Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Efficacy of Prophylactic Low-Molecular Weight Heparin for Ambulatory Patients With Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Outcomes From the CONKO-004 TrialUwe Pelzer
Uwe Pelzer, Jens M Stieler, Marianne Sinn, Timm Denecke, Sven Bischoff, Bernd Dörken, and Hanno Riess, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Peter C Reitzig, Hospital Sana Klinikum Lichtenberg, Berlin Bernhard Opitz, Hospital St Elisabeth St Barbara, Halle Gerd Deutschinoff, Allgemeins Krankenhaus, Hagen Martina Stauch, Clinical Center, Kronach Sabine Hahnfeld, Clinical Center, Jena Lothar Müller, Clinical Center, Leer Martina Grunewald, Hospital Aschersleben, Aschersleben and Helmut Oettle, Clinical Center, Friedrichshafen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 33:2028-34. 2015..Enoxaparin, a low-molecular weight heparin, is effective in prevention and treatment of VTEs. Some small studies have indicated that this benefit might extend to patients with cancer...
- Value of carbohydrate antigen 19-9 in predicting response and therapy control in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer undergoing first-line therapyUwe Pelzer
Department of Hematology Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Universitatsmedizin Berlin Charite, Berlin, Germany
Front Oncol 3:155. 2013....
- Blood group determinates incidence for pancreatic cancer in GermanyU Pelzer
Department of Hematology Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Berlin, Germany
Front Physiol 4:118. 2013..001) whereas blood group 0 was less frequent in patients with PC (p < 0.001). Thus, our findings support the results from other non-German surveys. The causal trigger points of this carcinogenesis correlation are still not known...
- Intensified chemotherapy and simultaneous treatment with heparin in outpatients with pancreatic cancer - the CONKO 004 pilot trialUwe Pelzer
Department of Hematology Oncology, CharitéCentrum fur Tumormedizin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin 13353, Germany
BMC Cancer 14:204. 2014..We initiated this safety investigation to get feasibility information on intensified chemotherapy combined with LMWH in outpatients with APC treated in 1st line...
- [Multimodal treatment of pancreatic cancer]U Pelzer
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hamatologie, Onkologie und Tumorimmunologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Deutschland
Internist (Berl) 55:31-6. 2014..Despite progress in the understanding of cancer biology and new treatment options, non-resectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreas remains a disease with a very poor prognosis...
- Second-line therapy in refractory pancreatic cancer. results of a phase II studyUwe Pelzer
Universitatsmedizin Berlin, CharitéCentrum fur Tumormedizin, Medizinische Klinik m S Hamatologie Onkologie, Berlin, Germany
Onkologie 32:99-102. 2009....
- Parenteral nutrition support for patients with pancreatic cancer. Results of a phase II studyUwe Pelzer
Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charité Centrum für Tumormedizin, CONKO Study Group, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
BMC Cancer 10:86. 2010..The positive influence of BIA determinate predictors by additional nutrition is currently under discussion...
- First-line treatment of pancreatic cancer patients with the combination of 5-fluorouracil/folinic acid plus gemcitabine: a multicenter phase II trial by the CONKO-study groupUwe Pelzer
Charité Centrum für Tumormedizin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:1173-8. 2011..The study is based on our completed dose finding phase I trial...
- Rationale and design of PROSPECT-CONKO 004: a prospective, randomized trial of simultaneous pancreatic cancer treatment with enoxaparin and chemotherapy)Hanno Riess
Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Medical Clinic Hematology Oncology, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
BMC Cancer 8:361. 2008..This phase IIb study was designed to analyze the efficacy of enoxaparin in patients with locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer undergoing systemic chemotherapy...
- Best supportive care (BSC) versus oxaliplatin, folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil (OFF) plus BSC in patients for second-line advanced pancreatic cancer: a phase III-study from the German CONKO-study groupUwe Pelzer
Universitatsmedizin Berlin Charite, Centrum für Tumormedizin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cancer 47:1676-81. 2011..We initiated a phase III multicentre study comparing OFF versus best supportive care (BSC) in patients with APC progressing while on gemcitabine therapy...
