Matthias J Kaiser
- The nutritional pattern of frailty - Proceedings from the 5th Italian Congress of Endocrinology of Aging, Parma, Italy, 27-28 March 2009M J Kaiser
Institute for Biomedicine of Aging, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 90419 Nuremberg, Germany
Aging Male 12:87-94. 2009..This review summarizes the recent literature on the nutritional pathways to frailty with particular focus on the effect of energy, protein and micronutrients...
- Frequency of malnutrition in older adults: a multinational perspective using the mini nutritional assessmentMatthias J Kaiser
Institute for Biomedicine of Aging, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1734-8. 2010..To provide pooled data on the prevalence of malnutrition in elderly people as evaluated using the Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA)...
- Prospective validation of the modified mini nutritional assessment short-forms in the community, nursing home, and rehabilitation settingMatthias J Kaiser
Institute for Biomedicine of Aging, Friedrich Alexander University, Nuremberg, Germany
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:2124-8. 2011..To validate the modified Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) short-forms (MNA-SFs) with respect to agreement with full MNA classification in the target populations of the MNA...
- Dietary quality is related to frailty in community-dwelling older adultsJulia Bollwein
Institute for Biomedicine of Aging, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Heimerichstrasse 58, 90419 Nurnberg, Germany
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:483-9. 2013..Besides hormonal and inflammatory processes, nutritional influences may be of major relevance. In this cross-sectional study, the association between dietary quality and frailty was investigated...
- Evaluation of nutritional status in older persons: nutritional screening and assessmentJuergen M Bauer
Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Nuremberg, Germany
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 13:8-13. 2010..Malnutrition is highly prevalent in the older population. It is associated with declining functionality and relevant health deficits. This review presents the principles of successful nutritional screening and assessment in older persons...