- Contrast-driven approach to intracranial segmentation using a combination of T2- and T1-weighted 3D MRI data setsGunther Helms
MR Forschung, Bereich Humanmedizin, Universitat Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:790-5. 2006..To develop a strategy for structural brain imaging when using FSL software for segmentation and subsequent volumetry...
- Abnormalities in the normal appearing white matter of the cerebral hemisphere contralateral to a malignant brain tumor detected by diffusion tensor imagingKai Kallenberg
Dr Kai Kallenberg, Institut für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Neuroradiologie, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Postfach, 37099 Gottingen, Germany, E mail
Folia Neuropathol 52:226-33. 2014..In early stages, diffuse interneural infiltration with changes of the apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) and fractional anisotropy (FA) is hypothesized...
- Glioma infiltration of the corpus callosum: early signs detected by DTIK Kallenberg
Neuroradiology, Universitatsmedizin, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37099, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurooncol 112:217-22. 2013..978 × 10(-3) mm²/s, p < 0.05; rFA: 72 %, p < 0.01). Changes in diffusivity and anisotropy in the CC can be interpreted as an indicator of tumor spread into the contralateral hemisphere not visible on conventional MRI...
- Untreated glioblastoma multiforme: increased myo-inositol and glutamine levels in the contralateral cerebral hemisphere at proton MR spectroscopyKai Kallenberg
MR Research in Neurology and Psychiatry, Department of Neuroradiology, Universitymedicine, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37099 Gottingen, Germany
Radiology 253:805-12. 2009....
- Magnetic resonance imaging evidence of cytotoxic cerebral edema in acute mountain sicknessKai Kallenberg
Department of Neuroradiology, Georg August University Medical Centre, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1064-71. 2007..5% of total brain volume...
- No advantage of time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography at 3 Tesla compared to 1.5 Tesla in the follow-up after endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysmsJan Hendrik Buhk
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Goettingen, Germany
Neuroradiology 50:855-61. 2008..Most centers perform one digital subtraction angiography (DSA) on follow-up continuing with time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography (TOF-MRA). This study explores the diagnostic value of TOF-MRA at 1.5 T versus 3 T compared to DSA...
- Clinical features and diagnosis of the MM2 cortical subtype of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseAnna Krasnianski
Department of Neurology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Arch Neurol 63:876-80. 2006..To describe clinical features and diagnostic tests of the MM2 cortical subtype in sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease...
- Clinical findings and diagnosis in genetic prion diseases in GermanyAnna Krasnianski
Department of Neurology, National Reference Center for TSE Surveillance, University Medical School, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Epidemiol 31:187-96. 2016..Frequency of clinical symptoms and signs was similar in different mutations in a later disease course, but the sequence of occurrence may be of great diagnostic importance. CSF markers were shown to be more sensitive than MRI and EEG...
- Hemosiderin deposition in the brain as footprint of high-altitude cerebral edemaKai Schommer
From the Department of Internal Medicine, Division VII Sports Medicine K S, P B, and Department of Neurology, Division of Neuroradiology K L, University Hospital, Heidelberg and Neuroradiology K K, M K, University Medicine, Gottingen, Germany
Neurology 81:1776-9. 2013....
- Fluorescence-guided operation in recurrent glioblastoma multiforme treated with bevacizumab-fluorescence of the noncontrast enhancing tumor tissue?Dorothee Wachter
Neurochirurgie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg 73:401-6. 2012..Attempting to give some answers, we report the case of a patient who underwent fluorescence-guided reoperation of recurrent glioblastoma multiforme pretreated with bevacizumab...
- Evaluation of angiographic computed tomography in the follow-up after endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms--a comparative study with DSA and TOF-MRAJan Hendrik Buhk
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Goettingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:430-6. 2009..85, p<0.001, respectively). In selected patients ACT can add valuable diagnostic information to DSA. TOF-MRA remains a highly sensitive method for aneurysm follow-up...
- Microhemorrhages in nonfatal high-altitude cerebral edemaKai Kallenberg
Department of Neuroradiology, University Medical Center, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1635-42. 2008..In summary, hemosiderin deposits detectable by MRI predominantly in the corpus callosum indicate that microhemorrhages occur in nonlethal HACE, which may serve as a novel diagnostic MRI sign for HACE even many months after the event...
- Alberta Stroke Program Early CT Scale evaluation of multimodal computed tomography in predicting clinical outcomes of stroke patients treated with aspiration thrombectomyMarios Nikos Psychogios
Department of Neuroradiology, University Medicine Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Stroke 44:2188-93. 2013..In this study, we evaluated CT images and perfusion parameters, analyzed with ASPECTS, as final outcome predictors after endovascular stroke treatment...
