Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Image quality and detection of pathology by ultrasound: comparison of B-mode ultrasound with photopic imaging and tissue harmonic imaging alone and in combination]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat Berlin
Rofo 174:1313-7. 2002..To determine the accuracy of photopic imaging (PI) in detecting pathology by ultrasound (US) and to assess the image quality in direct comparison with conventional B-mode ultrasound and tissue harmonic imaging (THI)...
- [Ultrasound at the bedside: does a portable ultrasound device save time?]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Campus Mitte, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Ultraschall Med 23:311-4. 2002..To prospectively determine whether the use of a portable ultrasound device results in a detectable reduction of the time required for acute ultrasound (US) assessment at the bedside...
- Assessment of unspecific near-infrared dyes in laser-induced fluorescence imaging of experimental arthritisThomas Fischer
Department of Radiology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Acad Radiol 13:4-13. 2006..The aim of the study is to evaluate in vivo fluorescence imaging of experimental inflammatory joint disease by applying two different near-infrared (NIR) dyes in a model of Borrelia-induced Lyme arthritis...
- The use of contrast-enhanced US in renal transplant: first results and potential clinical benefitThomas Fischer
Department of Radiology, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:E109-16. 2005....
- [Sacroiliitis in children with spondyloarthropathy: therapeutic effect of CT-Guided intra-articular corticosteroid injection]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Rofo 175:814-21. 2003....
- [Use of state-of-the-art ultrasound techniques in diagnosing sarcoidosis of the salivary glands (Heerfordt's syndrome)]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
HNO 51:394-9. 2003..The parotid gland is a rare site of sarcoidosis (6% of all cases). The role of state-of-the-art ultrasound techniques in the diagnostic assessment of parotid sarcoidosis (Heerfordt's syndrome) is presented...
- Arrival time parametric imaging: a new ultrasound technique for quantifying perfusion of kidney graftsT Fischer
Dept of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte
Ultraschall Med 29:418-23. 2008..Evaluation of a new standardised ultrasound (US) technique for diagnosis of acute rejection of kidney grafts...
- [Renal transplant: color duplex ultrasound and contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of the early postoperative phase and surgical complications]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Rofo 178:1202-11. 2006..Initial studies show that efficient and early diagnosis of rejection is possible. Surgical complications like perfusion defects or hematoma can also be identified...
- Improved diagnosis of early kidney allograft dysfunction by ultrasound with echo enhancer--a new method for the diagnosis of renal perfusionThomas Fischer
Institut für Radiologie Charité, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2921-9. 2006..We, therefore, performed a prospective study to compare the value of ultrasound contrast media (USCM) with conventional US in the diagnosis of early allograft dysfunction...
- [A new method for standardized diagnosis following renal transplantation. Ultrasound with contrast enhancement]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin, Schumannstrtasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin
Urologe A 45:38-45. 2006..This method is also helpful to detect and control acute rejections and to better visualize hematomas, deficits of perfusion, and tumors...
- Detection of rheumatoid arthritis using non-specific contrast enhanced fluorescence imagingThomas Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite University Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Acad Radiol 17:375-81. 2010....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2-specific microbubbles for molecular ultrasound detection of prostate cancer in a rat modelThomas Fischer
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:675-84. 2010..To investigate whether rat prostate cancer can be detected by means of molecular ultrasound (US) using target-specific microbubbles versus a nonspecific contrast agent...
- [Characterization of sonographically detected breast lesions using three-dimensional data sets]T Fischer
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Rofo 178:1224-34. 2006..The individual criteria were correlated with the histological findings and they were ranked according to their significance for lesion characterization in both 3D US and 2D US...
- Diagnosis of Heerfordt's syndrome by state-of-the-art ultrasound in combination with parotid biopsy: a case reportT Fischer
Department of Radiology, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Charite Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:134-7. 2002..In conclusion, state-of-the-art ultrasound with the option of obtaining a biopsy at low risk is a useful procedure for diagnosing unclear pathology of the parotid gland with rapid histological confirmation...