- Biliary tract cancer: a survey regarding the current oncological daily care practice in GermanyMarianne Sinn
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hämatologie und Onkologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Onkologie 35:755-60. 2012..The results of Valle et al. in 2009 provided, for the first time, an evidence-based palliative treatment for this rare tumor type. So far no data are available in Germany regarding the current daily care practice...
- Does long-term survival in patients with pancreatic cancer really exist? Results from the CONKO-001 studyMarianne Sinn
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Surg Oncol 108:398-402. 2013..The CONKO-001 study, which established gemcitabine after resection as adjuvant therapy, may provide data to answer this question...
- Second-Line Treatment in Pancreatic Cancer Patients: Who Profits?--Results From the CONKO Study GroupMarianne Sinn
From the Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany and Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Pancreas 45:601-5. 2016..With increasing numbers of therapeutic options in inoperable pancreatic cancer (PAC), patients tend to receive more than just a first line (FL) therapy...
- P53 overexpression and Ki67-index are associated with outcome in ductal pancreatic adenocarcinoma with adjuvant gemcitabine treatmentJana K Striefler
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 212:726-34. 2016..They provide prognostic information in patients with adjuvant gemcitabine treatment and may contribute to treatment decision. However, these results should be validated in further studies. ..
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Pancreatic Cancer Improves Overall Outcome of Gemcitabine-Based ChemotherapyMarcus Bahra
From the Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite Campus Virchow, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pancreas 44:930-6. 2015..Data on risk and survival analysis of palliative pancreatic resections followed by gemcitabine-based chemotherapy (Cx) are limited...
- Perioperative treatment options in resectable pancreatic cancer - how to improve long-term survivalMarianne Sinn
Marianne Sinn, Sue Travis, Uwe Pelzer, Hanno Riess, Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
World J Gastrointest Oncol 8:248-57. 2016..Only multidisciplinary approaches including radiology, surgery, medical and radiation oncology as the backbones of the treatment of potentially resectable PDAC may be able to further improve the rate of cure in the future. ..
- Second-line oxaliplatin, folinic acid, and fluorouracil versus folinic acid and fluorouracil alone for gemcitabine-refractory pancreatic cancer: outcomes from the CONKO-003 trialHelmut Oettle
Helmut Oettle, Hanno Riess, Jens M Stieler, Sven Bischoff, Marianne Sinn, Bernd Dörken, and Uwe Pelzer, Charitě Universitätsmedizin Ingo Schwaner, Clinical Center, Berlin Helmut Oettle, Clinical Center, Friedrichschafen Gerhard Heil, Clinical Center, Lüdenscheid Jörg Seraphin, Clinical Center, Northeim Martin Görner, Clinical Center, Bielefeld Matthias Mölle, Clinical Center, Dresden Tim F Greten, Hannover Medical School, Hannover and Volker Lakner, Clinical Center, Rostock, Germany
J Clin Oncol 32:2423-9. 2014..To assess the efficacy of a second-line regimen of oxaliplatin and folinic acid-modulated fluorouracil in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer who have experienced progression while receiving gemcitabine monotherapy...
- Prognostic significance of DNA cytometry for adjuvant therapy response in pancreatic cancerFritz Klein
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Surg Oncol 112:66-71. 2015..In this study the prognostic relevance of DNA Index and classical histopathological parameters with regard to disease-free (DFS) and overall survival (OS) was analyzed within the CONKO-001 patient population...
- Primary prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolic events in patients with gastrointestinal cancers - ReviewHanno Riess
Hanno Riess, Piet Habbel, Anja Jühling, Marianne Sinn, Uwe Pelzer, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
World J Gastrointest Oncol 8:258-70. 2016..Based on published guidelines and literature, this review will focus on prevention and treatment strategies of VTE in patients with gastrointestinal cancers. ..
- [Current standards in the treatment of pancreatic cancer]Uwe Pelzer
Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Med Klinik m S Hämatologie, Onkologie und Tumorimmunologie, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 140:1813-6. 2015..Since the preparation of the S3 guidelines for pancreatic cancer additional options in the care of patients with pancreatic cancer have become available to be incorporated in clinical practice...
- Detection of recurrent pancreatic cancer: comparison of FDG-PET with CT/MRIJuri Ruf
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde und PET Zentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pancreatology 5:266-72. 2005..To determine the value of fluorine-18-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) for the detection of recurrent pancreatic cancer in comparison to computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...