- Brain biopsy in patients with suspected Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseUta Heinemann
Department of Neurology, National Reference Centre for Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:735-41. 2008..Special subtypes are known to present with an atypical course and test findings that can complicate the clinical diagnosis. In such patients a brain biopsy can support the clinical approach...
- Perisylvian polymicrogyria in Landau-Kleffner syndromePeter Huppke
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Neurology 64:1660. 2005
- High-resolution maps of magnetization transfer with inherent correction for RF inhomogeneity and T1 relaxation obtained from 3D FLASH MRIGunther Helms
MR Forschung in der Neurologie und Psychiatrie, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Magn Reson Med 60:1396-407. 2008..It is inherently compensated for inhomogeneities of receive and transmit RF fields. The MT saturation appeared to be a sensitive parameter to depict MS lesions and alterations of normal-appearing white matter...
- Contrast-enhanced shunt series ("shuntography") compare favorably to other shunt imaging modalities in detecting shunt occlusionKajetan L von Eckardstein
Departments of Neurosurgery, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37070, Gottingen, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) . 2016..k.a. a "shuntogram" or "shuntography"). We hypothesized that contrast-enhanced shunt series have a high predictive value for shunt revision surgeries...
- Diagnosing flow residuals in coiled cerebral aneurysms by MR angiography: meta-analysisJan Menke
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075, Goettingen, Germany
J Neurol 261:655-62. 2014..05). In conclusion, in coiled cerebral aneurysms MRA with application of the threefold Roy classification is well suited for detecting or excluding sac residuals that might require retreatment...
- The Pattern of Brain Microhemorrhages After Severe Lung Failure Resembles the One Seen in High-Altitude Cerebral EdemaSebastian Riech
1Department of Anesthesiology, Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany 2Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany 3Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Crit Care Med 43:e386-9. 2015..After suffering from severe acute respiratory distress syndrome, several patients show generalized brain alterations and atrophy. A distinctive morphologic pattern of cerebral injury, however, has not been found so far...
- Spongiform encephalopathy in siblings with no evidence of protease-resistant prion protein or a mutation in the prion protein geneDaniela Varges
National Reference Center for TSE Surveillance, Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Neurol 260:1871-9. 2013..While the disease aetiology remains unclear, the findings point to a neurodegenerative process and most likely a genetic disease...
- Robot-assisted image-guided transcranial magnetic stimulation for somatotopic mapping of the motor cortex: a clinical pilot studySven Rainer Kantelhardt
Department of Neurosurgery, Georg August University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:333-43. 2010..In this study, we have used robot-assisted image-guided transcranial magnetic stimulation (Ri-TMS) to elicit MEP response recorded for individual muscles and reconstruct functional motor maps of the primary motor cortex...
- Clinical course in young patients with sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseConstanze Boesenberg
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik der Georg August Universität Göttingen, Gottingen, Germany
Ann Neurol 58:533-43. 2005....
- Female gender predisposes for cerebrospinal fluid overdrainage in ventriculoperitoneal shuntingNaïma Diesner
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 158:1273-8. 2016..We performed a retrospective analysis of hydrocephalic patients who were successfully treated with VPS which included one or more GV...
- Endovascular stroke therapy with the Aperio thrombectomy deviceKai Kallenberg
Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurointerv Surg 8:834-9. 2016..The Aperio thrombectomy device showed promising results in an experimental study. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the device clinically...
- Clinical findings and diagnostic tests in the MV2 subtype of sporadic CJDAnna Krasnianski
Department of Neurology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Brain 129:2288-96. 2006..However, distinct sensory symptoms and young age at onset, which are often found in the latter, are not common in the MV2 subtype, and the pulvinar sign was observed in only one case...
- Comparison of perfusion computed tomography and computed tomography angiography source images with perfusion-weighted imaging and diffusion-weighted imaging in patients with acute stroke of less than 6 hours' durationPeter Schramm
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Heidelberg Medical School, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke 35:1652-8. 2004....
- MRI in the diagnosis of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: a study on inter-observer agreementHenriette J Tschampa
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Brain 128:2026-33. 2005..We conclude that the detection of hyperintense basal ganglia in MRI helps to improve the clinical diagnosis, and therefore, we propose to incorporate MRI in the diagnostic criteria for sCJD...
- Free radical-mediated damage to barrier function is not associated with altered brain morphology in high-altitude headacheDamian M Bailey
Department of Physiology, University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:99-111. 2006..These findings suggest that free-radical-mediated vasogenic edema is not an important pathophysiological event that contributes to the mild brain swelling observed in HAH...