- [Transarterial embolization for uterine fibroids: clinical success rate and results of magnetic resonance imaging]T J Kröncke
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Rofo 177:89-98. 2005..To analyze the clinical success rate and the findings of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) after uterine artery embolization of symptomatic leiomyomas (fibroids) of the uterus...
- Early postoperative ultrasound of kidney transplants: evaluation of contrast medium dynamics using time-intensity curvesT Fischer
Charite University Hospital, Campus Charite Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Department of Radiology, Berlin
Rofo 176:472-7. 2004..To evaluate kidney recipients in the early posttransplant phase by semiquantitative analysis of the arterial arrival of ultrasound (US) contrast medium using time-intensity curves...
- [Implications of PI-RADS Version 1 and Updated Version 2 on the Scoring of Prostatic Lesions in Multiparametric MRI]M Haas
Department of Radiology, Charite, Berlin
Aktuelle Urol 47:383-7. 2016..This study aimed to assess the PI-RADS scores derived from version 1 (v1) and the updated version 2 (v2)...
- Near monochromatic X-rays for digital slot-scan mammography: initial findingsFelix Diekmann
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Charite, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:1641-6. 2004..The results suggest that monochromatization has a potential for improving image quality or decreasing dose in X-ray mammography...
- [Magnetic resonance tomography of sacroiliitis: anatomy, histological pathology, MR-morphology, and grading]K G A Hermann
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte
Radiologe 44:217-28. 2004..Values of the 4 quadrants are summed to an activity score (range 0-16). The new grading system is proposed to facilitate the examination and shorten image interpretation time...
- [Dose reduction through gridless technique in digital full-field mammography]F Diekmann
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin
Rofo 175:769-74. 2003..To determine the role of the scatter grid in digital full-field mammography with respect to image quality and dose and to compare the experimental results with initial clinical experience...
- Real-time elastography--an advanced method of ultrasound: First results in 108 patients with breast lesionsA Thomas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:335-40. 2006..To evaluate whether real-time elastography, a new, non-invasive method for the diagnosis of breast cancer, improves the differentiation and characterization of benign and malignant breast lesions...
- [Real-time MRI/US fusion-guided biopsy in biopsy-naïve and pre-biopsied patients with suspicion for prostate cancer]A Maxeiner
Klinik für Urologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin
Aktuelle Urol 46:34-8. 2015..The aim of this study was a) to compare the detection rates of MRI/US fusion-guided biopsy with conventional TRUS in a double centre cohort and b) to investigate the influence of the number of pre-biopsies on the PCa detection rate...
- Detection of microcalcifications in women with dense breasts and hypoechoic focal lesions: comparison of mammography and ultrasoundM Grigoryev
Institute of Radiology and Ultrasound Research Laboratory, University of Berlin, Charite, Berlin
Ultraschall Med 35:554-60. 2014..We conducted a prospective study to compare ultrasound and mammography in the detection of microcalcifications following sonographic diagnosis of a hypoechoic focal lesion in women with dense breast composition...
- [Ten years of laparoscopic living kidney donation. From an extravagant to a routine procedure]M Giessing
Klinik für Urologie, Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin
Urologe A 45:46-52. 2006..For the operating surgeon multiple developments have expanded the technical armentarium. LDN is safe for donor, recipient and kidney. Central issue of an optimal LDN is sufficient experience with laparoscopic urological techniques...
- Transrectal broadband-Doppler sonography with intravenous contrast medium administration for prostate imaging and biopsy in men with an elevated PSA value and previous negative biopsiesKasra Taymoorian
Departments of Urology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Anticancer Res 27:4315-20. 2007..THE AIM of this study was to determine the prostate cancer detection rate of targeted biopsy using contrast-enhanced ultrasound (US) in patients with elevated prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels and previous negative biopsy...
- [Real-time MRI/US fusion-guided biopsy improves detection rates of prostate cancer in pre-biopsied patients]A Maxeiner
Klinik für Urologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin
Aktuelle Urol 45:197-203. 2014..The detection of clinically significant PCa was investigated...
