Genomes and Genes
Robert A J Oostendorp
Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Generation of murine stromal cell lines: models for the microenvironment of the embryonic mouse aorta-gonads-mesonephros regionRobert A J Oostendorp
The Stem Cell Physiology Laboratory, III, Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University, Munich, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 290:163-72. 2005..These stromal cell clones are valuable tools for the study of the regulation of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in the midgestation mouse embryo...
- Local erythropoietin and endothelial progenitor cells improve regional cardiac function in acute myocardial infarctionAndreas Stein
Deutsches Herzzentrum der Technischen Universität München, Lazarettstr 36, 80636 München, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 10:43. 2010..Aim of this study was to evaluate intramyocardial application of eEPCs and EPO as compared to eEPCs or EPO alone in experimental MI...
- Long-term maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells does not require contact with embryo-derived stromal cells in coculturesRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Stem Cells 23:842-51. 2005..In summary, we show for the first time long-term maintenance of adult bone marrow HSCs in stroma noncontact cultures and identify some secreted molecules that may be involved in this support...
- Oncostatin M-mediated regulation of KIT-ligand-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling maintains hematopoietic repopulating activity of Lin-CD34+CD133+ cord blood cellsRobert A J Oostendorp
Laboratory of Stem Cell Physiology, III Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Stem Cells 26:2164-72. 2008..Our results show that the loss of repopulating activity during KL stimulation is counteracted by OSM through the downregulation of ERK pathway signaling. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Novel markers of mesenchymal stem cells defined by genome-wide gene expression analysis of stromal cells from different sourcesNikolas Kaltz
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Exp Cell Res 316:2609-17. 2010..Our observations may facilitate the study of lineage relationships in MSC as well as facilitate the development of more homogeneous cell populations for mesenchymal cell therapy...
- CD133-enriched CD34(-) (CD33/CD38/CD71)(-) cord blood cells acquire CD34 prior to cell division and hematopoietic activity is exclusively associated with CD34 expressionKatharina S Götze
3rd Department of Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Exp Hematol 35:1408-14. 2007..In conclusion, we demonstrate that CD133-enriched Lin(-)CD34(-) cord blood cells acquire CD34 prior to cell division and that long-term hematopoietic activity is associated exclusively with expression of CD34...
- Embryonal subregion-derived stromal cell lines from novel temperature-sensitive SV40 T antigen transgenic mice support hematopoiesisRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Cell Sci 115:2099-108. 2002..Interestingly, a few of these stromal clones express a recently described chordin-like protein, which is an inhibitor of bone morphogenic proteins and is preferentially expressed in cells of the mesenchymal lineage...
- Loss of Sfrp2 in the Niche Amplifies Stress-Induced Cellular Responses, and Impairs the In Vivo Regeneration of the Hematopoietic Stem Cell PoolFranziska Ruf
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Stem Cells 34:2381-92. 2016..Our experiments support the view that Sfrp2 expression in the niche is required to maintain the HSC pool by limiting stress-induced DNA damage and attenuating canonical Wnt-mediated HSC activation. Stem Cells 2016;34:2381-2392. ..
- Role of secreted factors in the regulation of hematopoietic stem cells by the bone marrow microenvironmentPawandeep Kaur-Bollinger
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 17:876-91. 2012..An understanding of how the niche participates in HSC maintenance and repair through soluble factors can offer new opportunities for the development of novel therapeutic tools against hematological malignancies...
- How the niche regulates hematopoietic stem cellsJonas Renström
III Medizinische Klinik and Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 184:7-15. 2010..Detailed knowledge of the regulatory mechanisms operating between hematopoietic cells and their direct surroundings facilitates the study of how such signaling may be disrupted by environmental exposure...
- Regulation of hematopoiesis by activators and inhibitors of Wnt signaling from the nicheChristina Schreck
III Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1310:32-43. 2014..Thus, insights into the normal and altered functions of niche components will help to obtain a better understanding of normal and malignant hematopoiesis and how environmental factors affect these processes. ..
- Non-invasive tracking of human haemopoietic CD34(+) stem cells in vivo in immunodeficient mice by using magnetic resonance imagingMarkus Niemeyer
Department of Gynaecology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 20:2184-93. 2010..To assess migration of CD34(+) human stem cells to the bone marrow of athymic mice by using magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and Resovist, a contrast agent containing superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO) particles...
