Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Improvement of endothelial damage and regeneration indexes in patients with coronary artery disease after 4 weeks of statin therapyCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Department of Internal Medicine III, Johann W Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Atherosclerosis 211:249-54. 2010..The availability of ezetimibe, a potent novel cholesterol absorption inhibitor, allows to distinguish between lipid-lowering and pleiotropic properties of statins...
- Interferon beta modulates endothelial damage in patients with cardiac persistence of human parvovirus b19 infectionCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Infect Dis 201:936-45. 2010..In a phase 1 study, we investigated whether interferon beta reduced endothelial damage in patients with cardiac persistence of human parvovirus B19 (B19V) infection...
- Quantification of circulating endothelial progenitor cells using the modified ISHAGE protocolCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Internal Medicine III, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13790. 2010..We, therefore developed a novel protocol adapted from the standardised so-called ISHAGE protocol for enumeration of haematopoietic stem cells to enable comparison of clinical and laboratory data...
- Enoxaparin injection for the treatment of high-risk patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromeCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Charité Medical University Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Dept of Cardiology and Pulmology, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:221-8. 2007..We review the studies of enoxaparin and discuss its current role in the contemporary treatment of NSTE-ACS...
- Differential effects of short-term lipid lowering with ezetimibe and statins on endothelial function in patients with CAD: clinical evidence for 'pleiotropic' functions of statin therapyStephan Fichtlscherer
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Cardiology, Johann W Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Eur Heart J 27:1182-90. 2006..The clinical availability of ezetimibe, a potent novel cholesterol absorption inhibitor, enables to differentiate lipid-lowering effects from potential non-lipid-lowering (pleiotropic) mechanisms of statins...
- Reduced number of circulating endothelial progenitor cells predicts future cardiovascular events: proof of concept for the clinical importance of endogenous vascular repairCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Molecular Cardiology, Department of Medicine III, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 111:2981-7. 2005..Circulating EPCs may thus provide an endogenous repair mechanism to counteract ongoing risk factor-induced endothelial injury and to replace dysfunctional endothelium...
- Cardiac migration of endogenous mesenchymal stromal cells in patients with inflammatory cardiomyopathyCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Department of Cardiology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12200 Berlin, Germany Berlin Brandenburg Center of Regenerative Therapies BCRT, 13353 Berlin, Germany Medico Academic Consultings MEDIACC, 14193 Berlin, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2015:308185. 2015..73, P < 0.005). SDF-1α was the strongest predictor for increased MSC in EMB (P < 0.005, multivariate analysis). Conclusions. Endogenous MSC continuously migrate to the heart in patients with CMi triggered by cardiac inflammation. ..
- Specific recruitment of CD4+CD25++ regulatory T cells into the allograft in heart transplant recipientsCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Cardiology, J W Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2425-31. 2007..Recruitment of T(reg) into the cardiac allograft during transcoronary passage may induce graft tolerance during subclinical inflammation potentially influencing allograft vasculopathy...
- Transactivation of human parvovirus B19 gene expression in endothelial cells by adenoviral helper functionsTanja Pozzuto
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Virology 411:50-64. 2011..Thus the almost complete block in B19V gene expression seen in endothelial cells can be abrogated by infection with other viruses...
- Platelet activation and thrombus formation relates to the presence of myocardial inflammation in patients with cardiomyopathyPeter Bobbert
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
J Cardiol 63:379-84. 2014..We performed a clinical study to elucidate the link between myocardial tissue alterations and platelet activation in patients with cardiomyopathy...
- Economic evaluation of enoxaparin for anticoagulation in early cardioversion of persisting nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: a statutory health insurance perspective from GermanyPeter K Schädlich
InForMed GmbH Outcomes Research and Health Economics, Ingolstadt, Germany
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 7:199-217. 2007....
- Quality of anticoagulation with unfractionated heparin plus phenprocoumon for the prevention of thromboembolic complications in cardioversion for non-valvular atrial fibrillation. Sub-analysis from the Anticoagulation in Cardioversion using Enoxaparin (ACCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Molecular Cardiology, JW Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Thromb Res 119:27-34. 2007..We analysed respective data from the ACE trial on the quality of conventional anticoagulation, where most participating centres chose the TEE-guided approach...
- Use of subcutaneous enoxaparin compared to intravenous heparin and oral phenprocoumon in the setting of cardioversion--the ACE study (Anticoagulation in Cardioversion using Enoxaparin)Christoph Stellbrink
Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
Card Electrophysiol Rev 7:382-6. 2003..This article summarizes the study rationale and design. The results will be published shortly...
- Safety and efficacy of enoxaparin compared with unfractionated heparin and oral anticoagulants for prevention of thromboembolic complications in cardioversion of nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: the Anticoagulation in Cardioversion using Enoxaparin (ACE) Christoph Stellbrink
Medizinische Klinik I, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Circulation 109:997-1003. 2004..Low-molecular-weight heparins may reduce the risk of bleeding, may obviate the need for intravenous access, and do not require frequent anticoagulation monitoring...