- [Detection of prostate cancer by real-time MR/ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy: 3T MRI and state of the art sonography]T Durmus
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Rofo 185:428-33. 2013..The aim of this study is to evaluate whether prostate cancer detection rates of transrectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided biopsy may be improved by an image fusion of state-of-the-art ultrasound (CEUS, elastography) and MR (T2w, DWI) imaging...
- [Technical success rate, peri-interventional complications and radiation exposure of the transarterial embolization for leiomyomas of the uterus]T J Kröncke
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitätsklinikum Charité Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Rofo 176:580-9. 2004..To analyze the technical success rate, incidence and type of peri-interventional complications, and radiation exposure of uterine artery embolization (UAE) in symptomatic leiomyomas of the uterus...
- [Contribution of MRI in diagnosis of urinary stress incontinence without concomitant urogenital prolapse]D Beyersdorff
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Rofo 173:601-5. 2001..To detect pathomorphological changes of the pelvic floor, the vagina, and the urethra by MR imaging in patients with stress urinary incontinence in the absence of organ descent compared with findings in 10 healthy controls...
- [Endovenous treatment of primary varicose veins: an effective and safe therapeutic alternative to stripping?]C Kluner
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte
Rofo 177:179-87. 2005....
- [Germ cell tumors - documentation of diagnosis and therapy by means of a web-based modular database system]N Schreiter
Die Institutsangaben sind am Ende des Beitrags gelistet
Aktuelle Urol 39:442-7. 2008..The aim of this study was to develop an internet platform to document the quality of individual sections of treatment for patients with germ cell tumours in Berlin and to improve the therapy in conformity with the S2 guidelines...
- Interactions of metarhodopsin II. Arrestin peptides compete with arrestin and transducinA Pulvermüller
Institut fur Medizinische Physik und Biophysik, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:37679-85. 2000..The arrestin sites are located in both the C- and N-terminal domains of the arrestin structure...
- [Image quality and characterisation of sonographically detected breast lesions: comparison of tissue harmonic imaging alone and in combination with frequency compounding]A Thomas
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Universitat Berlin
Ultraschall Med 28:387-93. 2007..To determine the accuracy of frequency compounding (FC) in detection and characterisation of breast lesions by ultrasound (US) and to assess the image quality in direct comparison with tissue harmonic imaging (THI)...
- Systemic eight-cycle anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (rituximab) therapy in primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas--an applicational observationS Gellrich
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergy, Medical Faculty Charité, Humboldt University Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Br J Dermatol 153:167-73. 2005..So far it has been unclear whether an extended duration of therapy leads to a benefit for the patients with PCBCL...
- [Pain management in the elderly--1: Recognizing and understanding the etiologies of pain]Kirsten Neumann
Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Graduiertenkolleg Multimorbidität im Alter und ausgewählte Pflegeprobleme
Pflege Z 58:287-91. 2005
- Real-time sonoelastography of the cervix: tissue elasticity of the normal and abnormal cervixAnke Thomas
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, G 10117 Berlin, Germany
Acad Radiol 14:193-200. 2007..First study to investigate the basic tissue elastic properties of the cervix in pre- and postmenopausal healthy women and to compare these normal findings with the results in a group of patients with focal pathology of the cervix...
- Real-time sonoelastography performed in addition to B-mode ultrasound and mammography: improved differentiation of breast lesions?Anke Thomas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chariteplatz, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin 10117, Germany
Acad Radiol 13:1496-504. 2006..The goal of the present study was to compare the sensitivity and specificity of elastography with that of B-mode ultrasound (US) and mammography...
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the shoulder joint: comparison of conventional radiography, ultrasound, and dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingKay Geert A Hermann
Department of Radiology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 48:3338-49. 2003..To determine the role of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) compared with conventional radiography in the detection of chronic and acute inflammatory manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) of the shoulder joint...
- Relevance of depth resolution for cerebral blood flow monitoring by near-infrared spectroscopic bolus tracking during cardiopulmonary bypassJens Steinbrink
Clinic of Neurology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:1172-8. 2006..Contamination of the cerebral signal by contamination from overlaying extracerebral tissue, however, has been proposed to reduce sensitivity and cerebral selectivity of this promising technique...
