Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase val158met genotype influences neural processing of reward anticipationKatharina Schmack
Department of Psychiatry, Charite University Medicine, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 42:1631-8. 2008..Current evidence and our results are compatible with an interpretation that construes this effect of COMT genotype on striatal reactivity as a result of a cortico-striatal interaction...
- Delusions and the role of beliefs in perceptual inferenceKatharina Schmack
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 33:13701-12. 2013..In contrast, stronger higher-level predictions that sculpt perception into conformity with beliefs might contribute to the tenacious persistence of delusional beliefs. ..
- Reward feedback alterations in unmedicated schizophrenia patients: relevance for delusionsFlorian Schlagenhauf
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 65:1032-9. 2009..Increased attribution of incentive salience to neutral or aversive stimuli might be associated with dysfunction of neuronal processing of positive and negative reinforcement and contribute to the formation of delusions in schizophrenia...
- Implicit motivational value and salience are processed in distinct areas of orbitofrontal cortexMarcus Rothkirch
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 62:1717-25. 2012....
- Hyporeactivity of ventral striatum towards incentive stimuli in unmedicated depressed patients normalizes after treatment with escitalopramMeline Stoy
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Psychopharmacol 26:677-88. 2012..These findings suggest that MDD patients show ventral striatal hyporesponsiveness during incentive cue processing, which normalizes after successful treatment...
- Ventral striatal activation during reward anticipation correlates with impulsivity in alcoholicsAnne Beck
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 66:734-42. 2009..We explored whether functional brain activation during anticipation of incentive stimuli is associated with impulsiveness in detoxified alcoholics and healthy control subjects...
- The influence of dopamine-related genes on perceptual stabilityKatharina Schmack
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, D 10117, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 38:3378-83. 2013....
- Switching schizophrenia patients from typical neuroleptics to olanzapine: effects on BOLD response during attention and working memoryFlorian Schlagenhauf
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:589-99. 2008..However, medication status had influences on the activation during attentional task (0-back), emphasizing the importance of baseline selection in pharmacological fMRI studies...
- Biased recognition of facial affect in patients with major depressive disorder reflects clinical statePaula Münkler
Visual Perception Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0129863. 2015..happy faces. Taken together, our results indicate that MDD-related perceptual biases in emotion recognition reflect the current clinical state rather than a stable depressive trait. ..
- Attentional modulation of reward processing in the human brainMarcus Rothkirch
Department of Psychiatry, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 35:3036-51. 2014....