Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Effect of mechanical load on articular cartilage collagen structure: a scanning electron-microscopic studyM J Kääb
Charite, Department for Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 167:106-20. 2000..The collagen matrix did show a bulging edge at the border of the meniscus and exhibited remarkable deformation under the meniscus...
- The acute structural changes of loaded articular cartilage following meniscectomy or ACL-transectionM J Kääb
AO ASIF Research Institute, Davos, Switzerland
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 8:464-73. 2000..In this study, the acute effects of these injuries on articular cartilage matrix deformation, preserved in a loaded state using a cryopreservation technique, were studied by scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Coincidence of recurrent arthritis and Behçet's disease following anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionMax J Kääb
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy Services, Clinic for Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Charite Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Arthroscopy 18:E15. 2002....
- Osseous integration of poly-(L-co-D/L-lactide) 70/30 and titanium suture anchors: an experimental study in sheep cancellous boneM J Kääb
AO Research Institute, Davos, Switzerland
Injury 33:B37-42. 2002
- Deformation of chondrocytes in articular cartilage under compressive load: a morphological studyM J Kääb
Charite, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 175:133-9. 2003..Chondrocyte deformation is strongly linked to the deformation of the surrounding cartilage collagen matrix...
- Locked internal fixator: sensitivity of screw/plate stability to the correct insertion angle of the screwM J Kääb
Charite Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
J Orthop Trauma 18:483-7. 2004..This is not always achieved in clinical practice and may result in screw loosening. The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between the stability of the locked screw-plate on the insertion angle of the screw...
- Monopolar radiofrequency treatment of partial-thickness cartilage defects in the sheep knee joint leads to extended cartilage injuryMax J Kääb
Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite, Humboldt University, Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy Service, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Am J Sports Med 33:1472-8. 2005..The application of radiofrequency energy to smooth and stabilize the cartilage surface has become increasingly controversial. There is little knowledge on extended-term effects, such as cartilage viability...
- Stabilisation of periprosthetic fractures with angular stable internal fixation: a report of 13 casesM J Kääb
Center for Musculosceletal Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20, Berlin, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 126:105-10. 2006..The aim of this study was to retrospectively evaluate the outcome of periprosthetic fractures stabilised with an angular stable, less invasive stabilisation system (LISS)...