- [Targeted management of challenging behavior in persons with dementia: the "Serial Trial Intervention" (STI)]Thomas Fischer
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Arbeitsgruppe Pflegerische Versorgungsforschung, Berlin
Pflege Z 60:370-3. 2007
- Significant differentiation of focal breast lesions: calculation of strain ratio in breast sonoelastographyAnke Thomas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Acad Radiol 17:558-63. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare elastography and B-mode ultrasound to determine whether the calculation of strain ratios (SRs) can further improve the differentiation of focal breast lesions...
- Patients with a history of elevated prostate-specific antigen levels and negative transrectal US-guided quadrant or sextant biopsy results: value of MR imagingDirk Beyersdorff
Department of Radiology, Charite, Humboldt Universitat, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Radiology 224:701-6. 2002....
- Tissue Doppler and strain imaging for evaluating tissue elasticity of breast lesionsAnke Thomas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Acad Radiol 14:522-9. 2007..The present study served to investigate whether the specificity of B-mode ultrasound (US) can be improved by combining B-mode imaging with tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) and offline analysis of tissue strain imaging (TSI)...
- [Pain management in the elderly--2: Recognizing and assessing pain accurately]Thomas Fischer
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Graduiertenkolleg Multimorbidität im Alter und ausgewählte Pflegeprobleme, Berlin
Pflege Z 58:355-8. 2005
- Truncus arteriosus communis in a midtrimester fetus: comparison of prenatal ultrasound and MRI with postmortem MRI and autopsyMatthias R Mühler
Department of Radiology, Charite, CCM, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:2120-4. 2004..Therefore, MRI should be used more often in fetal cardiology, although it still must be further developed...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the upper abdomen using a free-breathing T2-weighted turbo spin echo sequence with navigator triggered prospective acquisition correctionChristian Klessen
Department of Radiology, Charité Universitary Medicine Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 21:576-82. 2005....
- [Scales for pain assessment in persons with severe dementia: aids for observation]Thomas Fischer
Arbeitsgruppe Pflegerische Versorgungsforschung, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Pflege Z 60:308-11. 2007
- The hyperechoic zone around breast lesions - an indirect parameter of malignancyT Durmus
Department of Radiology, University Berlin, Charite, Berlin
Ultraschall Med 35:547-53. 2014..To evaluate an irregular perilesional hyperechoic zone as a potential criterion of malignancy on breast ultrasound and to test whether this zone correlates with perilesional T2 hyperintensity on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Deficits in pain treatment in nursing homes in Germany: a cross-sectional studyM Kölzsch
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, D 10117, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pain 16:439-46. 2012..Current knowledge about the quality and appropriateness of pharmacological pain treatment in nursing home residents (NHR), particularly in NHR with moderate to severe cognitive impairment, is poor...
- [Magnetic resonance elastography of the liver]I Sack
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Radiologe 52:738-44. 2012..The early detection of liver fibrosis remains a major challenge in medical imaging...
- Intraoperative specimen radiography in patients with nonpalpable malignant breast lesionsC Schmachtenberg
Radiology, Charite, Campus Mitte, Berlin
Rofo 184:635-42. 2012..Specimen mammography of nonpalpable wire-localized breast lesions is the standard in breast-conserving surgery. The aim of this study was to evaluate the reliability of intraoperative 2-view specimen mammography in different cancer types...
- Efficacy and safety of methantheline bromide (Vagantin(®) ) in axillary and palmar hyperhidrosis: results from a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trialC Muller
Department of Medical Science and Operations, RIEMSER Arzneimittel AG, Greifswald, Germany Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Allergology, University Hospital Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany Private Dermatological Practice Centre, Wuppertal, Germany SCIderm Research Institute and Dermatologikum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany Skin and Laser Center Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany Division of Evidence Based Medicine, Klinik fur Dermatologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27:1278-84. 2013..Focal hyperhidrosis can severely affect quality of life. So far, knowledge on the effect of systemic therapy of focal hyperhidrosis is limited...
