Affiliation: Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology
- Congenital CD59 DeficiencyBritta Höchsmann
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, German Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, Baden Württemberg Hessen, University Hospital of Ulm, Helmholtzstraße 10, Ulm 89081, Germany Electronic address
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 29:495-507. 2015..The easy diagnostic approach by flow cytometry and the advent of a new treatment option should increase the awareness of this rare differential diagnosis and lead to further studies on their pathophysiology. ..
- Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria treatment with eculizumab is associated with a positive direct antiglobulin testB Höchsmann
Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, German Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service Baden Wuerttemberg, Hessen, Germany
Vox Sang 102:159-66. 2012..These published clinical trials investigated a highly selected patient population. Therefore, it seems important to study this topic in a general PNH patient population with a longer follow-up...
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH): higher sensitivity and validity in diagnosis and serial monitoring by flow cytometric analysis of reticulocytesBritta Höchsmann
DRK Blood Donor Service, Baden Württemberg Hessia, Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Ann Hematol 90:887-99. 2011..Among the markers in our panel, CD58 and CD59 on reticulocytes, CD24/66b, and eventually FLAER on granulocytes as well as CD14 on monocytes were most effective for flow cytometric diagnosis of GPI deficiency...
- Quality of tumor lysates used for pulsing dendritic cells is influenced by the method used to harvest adherent tumor cellsGloria Isabelle Herzog
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
BMC Res Notes 4:153. 2011..abstract:..
- Automatic interface-controlled apheresis collection of stem/progenitor cells: results from an autologous donor validation trial of a novel stem cell apheresis devicePeter Reinhardt
German Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen and Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 51:1321-30. 2011....
- Eculizumab opens a new era of treatment for paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuriaHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen, Germany
Expert Rev Hematol 2:7-16. 2009..Experience from the pilot study and the Phase III pivotal program of eculizumab in PNH will be summarized and the impact of eculizumab on the future treatment of PNH will be discussed...
- Carboxylated superparamagnetic iron oxide particles label cells intracellularly without transfection agentsVolker Mailänder
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstr 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Imaging Biol 10:138-46. 2008..A steady increase in uptake of nanoparticles was detected with a higher density of carboxyl groups showing the relevance of charged groups as in the case of Resovist. Aggregation of these polymeric nanoparticles was not found...
- Bacterial contamination of platelet concentrates: results of a prospective multicenter study comparing pooled whole blood-derived platelets and apheresis plateletsHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Red Cross Blood Donor Service Baden Württemberg Hessia, and Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 47:644-52. 2007....
- Human mesenchymal stem cells respond to native but not oxidized damage associated molecular pattern molecules from necrotic (tumor) materialRamin Lotfi
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Eur J Immunol 41:2021-8. 2011..Based on our results, oxidizing conditions should be considered for therapeutic approaches that target the tumor microenvironment...
- Leukemic progenitor cells are susceptible to targeting by stimulated cytotoxic T cells against immunogenic leukemia-associated antigensVanessa Schneider
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 137:2083-92. 2015..LAA-specific T cells are able to hamper LSC in immunoassays and in a mouse model, which suggests that immunotherapeutic approaches have the potential to target malignant stem cells...
- Effect of high-dose irradiation on human bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsNatalie Fekete
1 Institut für Klinische Transfusionsmedizin und Immungenetik Ulm, DRK Blutspendedienst Baden Württemberg Hessen, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 21:112-22. 2015..Cells surviving irradiation retained their trilineage differentiation capacity and surface marker profile but changed their cytokine secretion profile and became prematurely senescent. ..
- Fracture Healing Is Delayed in Immunodeficient NOD/scid‑IL2Rγcnull MiceAnna E Rapp
Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
PLoS ONE 11:e0147465. 2016..However, an intact immune system in general is important for successful bone healing, because endochondral ossification is delayed in immunodeficient NOD/scid-IL2Rγcnull mice. ..
- Successful use of eculizumab for treatment of an acute hemolytic reaction after ABO-incompatible red blood cell transfusionChristof Weinstock
Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, German Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen, Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 55:605-10. 2015..Therapeutic inhibition of the complement cascade in case of ABO-incompatible RBC transfusion would be desirable to ameliorate the signs and symptoms and to improve the outcome of the reaction...
- GMP-compliant isolation and expansion of bone marrow-derived MSCs in the closed, automated device quantum cell expansion systemMarkus T Rojewski
Institut fur Transfusionsmedizin, Universitat Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Cell Transplant 22:1981-2000. 2013..Both isolation and expansion are possible using FCS or PL as supplement. Coating of the hollow fibers of the bioreactor is mandatory when loading MSCs. Fibronectin, PL, and human plasma may serve as coating reagents. ..
- mRNA-mediated gene delivery into human progenitor cells promotes highly efficient protein expressionJuliane M Wiehe
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 11:521-30. 2007..It may be useful to transiently manipulate stem cell characteristics and thus combine principles of gene therapy and tissue engineering...
- Eosinophils oxidize damage-associated molecular pattern molecules derived from stressed cellsRamin Lotfi
Institut fur klinische Transfusionsmedizin und Immungenetik Ulm, Institut fur Transfusionsmedizin Universitat Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Immunol 183:5023-31. 2009..Novel therapeutic strategies may be considered by advancing oxidative denaturation of released necrotic material using Eos or other aerobic strategies...
- Uptake of functionalized, fluorescent-labeled polymeric particles in different cell lines and stem cellsMyriam Ricarda Lorenz
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstr 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Biomaterials 27:2820-8. 2006..Scanning electron microscopy showed microvilli to be involved in this process...