Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Auer rod-like intracytoplasmic inclusions in multiple myeloma. A case report and review of the literatureG Hutter
Medizinische Klinik III, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Int J Lab Hematol 31:236-40. 2009..The nature of these intracellular inclusions and the relationship to prognostic implications and concomitant illnesses are discussed...
- The hematology of anorexia nervosaGero Hütter
Department of Internal Medicine III Hematology, Oncology, and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 42:293-300. 2009..Examination of the bone marrow reveals in almost 50% of the patients with AN signs of bone marrow atrophy and can additionally suffer from a gelatinous bone marrow transformation...
- High correlation of the proteome patterns in bone marrow and peripheral blood blast cells in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaGero Hütter
Department of Internal Medicine III Hematology, Onkology, Charité Berlin Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Transl Med 7:7. 2009..However, it remains to be determined, whether this correlation also exists on the level of protein expression...
- Long-term control of HIV by CCR5 Delta32/Delta32 stem-cell transplantationGero Hütter
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Transfusion Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
N Engl J Med 360:692-8. 2009..The patient remained without viral rebound 20 months after transplantation and discontinuation of antiretroviral therapy. This outcome demonstrates the critical role CCR5 plays in maintaining HIV-1 infection...
- Transplantation of selected or transgenic blood stem cells - a future treatment for HIV/AIDS?Gero Hütter
Medical Department III Hematology, Oncology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Int AIDS Soc 12:10. 2009..Furthermore, improvement of HIV-1 therapy that interferes with the entry mechanism seems to be a promising approach in HIV-1-infected patients with no matching CCR5-delta32 deleted donor...
- Evidence for the cure of HIV infection by CCR5Δ32/Δ32 stem cell transplantationKristina Allers
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, and Rheumatology, Medical Clinic I, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Blood 117:2791-9. 2011..In conclusion, our results strongly suggest that cure of HIV has been achieved in this patient...
- A phase I/IIa clinical trial of CLAOP21 and CLAOP14 in patients with high grade non-Hodgkins lymphomaAntonia Busse
Department of Medicine III, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1755-63. 2007..Both regimens were active with an overall response rate of 60% and 77%, respectively. The recommended dose of pegliposomal doxorubicin in the biweekly regimen for Phase II/III testing is 20 mg/m(2)...