Affiliation: Humboldt University
- How to perform indexing of extravascular lung water: a validation studyStefan Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Academic Hospital of the Technische Universität München, Germany
Crit Care Med 41:990-8. 2013..Indexing to both predicted and actual body weight have been proposed to compare different individuals and provide a uniform range of normal...
- Drift of the Bowman Hemedex® cerebral blood flow monitor between calibration cyclesStefan Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite University, Berlin, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 114:187-90. 2012..The purpose of our study was to estimate the accuracy of CBF measurements between automatically performed self-calibration cycles at regular intervals...
- Comparison of a new brain tissue oxygenation probe with the established standardStefan Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite University, Berlin, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 114:161-4. 2012..The purpose of the current study was to compare the newly introduced Raumedic p(br)O(2) probe with the established standard...
- [Multimodal neuromonitoring - indications and methodes]Stefan Wolf
Klinik für Neurochirurgie Interdisziplinäre Neurointensivstation der Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 47:40-8; quiz 49. 2012..Besides standard ICP monitoring, a variety of continuous monitoring technologies for bedside use exists. The paper discusses the 5 methods most frequently used and their significance for multimodal neuromonitoring...
- EARLYDRAIN- outcome after early lumbar CSF-drainage in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialJurgen Bardutzky
Charité Center for Stroke Research Berlin CSB, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Trials 12:203. 2011..However, the efficacy of lumbar drainage has not been evaluated prospectively in a randomized controlled trial yet...
- Routine management of volume status after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageStefan Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Campus Virchow, Freie Universitat Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Neurocrit Care 15:275-80. 2011..In contrast, there is evidence for harm using overly aggressive hydration...
- Global end-diastolic volume acquired by transpulmonary thermodilution depends on age and gender in awake and spontaneously breathing patientsStefan Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Technischen Universität München, München 81925, Germany
Crit Care 13:R202. 2009..We investigated the relationship of the global end-diastolic volume (GEDV) acquired by transpulmonary thermodilution with age and gender in awake and spontaneously breathing patients...
- Continuous selective intraarterial infusion of nimodipine for therapy of refractory cerebral vasospasmS Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Neurocrit Care 12:346-51. 2010..As some patients still show ongoing vasospasm thereafter, we report on our experience with an extended time period of selective intraarterial nimodipine administration...
- Open lung ventilation in neurosurgery: an update on brain tissue oxygenationS Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 95:103-5. 2005..0. Brain tissue oxygenation monitoring provides a useful adjunct to estimate the effects of recruitment maneuvers and ventilator settings in neurosurgical patients with acute lung injury...
- Surgery and outcome for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in elderly patientsM O Pinsker
Department of Neurosurgery, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 82:61-4. 2002..The goal was to report treatment results of elderly patients (over 70 years) who underwent clipping of aneurysms after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)...
- Qualitative aspects of cranial CT perfusion scanning in a mixed neurosurgical patient collectiveS Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Technical University of Munich, Englschalkinger Strasse 77, 81925 Munchen, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 102:253-7. 2008..For neurosurgical patients with acute brain injury, the value of CT perfusion is undecided up to now. We present our experience in a series of 78 examinations in 35 patients with acute intracranial pathology...
- Inhaled endothelin A antagonist improves arterial oxygenation in experimental acute lung injuryU Kaisers
Department of Anesthesiology and Operative Intensive Care Medicine, Charite, Medizinische Fakultat, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Intensive Care Med 26:1334-42. 2000..To study the effects of an inhaled endothelin A (ET(A)) receptor antagonist on hemodynamics and pulmonary gas exchange in experimental acute lung injury (ALI)...
- The safety of the open lung approach in neurosurgical patientsS Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Technical University of Munich, Munchen, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 81:99-101. 2002..Careful ICP monitoring provided, there is no reason to withhold this modern ARDS treatment in the neurosurgical intensive care unit...
- Lipofundin-induced intracranial pressure rise after severe traumatic brain injury--a case reportS Wolf
Department of Neurosurgery, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Technical University of Munich, Munich
Zentralbl Neurochir 65:81-3. 2004..Without multimodal monitoring and data storage, the described side effect of Lipofundin in our patient would have been difficult to identify...
- Small dose of exogenous surfactant combined with partial liquid ventilation in experimental acute lung injury: effects on gas exchange, haemodynamics, lung mechanics, and lung pathologyS Wolf
, , Medizinische Fakultaet der Humboldt-Universitaet, Berlin, Germany
Br J Anaesth 87:593-601. 2001....
- Liver transplantation after organ preservation with normothermic extracorporeal perfusionM R Schön
Departments of Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Ann Surg 233:114-23. 2001..To study normothermic extracorporeal liver perfusion (NELP) as a means to preserve livers for transplantation and to reverse warm ischemic injury...
- Detection of enteric viruses and bacterial indicators in German environmental watersD Pusch
Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Arch Virol 150:929-47. 2005....