- Hotline update of clinical trials and registries presented at the American College of Cardiology Congress 2010: ACCORD, INVEST, NAVIGATOR, RACE II, SORT OUT III, CSP-474, DOSE, ASPIRE and moreC Jacobshagen
Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Herzzentrum, Abt Kardiologie und Pneumologie, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:337-44. 2010....
- Effects of mild hypothermia on hemodynamics in cardiac arrest survivors and isolated failing human myocardiumClaudius Jacobshagen
Department of Cardiology und Pneumology, Heart Center, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:267-76. 2010..Mechanistically, we demonstrate that hypothermia improves contractility in failing human myocardium most likely by increasing Ca(2+)-sensitivity...
- Effects of large volume, ice-cold intravenous fluid infusion on respiratory function in cardiac arrest survivorsClaudius Jacobshagen
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Resuscitation 80:1223-8. 2009..A larger, randomized and prospective study is required to assess the efficacy and safety of ice-cold fluid infusion for the induction of therapeutic hypothermia...
- Celecoxib modulates hypertrophic signalling and prevents load-induced cardiac dysfunctionClaudius Jacobshagen
Department of Cardiology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 10:334-42. 2008..It reduces load-induced LV dilation, contractile dysfunction and mortality in vivo. This may have clinical implications for the prevention and treatment of maladaptive hypertrophy and its progression to HF in humans...
- Age-dependent changes in contractile function and passive elastic properties of myocardium from mice lacking muscle LIM protein (MLP)Bernhard Unsöld
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 14:430-7. 2012..Muscle LIM protein (MLP) null mice are often used as a model for human dilated cardiomyopathy. So far, little is known about the time course and pathomechanisms leading to the development of the adult phenotype...
- Negative hemodynamic effects of pantoprazole at high infusion rates in miceBernhard Unsöld
Clinic for Cardiology and Pneumology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Ther 33:20-6. 2015..Pantoprazole has been shown to exert a negative inotropic effect in isolated myocardium. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the hemodynamic effects of pantoprazole in vivo in healthy myocardium and in the setting of heart failure...
- Diastolic dysfunction and arrhythmias caused by overexpression of CaMKIIδ(C) can be reversed by inhibition of late Na(+) currentSamuel Sossalla
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology Heart Center, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 106:263-72. 2011..Thus, late I(Na) inhibition appears to be a promising option for diastolic dysfunction and arrhythmias in HF where CaMKII is found to be increased...
- Inhibition of PI3K improves contractility in alpha1-adrenergically stimulated myocardiumClaudius Jacobshagen
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Heart Center, Georg August University Goettingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Front Biosci 13:6841-9. 2008..This may have clinical implications for the treatment of decreased cardiac function in acute heart failure...
- Proteome changes in CaMKIIδC-overexpressing cardiac myocytesPeter Schott
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Heart Center, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Cardiovasc Pathol 19:e241-50. 2010..These altered proteins may act individually as contributors to heart failure, which is observed after overexpression of CaMKIIδ(C) in genetically altered mice...
- Enhanced expression of DYRK1A in cardiomyocytes inhibits acute NFAT activation but does not prevent hypertrophy in vivoCornelia Grebe
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, Georg August University, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 90:521-8. 2011..The hypothesis tested in this study was that DYRK1A prevents calcineurin/NFAT-mediated cardiac hypertrophy in vivo...
- Feasibility and outcomes of interventional treatment for vascular access site complications following transfemoral aortic valve implantationTim Seidler
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Georg August University, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol . 2016....
- The risk-to-benefit ratio of transcatheter aortic valve implantation in specific patient cohorts: a single-centre experienceMiriam Puls
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Georg August University of Goettingen, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 101:553-63. 2012..However, information on the identification of patients gaining most benefit from this procedure is still limited. The aim of this study was to evaluate safety and efficacy of TAVI in different patient cohorts...
- Impact of frailty on short- and long-term morbidity and mortality after transcatheter aortic valve implantation: risk assessment by Katz Index of activities of daily livingMiriam Puls
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Centre Göttingen, Gottingen, Germany
EuroIntervention 10:609-19. 2014..Therefore, we aimed to determine the impact of frailty measured by the Katz Index of activities of daily living (ADL) on short- and long-term mortality after TAVI...
- Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II regulates cardiac Na+ channelsStefan Wagner
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Clin Invest 116:3127-38. 2006..In mice, enhanced CaMKIIdelta(C) activity predisposed to VT. Thus, CaMKII-dependent regulation of Na(+) channel function may contribute to arrhythmogenesis in HF...
- Accuracy of 64-multidetector computed tomography coronary angiography in patients with symptomatic atrial fibrillation prior to pulmonary vein isolationChristian Sohns
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Heart Center, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 13:263-70. 2012....
- Predictors of High Post-Procedural Gradients after Catheter-Based Aortic Valve Implantation Using Direct Flow Medical BioprosthesesFrauke S Czepluch
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonary Medicine, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Heart Valve Dis 25:281-288. 2016..The study aim was to investigate procedural and post-implant valve data in patients receiving differently sized DFM bioprostheses...
- RAnoLazIne for the treatment of diastolic heart failure in patients with preserved ejection fraction: the RALI-DHF proof-of-concept studyLars S Maier
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany Electronic address
JACC Heart Fail 1:115-22. 2013..This study investigated whether inhibiting late Na(+) current by using ranolazine improved diastolic function in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF)...
- Visualization of transcoronary ablation of septal hypertrophy in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: a comparison between cardiac MRI, invasive measurements and echocardiographyChristian Sohns
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology Heart Center, Georg August University Goettingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Goettingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:359-68. 2010..The aim of this study was to visualize the feasibility, success and short-term results of TASH on the basis of cardiac MRI (CMR) in comparison with cardiac catheterization and echocardiography...
- Ranolazine for the treatment of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: background, aims, and design of the RALI-DHF studyClaudius Jacobshagen
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Cardiol 34:426-32. 2011..So far, there has been no specific treatment for impaired left ventricular (LV) relaxation. Data from in vitro and animal studies indicate that ranolazine improves diastolic function by inhibiting the late sodium current...
- Reduction in treatment times through formalized data feedback: results from a prospective multicenter study of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionKarl Heinrich Scholz
Department of Cardiology, St Bernward Hospital, Hildesheim, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 5:848-57. 2012..This study sought to evaluate the effect of systematic data analysis and standardized feedback on treatment times and outcome in a prospective multicenter trial...