- Saline-irrigated, cooled-tip radiofrequency ablation is an effective technique to perform the maze procedureK Khargi
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Berufsgenossenschaftliche, Kliniken Bergmannnsheil University Hospital Bochum, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 72:S1090-5. 2001..We evaluated the effectiveness of the saline-irrigated-cooled-tip-radiofrequency ablation (SICTRA) to produce linear intraatrial lesions...
- Concomitant anti-arrhythmic surgery, using irrigated cooled-tip radiofrequency ablation, to treat permanent atrial fibrillation in CABG patients: expansion of the indication?Krishna Khargi
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil University Hospital Bochum, Buerkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:1018-24. 2004..The effectiveness of a concomitant anti-arrhythmic surgical procedure in coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) patients with permanent atrial fibrillation (AF) was evaluated...
- [Intraoperative cooled-tip radiofrequency ablation in patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing open heart surgery]B Lemke
Klinik für Kardiologie und Angiologie, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:1008-17. 2003..Postoperative complications and conversions to sinus rhythm were followed up (mean follow-up duration 17+/-14 months)...
- Repair of a postinfarct ventricular septal defect on the beating heart. Surgical considerationsD Reber
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 43:465-6. 2002..We conclude that postinfarction VSD can be repaired on cardiopulmonary bypass avoiding cross-clamping. This method is helpful for the outcome as well as for the early postoperative recovery of elderly patients...
- Catheter ablation of regular atrial arrhythmia following surgical treatment of permanent atrial fibrillationThomas Deneke
BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, University of Bochum, Medical Clinic II Cardiology, Bochum, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:18-24. 2006..Ablation of Atrial Tachycardia after Antiatrial Fibrillation Surgery...
- Histopathology of intraoperatively induced linear radiofrequency ablation lesions in patients with chronic atrial fibrillationThomas Deneke
Medical Clinic II Cardiology and Angiology, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Eur Heart J 26:1797-803. 2005..Radiofrequency (RF) energy has been extensively used in ablation of arrhythmia but so far no analysis of morphological effects in human left atria has been conducted...
- Concomitant anti-arrhythmic procedures to treat permanent atrial fibrillation in CABG and AVR patients are as effective as in mitral valve patientsKrishna Khargi
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Haga Leyenburg Teaching Hospital, Leyweg 275, 2545 CH The Hague, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:841-6. 2005..This study evaluated the sinus rhythm (SR) conversion rate of a concomitant anti-arrhythmia procedure in non-mitral valve surgery compared to mitral valve surgery...
- Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation; a systematic reviewKrishna Khargi
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Haga Leyenburg Hospital, Leyweg 275, 2545 CH The Hague, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:258-65. 2005..4%) and increasingly in combination with non-mitral valve surgery (18.5%). After correction for these variations, the postoperative SR conversion rates for group I and II did not differ significantly anymore (p=0.260)...
- Left atrial versus bi-atrial Maze operation using intraoperatively cooled-tip radiofrequency ablation in patients undergoing open-heart surgery: safety and efficacyThomas Deneke
Department of Cardiology Angiology, Bergmannsheil University Hospital, Bochum, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1644-50. 2002..We sought to determine whether limited left atrial Maze surgery encircling each of the pulmonary veins, using cooled-tip radiofrequency (RF) ablation, is as effective as the bi-atrial approach?..
- Antiarrhythmic surgery to cure atrial fibrillation--subgroups and postoperative managementThomas Deneke
Clinic II Cardiology, Bergmannsheil Bochum, Germany
Card Electrophysiol Rev 7:259-63. 2003..In patients with permanent AF undergoing open heart surgery additional antiarrhythmic procedures have been shown to be safe and effective...
- Esophageal perforation during left atrial radiofrequency ablationAxel Laczkovics
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:2119-20; author reply 2120. 2003
- Intra-operative cooled-tip radiofrequency linear atrial ablation to treat permanent atrial fibrillationThomas Deneke
University Heart Center Bochum, BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Eur Heart J 28:2909-14. 2007..To demonstrate the safety and efficacy of saline irrigated cooled-tip atrial linear endocardial radiofrequency ablation (SICTRA) concomitant to open-heart surgical procedures in the treatment of permanent atrial fibrillation (AF)...