- [Enteroviral myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy]R Kandolf
Abteilung für Molekulare Pathologie, Universitat Tubingen
Med Klin (Munich) 93:215-22. 1998....
- [Acute thrombo-embolic elevated ST infarct in a patient with essential thrombocytosis]C Doesch
Medizinische Klinik III, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Otfried Muller Str 10, 72076, Tubingen, Deutschland
Internist (Berl) 48:1282, 1284-6, 1288-9. 2007..Due to the thrombo-embolic complication and a platelet count over 1 million/microl a cytoreductive treatment with hydroxyurea was initiated...
- [Virus etiology of inflammatory cardiomyopathy]R Kandolf
Abteilung für Molekulare Pathologie, Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:2187-92. 2004....
- High prevalence of cardiac parvovirus B19 infection in patients with isolated left ventricular diastolic dysfunctionC Tschope
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 111:879-86. 2005..The etiology of left ventricular (LV) isolated diastolic dysfunction often remains unclear. In the present study, we report a strong association between parvovirus B19 (PVB19) genomes and isolated LV diastolic dysfunction...
- Hammerhead ribozymes targeted against cyclin E and E2F1 cooperate to down-regulate coronary smooth muscle cell proliferationG Grassi
Department of Molecular Pathology, University Hospital of Tubingen, Liebermeisterstr 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Gene Med 7:1223-34. 2005..Thus, we explored the use of hammerhead ribozymes as tools to knock down cyclin E and E2F1, two potent activators of cell proliferation which cooperate to promote the G1 to S phase transition...
- [Serious clinical course of myocarditis with "apical ballooning": first presentation of pathogenicity of HHV6 subtype A in myocarditis]B Bigalke
Medizinische Klinik III, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen
Internist (Berl) 46:1259-64. 2005..This case presents for the first time the cross-link of myocarditis with HHV6A infection and the appearance of "apical ballooning"...
- [Parvovirus B19 myocarditis in a young man with previous non-bacterial meningitis]S Dux
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1584-8. 2002..A 22-year old man presented with fatigue, dyspnea NYHA III and presyncopes that had persisted since a non-bacterial meningitis 3 months before...
- Detection and typing of human papillomavirus by e6 nested multiplex PCRK Sotlar
Institute of Pathology, University of Tubingen, Liebermeisterstrasse 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 42:3176-84. 2004..9% (124 of 259) of the patients. In conclusion, the novel NMPCR method is a sensitive and useful tool for HPV DNA detection, especially when exact HPV genotyping and the identification of multiple HPV infections are required...
- Selection and characterization of active hammerhead ribozymes targeted against cyclin E and E2F1 full-length mRNAG Grassi
Department of Molecular Pathology, University Hospital of Tubingen, Germany
Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev 11:271-87. 2001..In addition, we show that the most active ribozyme selected in vitro reduces specifically and significantly (p < 0.0028) proliferation of cultured human vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC)...
- Fatal myocarditis associated with acute parvovirus B19 and human herpesvirus 6 coinfectionJ Rohayem
, , , 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 39:4585-7. 2001..We suggest that the HHV-6-induced immunosuppression enhanced dissemination of parvovirus B19, which led to fatal myocarditis...
- Human parvovirus B19: a new emerging pathogen of inflammatory cardiomyopathyC T Bock
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 52:340-3. 2005....
- [Recurrent transient ischaemic attacks in a patient with pansinusitis]C S Zürn
Medizinische Klinik III, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Tubingen
Internist (Berl) 47:1165-71. 2006..The cardiac biopsy demonstrated the findings of Loeffler's endocarditis. In conclusion the diagnosis of hypereosinophilic syndrome was made and identified as the cause of the neurological deficits...
- Simplified detection of microsatellite instability in colorectal cancer without the need for corresponding germline DNA analysisM Ebinger
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Pathol 59:1114-5. 2006..Thus, the use of the five mononucleotide repeats in combination with the modified assessment technique simplifies the assessment of MSI, while retaining the sensitivity of the Bethesda panel for the detection of high-frequency MSI...
