Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Effects of scopolamine on matching to sample paradigm and related tests in human subjectsG Koller
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 48:87-94. 2003..Thus, the scopolamine-induced effects in the present study seem to be more relevant to Alzheimer's disease in an advanced phase than to normal aging...
- No association of alcohol dependence with HOMER 1 and 2 genetic variantsU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:1102-9. 2010..In conclusion, our results suggest that single SNPs, respectively, haplotypes of the HOMER 1 and 2 genes are unlikely to play a major role in the pathophysiology of AD...
- Personality disorders in alcohol-dependent individuals: relationship with alcohol dependence severityU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, E 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Eur Addict Res 15:188-95. 2009..The majority of alcohol-dependent individuals had one or more comorbid axis II disorders. Univariate and multivariate analyses indicate that different PDs are related to age at first dinking and alcoholism severity...
- Impulsive traits and 5-HT2A receptor promoter polymorphism in alcohol dependents: possible association but no influence of personality disordersU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 43:186-91. 2001..Alcohol dependents were investigated because these personality disorders and impulsive behavior are very frequent in alcohol dependence anf of clinical relevance...
- Elevated serum levels of S-100B reflect the extent of brain injury in alcohol intoxicated patients after mild head traumaP Biberthaler
Chirurgische Klinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, , , Munich, Germany
Shock 16:97-101. 2001..Alcohol intoxication did not elevate S-100B levels in group 3 or 4 subjects. Our data indicate for the first time that alcohol intoxication does not influence the diagnostic value of S-100B measurements in patients after MHT...
- Citalopram neuropharmacological challenge in alcohol-dependent patients and controls: pharmacogenetic, endocrine and psychobehavioral resultsW M Wong
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 41:72-8. 2008..Furthermore we wanted to know whether functional polymorphisms (5-HTTLPR and 5HT2C Ser23Cys), have any influence on this responsivity...