Daniel R Messroghli
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Myocardial T1 mapping: application to patients with acute and chronic myocardial infarctionDaniel R Messroghli
BHF Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Magn Reson Med 58:34-40. 2007..Precontrast T(1) maps enable the detection of acute MI. Acute and chronic MI show different patterns of T(1) changes. Standardized T(1) thresholds provide the potential to dichotomously identify areas of infarction...
- Modified Look-Locker inversion recovery (MOLLI) for high-resolution T1 mapping of the heartDaniel R Messroghli
BHF Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Magn Reson Med 52:141-6. 2004..The region of infarction was clearly visualized. MOLLI provides high-resolution T1 maps of human myocardium in native and post-contrast situations within a single breath-hold...
- An open-source software tool for the generation of relaxation time maps in magnetic resonance imagingDaniel R Messroghli
Cardiac MRI Unit, Franz Volhard Klinik, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
BMC Med Imaging 10:16. 2010..Such a software program would allow researchers to test and compare new imaging strategies and thus would significantly facilitate research in the area of quantitative tissue characterization...
- Optimization and validation of a fully-integrated pulse sequence for modified look-locker inversion-recovery (MOLLI) T1 mapping of the heartDaniel R Messroghli
Cardiac MRI Unit, Franz Volhard Klinik, Charite Campus Buch, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1081-6. 2007..To optimize and validate a fully-integrated version of modified Look-Locker inversion-recovery (MOLLI) for clinical single-breathhold cardiac T1 mapping...
- Delayed enhancement imaging: standardised segmental assessment of myocardial viability in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarctionKhaled Alfakih
Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Eur J Radiol 66:42-7. 2008..To prospectively compare a selective short axis slice positioning method (selective 3-of-5) used in combination with a single long-axis slice, to the conventional short axis multi-slice technique in the assessment of myocardial viability...
- Assessment of diffuse myocardial fibrosis in rats using small-animal Look-Locker inversion recovery T1 mappingDaniel R Messroghli
Department of Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:636-40. 2011..We hypothesized that diffuse myocardial fibrosis in a small-animal model could be quantitatively assessed by measuring myocardial ECV using small-animal Look-Locker inversion recovery T1 mapping...
- Human myocardium: single-breath-hold MR T1 mapping with high spatial resolution--reproducibility studyDaniel R Messroghli
BHF Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, England
Radiology 238:1004-12. 2006..This technique could enable direct quantification of changes in tissue characteristics in ischemic and inflammatory myocardial diseases...
- Myocardial T1 maps reflect histological findings in acute and chronic stages of myocarditis in a rat modelSarah Jeuthe
Internal Medicine Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 18:19. 2016....
- Closed-chest small animal model to study myocardial infarction in an MRI environment in real timeDarach O H-Ici
Unit for Cardiovascular Imaging, Department of Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 31:115-21. 2015..Ischemia can be caused while the animal is in the MRI. This new and clinically relevant small animal model is a valuable tool to study the effects of single or repeated coronary occlusion/reperfusion in real-time. ..
- The reproducibility of left ventricular volume and mass measurements: a comparison between dual-inversion-recovery black-blood sequence and SSFPSarah Clay
Leeds General Infirmary, BHF Cardiac MRI Unit, B Floor, Clarendon Wing, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Eur Radiol 16:32-7. 2006..For studies requiring LV mass measurements, the dual-inversion-recovery BB sequence offers improved spatial resolution and improved reproducibility to SSFP...
- Alterations in creatine metabolism observed in experimental autoimmune myocarditis using ex vivo proton magic angle spinning MRSFrédéric Muench
German Heart Institute Berlin, Department of Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Berlin, Germany
NMR Biomed 28:1625-33. 2015..Metabolic alterations occur acutely with the development of myocarditis. Myocardial Tau/tCr ratio as detected by (1)H-MRS correlates with LVEF and is able to differentiate between healthy myocardium and myocardium from rats with EAM...
- Cardiac MRI in patients with complex CHD following primary or secondary implantation of MRI-conditional pacemaker systemNadya Al-Wakeel
1Department of Congenital Heart Disease Pediatric Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cardiol Young 26:306-14. 2016..5-T MRI system. Lead function was tested before and after MRI. Artefacts and image readings were evaluated using a four-point grading scale...
- Assessment of regional left ventricular function: accuracy and reproducibility of positioning standard short-axis sections in cardiac MR imagingDaniel R Messroghli
British Heart Foundation Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, England
Radiology 235:229-36. 2005..The proposed method produces standardized short-axis section positions that meet the recommendations for cardiac imaging. The study was approved by the local ethics committee, and all subjects gave written informed consent...
- Small animal Look-Locker inversion recovery (SALLI) for simultaneous generation of cardiac T1 maps and cine and inversion recovery-prepared images at high heart rates: initial experienceDaniel R Messroghli
Department of Congenital Heart Defects, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Radiology 261:258-65. 2011..To develop a single magnetic resonance (MR) imaging approach for comprehensive assessment of cardiac function and tissue properties in small animals with high heart rates...
- Cardiac T1 Mapping and Extracellular Volume (ECV) in clinical practice: a comprehensive reviewPhilip Haaf
Division of Biomedical Imaging, Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine LICAMM, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 18:89. 2016..Furthermore, changes in the myocardium over time may be assessed longitudinally with this non-invasive tissue characterisation method...
- T1 mapping in patients with acute myocardial infarctionDaniel R Messroghli
Franz Volhard Clinic, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 5:353-9. 2003..T1 mapping can detect myocardial necrosis without the use of contrast media. Information that can be extracted from a combination of pre- and postcontrast T1 maps exceeds that from conventional contrast studies...
- Myocardial T1 mapping for detection of left ventricular myocardial fibrosis in chronic aortic regurgitation: pilot studyPatrick Sparrow
Department of Radiology, British Heart Foundation Cardiac MRI Unit, General Infirmary at Leeds, Great George St, Rm 170, D Fl, Jubilee Wing, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W630-5. 2006....
- The assessment of left ventricular (LV) function plays a central role in cardiac imagingDaniel R Messroghli
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:537-8. 2005
- Detection of acutely impaired microvascular reperfusion after infarct angioplasty with magnetic resonance imagingAndrew J Taylor
Alfred and Baker Heart Research Institute, Heart Centre, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Circulation 109:2080-5. 2004..Despite the reopening of the infarct-related artery (IRA) with infarct angioplasty, complete microvascular reperfusion does not always ensue...