Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Ion selectivity and competition in channelrhodopsinsFranziska Schneider
Institute of Biology, Experimental Biophysics, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Biophys J 105:91-100. 2013..We demonstrate that for optogenetic applications, one should always take into account that the variable equilibria of the two open states depend on light intensity, voltage, and the ionic composition of the medium...
- Conversion of channelrhodopsin into a light-gated chloride channelJonas Wietek
Institute for Biology, Experimental Biophysics, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, D 10115 Berlin, Germany
Science 344:409-12. 2014..Thus, by inverting the charge of the selectivity filter, we have created a class of directly light-gated anion channels that can be used to block neuronal output in a fully reversible fashion. ..
- Color-tuned channelrhodopsins for multiwavelength optogeneticsMatthias Prigge
Institute of Biology, Experimental Biophysics, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:31804-12. 2012..This novel panel of channelrhodopsin variants may serve as an important toolkit element for dual-color cell stimulation in neural circuits...
- Biophysics of ChannelrhodopsinFranziska Schneider
Experimental Biophysics, Institute of Biology, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Germany email
Annu Rev Biophys 44:167-86. 2015....
- Optogenetic acidification of synaptic vesicles and lysosomesBenjamin R Rost
Neuroscience Research Center, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Nat Neurosci 18:1845-52. 2015..Our subcellular targeting approach can be transferred to other organelles, as demonstrated for a pHoenix variant that allows light-activated acidification of lysosomes. ..