- Therapeutic potential of hammerhead ribozymes in the treatment of hyper-proliferative diseasesG Grassi
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Trieste, Cattinara 34149, Trieste, Italy
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 5:369-86. 2004..Although some aspects of hammerhead ribozymes as therapeutics can and should be optimized, the encouraging results displayed so far fully justifies further efforts, economic and scientific, to bring them closer to the clinical practice...
- Sudden cardiac death in a 5-year-old girl associated with parvovirus B19 infectionF Zack
Institute of Legal Medicine, Rostock University, St Georg Strasse 108, D 18055 Rostock, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 155:13-7. 2005..The child also had lymphocytic conjunctivis, parotitis and tracheitis. Evaluation of infections by means of nested polymerase chain reaction revealed parvovirus B19 DNA (PVB19) in tissue samples of the trachea...
- Enterovirus infection in human pancreatic islet cells, islet tropism in vivo and receptor involvement in cultured islet beta cellsP Ylipaasto
Enterovirus Laboratory, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 47:225-39. 2004..We sought evidence for this through autopsy studies and by investigating known enterovirus receptors in cultured human islets...
- Myocarditis--cardiomyopathy. Consensus Report of the German Association for Internal Medicine, presented at the 100th annual meeting, Wiesbaden, 13 April 1994B E Strauer
Medical Clinic and Policlinic B, , Germany
Acta Cardiol 51:347-71. 1996....
- Lympho-monocytic enteroviral myocarditis: traditional, immunohistological and molecularpathological methods for diagnosis in a case of suspected sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)R Dettmeyer
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Bonn, Stiftsplatz 12, D-53111, Bonn, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 119:141-4. 2001....
- [Epstein-Barr virus-associated pericarditis]S Lentini
, , und
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 126:1043-6. 2001..In addition, the importance of molecular tests for diagnostic accuracy is highlighted...
- Comparative analysis of two coxsackievirus B3 strains: putative influence of virus-receptor interactions on pathogenesisH C Selinka
Department of Molecular Pathology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Med Virol 67:224-33. 2002..Together these data suggest that even small differences in virus-receptor interactions, influencing virus binding and virus spread, may have an impact on the pathogenesis of CVB-induced diseases...
- [The Lyme carditis as a rare differential diagnosis to an anterior myocardial infarction]S Dernedde
Kardiologische Klinik, Herzzentrum Nordrhein Westfalen Ruhr Universität Bochum, GeorgStr 11, 32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:1053-60. 2002..However, case history and the erythema migrans indicated an acute Lyme carditis which was confirmed serologically and by myocardial biopsy later...
- Inhibitors of DNA methylation and histone deacetylation activate cytomegalovirus promoter-controlled reporter gene expression in human glioblastoma cell line U87G Grassi
Department of Molecular Pathology, University Hospital of Tubingen, Liebermeisterstrasse 8, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Carcinogenesis 24:1625-35. 2003..In conclusion, our cellular system should represent a powerful tool to investigate the complex mechanisms regulating gene silencing and to identify new anticancer drugs...
- [Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy - diagnosis in childhood]T Kriebel
Abteilung Kinderheilkunde III Pädiatrische Kardiologie und Pädiatrische Intensivmedizin Medizinische Hochschule Hannover Carl Neuberg Strasse 1 30625 Hannover, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:418-24. 2003..Biopsies of the right ventricular myocardium showed fibrosis with deposition of fatty tissue. There was clear evidence of ARVD/C in the necropsy of the patient's aunt. Therapy with propanolol was started in this patient...
- [Isolated myocardial noncompaction in childhood-case report and review of the literature]G Binz
Olgahospital Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Universität Tübingen, Bismarckstr 8, 70176 Stuttgart, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:1039-44. 2003....
- An atypical variant of Fabry's disease with manifestations confined to the myocardiumW von Scheidt
Medizinische Klinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Klinikum Grosshadern
N Engl J Med 324:395-9. 1991