyGabriele Pitschel-Walz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 67:443-52. 2006..The present study examined whether psychoeducational groups for patients with schizophrenic disorders and for their families can reduce rehospitalization rates and improve compliance...
- Psychoeducation in schizophrenia--results of a survey of all psychiatric institutions in Germany, Austria, and SwitzerlandChristine Rummel-Kluge
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Möhlstrasse 26, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Schizophr Bull 32:765-75. 2006..The aims of this study were to investigate the percentage of patients and family members participating in psychoeducation in the year 2003 and to evaluate how psychoeducation was conducted...
- Peer-to-peer psychoeducation in schizophrenia: a new approachChristine B Rummel
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Center for Disease Management, Technical University Munich, Möhlstrasse 26, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1580-5. 2005..To evaluate the feasibility of the first peer-to-peer psychoeducation program in schizophrenia...
- Psychoeducation in schizophrenia: 7-year follow-up concerning rehospitalization and days in hospital in the Munich Psychosis Information Project StudyJoseph Bäuml
Hospital of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 68:854-61. 2007..Therefore, the long-term effects of psychoeducation over a period of 7 years were investigated in regard to rehospitalization rates and hospital days...
- Environmental risk factors and their impact on the age of onset of schizophrenia: Comparing familial to non-familial schizophreniaMartin Scherr
Department of Psychiatry und Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstraße 22, Munich, Germany
Nord J Psychiatry 66:107-14. 2012..e. a relative with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)...
- Psychoeducation: a basic psychotherapeutic intervention for patients with schizophrenia and their familiesJosef Bäuml
Hospital of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Munich, Ismaninger Strasse 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Schizophr Bull 32:S1-9. 2006..Psychoeducation, in the form of an obligatory-exercise program, should be made available to all patients suffering from a schizophrenic disorder and their families...
- The role of encoding strategies in the verbal memory performance in patients with schizophreniaAnna Gsottschneider
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Neuropsychol 5:56-72. 2011..CONCLUSIONS. Patients with schizophrenia should be taught to use the more effective encoding strategy of semantic clustering in order to improve their memory performance...
- A fast, implementable psychoeducation program for schizophreniaChristine Rummel-Kluge
Clinic and Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Munich, Möhlstrasse 26, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Psychiatr Serv 58:1226. 2007
- Efficacy of Pharmacotherapy and Psychotherapy for Adult Psychiatric Disorders: A Systematic Overview of Meta-analysesMaximilian Huhn
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
JAMA Psychiatry 71:706-15. 2014..Because patients often benefit from both forms of therapy, research should also focus on how both modalities can be best combined to maximize synergy rather than debate the use of one treatment over the other. ..
- ["Family members inform family members" - family members as group moderators for psychoeducational groups in schizophrenia]Christine Rummel
Centrum für Disease Management, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Technischen Universitat Munchen
Psychiatr Prax 32:87-92. 2005..To train interested and capable family members as group moderators of psychoeducational groups for family members in schizophrenia...