Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
- Differentiation between attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorder by the social communication questionnaireChristina Schwenck
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord 6:221-9. 2014..Taken together, the SCQ can be recommended as a screening instrument for a first differentiation between children with ASD and typically developing children as well as children with ADHD. ..
- Emotion recognition in girls with conduct problemsChristina Schwenck
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Goethe University, Deutschordenstraße 50, Frankfurt a M, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 23:13-22. 2014..Results need to be replicated with comparable tasks, which might result in subgroup-specific therapeutic recommendations...
- Emotion recognition in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Christina Schwenck
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Goethe University, Frankfurt M, Germany
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord 5:295-302. 2013..Thus, we suggest that ADHD per se is not associated with deficits in emotion recognition. ..
- Empathy in children with autism and conduct disorder: group-specific profiles and developmental aspectsChristina Schwenck
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Goethe University Frankfurt M, Deutschordenstraße 50, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:651-9. 2012..The aim of the current study was to compare cognitive and emotional empathy in different age groups of children with ASD, CD with elevated or low callous-unemotional-traits (CU+ vs. CU-) and a matched control group (CG)...
- [Cognitive and emotional empathy in children with ADHD and conduct disorder]Christina Schwenck
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt a Main
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 39:265-76. 2011..This study assesses the cognitive and emotional empathic competence in groups of children and adolescents with psychiatric disorders compared to a nonclinical control group. Subjective and objective diagnostic measures were employed...
- Altered peripheral BDNF mRNA expression and BDNF protein concentrations in blood of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorderRegina Taurines
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Fuechsleinstraße 15, 97080, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 121:1117-28. 2014..Further studies may eventually contribute to the identification of distinct peripheral mRNA expression and protein concentration patterns possibly supporting diagnostic and therapeutic processes...
- Empirically Determined, Psychopathological Subtypes in Children With ADHDYvonne Zenglein
Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Atten Disord 20:96-107. 2016..The aim of this study was to empirically determine subgroups of ADHD defined by specific patterns of psychopathology...
- ADHD and autism: differential diagnosis or overlapping traits? A selective reviewRegina Taurines
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Wurzburg University, Wurzburg, Germany
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord 4:115-39. 2012..In addition, selective brain imaging findings are reported. Therapeutic options are summarized, and new approaches are discussed. The review concludes with a prospectus on open questions for research and clinical practice...
- Altered mRNA expression of monoaminergic candidate genes in the blood of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorderRegina Taurines
Hospital of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:104-8. 2011....