- Stromal cell lines from mouse aorta-gonads-mesonephros subregions are potent supporters of hematopoietic stem cell activityRobert A J Oostendorp
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 99:1183-9. 2002..These results strongly suggest that during midgestation, not only the AM but also the UG subregion provides a potent microenvironment for growth and maintenance of the first HSCs...
- Altered adhesive properties of cord blood endothelial outgrowth cells expressing IL-1raPhilipp Fischer
III Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Immunol Cell Biol 88:313-20. 2010..Therefore, icIL-ra transgenic CB-EOCs may prove to be beneficial in the treatment of IL-1beta- and TNFalpha-mediated inflammatory vasculopathies...
- In vivo osteoprogenitor potency of human stromal cells from different tissues does not correlate with expression of POU5F1 or its pseudogenesNikolas Kaltz
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Stem Cells 26:2419-24. 2008..Despite low-level expression of POU5F1, we were unable to precipitate POU5F1 protein in either BM-MSC or UVSC. These results demonstrate that MSC stemness does not correlate to expression of POU5F1 transcripts or its pseudogenes...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 extrinsically regulates cycling activity and maintenance of hematopoietic stem cellsJonas Renström
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Cell Stem Cell 5:157-67. 2009..Our results demonstrate that Sfrp1 is required to maintain HSC homeostasis through extrinsic regulation of beta-catenin...
- Niche WNT5A regulates the actin cytoskeleton during regeneration of hematopoietic stem cellsChristina Schreck
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Exp Med . 2016..Thus, we show that WNT5A in the bone marrow niche is required to regenerate HSCs and leukemic cells with functional ability to rearrange the actin cytoskeleton and engraft successfully...
- Endothelial-like cells expanded from CD34+ blood cells improve left ventricular function after experimental myocardial infarctionIlka Ott
I Department of Medicine, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
FASEB J 19:992-4. 2005..Therefore, in vitro expanded EPC-derived endothelial cells may be beneficial in the treatment of ischemic disease...
- The role of apoptosis in the development of AGM hematopoietic stem cells revealed by Bcl-2 overexpressionClaudia Orelio
Erasmus University Medical Centre, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 103:4084-92. 2004..Most important, our in vivo transplantation data show that Bcl-2 overexpression increases AGM and fetal liver HSC activity, strongly suggesting that apoptosis plays a role in HSC development...
- Efficient hematopoietic differentiation of human embryonic stem cells on stromal cells derived from hematopoietic nichesMaria H Ledran
North East Institute for Stem Cell Research, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Cell Stem Cell 3:85-98. 2008..Overall, our findings represent significant progress toward the goal of deriving functional hematopoietic stem cells from hESCs...
- Platelets induce differentiation of human CD34+ progenitor cells into foam cells and endothelial cellsKarin Daub
Medizinische Klinik III, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
FASEB J 20:2559-61. 2006..The understanding and modulation of these mechanisms may offer new treatment strategies for patients at high risk for atherosclerotic diseases...
- Comparison of iron oxide labeling properties of hematopoietic progenitor cells from umbilical cord blood and from peripheral blood for subsequent in vivo tracking in a xenotransplant mouse model XXXHeike E Daldrup-Link
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, UCSF Medical Center, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Acad Radiol 12:502-10. 2005..To compare and optimize ferumoxides labeling of human hematopoietic progenitor cells from umbilical cord blood and from peripheral blood for subsequent in vivo tracking with a clinical 1.5 T MR scanner...
- Cell tracking with gadophrin-2: a bifunctional contrast agent for MR imaging, optical imaging, and fluorescence microscopyHeike E Daldrup-Link
Department of Radiology, UCSF Medical Center, University of California in San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1312-21. 2004....
- Targeting of hematopoietic progenitor cells with MR contrast agentsHeike E Daldrup-Link
Department of Radiology, Technical University, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Radiology 228:760-7. 2003..To label human hematopoietic progenitor cells with various magnetic resonance (MR) imaging contrast agents and to obtain 1.5-T MR images of them...