- Evaluation of post-cardiopulmonary bypass coagulation disorders by differential diagnosis with a multichannel modified thromboelastogram: a pilot investigationA Koster
Department for Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum, Berlin, Germany
J Extra Corpor Technol 33:153-8. 2001..However, elaboration is desirable, and larger clinical trials are necessary for a final evaluation of the protocol...
- Cervical Sonoelastography and Cervical Length Measurement but not Cervicovaginal Interleukin-6 Are Predictors for Preterm BirthA Weichert
Department of Obstetrics, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ultrasound Int Open 2:E83-9. 2016..The aim of the present study was to assess the value of cervical length measurements in combination with sonoelastography and interleukin 6 (IL-6) concentrations in cervicovaginal secretions to identify women at risk for preterm birth...
- Correction of cor triatriatum sinistrum in a Jehovah's Witness infantV Alexi-Meskishvili
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery and Department of Congenital Heart Disease, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 18:724-6. 2000..5 g/dl. The infant was extubated on the same day and discharged from our institution on the eighth day after surgery. Two years after surgery the child is in sinus rhythm and is developing well...
- [Patient view in the assessment of quality of life in old age: potentials and limits]M Holzhausen
Institut für Biometrie und Klinische Epidemiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Luisenstrasse 65, Berlin, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 42:355-9. 2009..All three approaches highlighted potentials for an extended integration of the patient's perspective in the assessment and evaluation of their quality of life...
- The plasma supplemented modified activated clotting time for monitoring of heparinization during cardiopulmonary bypass: a pilot investigationAndreas Koster
Department of Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Charite, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Anesth Analg 95:26-30, table of contents. 2002..The improved correlation most likely results from a correction of the effects of the impairment of the coagulation system caused by hemodilution and consumption of procoagulants on extracorporeal surfaces...
- Hemostatic activation and inflammatory response during cardiopulmonary bypass: impact of heparin managementAndreas Koster
Department of Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum, and Institute of Physiology, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Anesthesiology 97:837-41. 2002....
- Evaluation of late results in breast reconstruction by latissimus dorsi flap and prosthesis implantationIgnazio Tarantino
Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Unit, University Hospital, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:1387-94. 2006..Short- and medium-term evaluation after this procedure is well described in the literature, but there have been no evaluations of the late course (over 10 years) published until now...
- Videodensitometry in the examination of focal breast lesions after injection of an ultrasound contrast agentJens Uwe Blohmer
Department of Senology, St Gertrauden Krankenhaus, Paretzer Str 11 12, 10713 Berlin, Germany
Anticancer Res 26:1691-8. 2006....
- Localization of 131I-labelled monoclonal antibody ERIC1 in a subcutaneous xenograft model of neuroblastoma in SCID miceChristina Otto
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
Nucl Med Commun 27:171-8. 2006..To evaluate a novel strategy of immunolocalization of human neuroblastoma by targeting the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), which is over-expressed on neuroblastoma...
- Influence of patient symptoms and physical findings on general practitioners' treatment of respiratory tract infections: a direct observation studyThomas Fischer
Department of General Practice, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 6:6. 2005..The influence of patient complaints and physical examination findings on GPs' prescribing behaviour was mostly investigated by indirect methods such as questionnaires...
- Effectiveness of a powered toothbrush compared with a manual toothbrush for orthodontic patients with fixed appliancesAnnerose Borutta
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Centre for Dentistry, Jena, Germany
J Clin Dent 13:131-7. 2002..The findings were for both whole mouth and partial mouth assessments. In accordance with previous studies, it was demonstrated that the use of a powered toothbrush can be recommended for orthodontic patients with fixed appliances...
- The incidence of myelofibrosis in essential thrombocythaemia, polycythaemia vera and chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis: a retrospective evaluation of sequential bone marrow biopsiesAndreas Kreft
Institut fü Pathologie, Klinikum Johannes Gutenberg Universitä Mainz, Mainz, Deutschland
Acta Haematol 113:137-43. 2005..9 years, 34 of the 79 patients with CIMF (43%), 13 of the 69 patients with PV (19%) and 1 of the 66 patients with ET (1.5%)--each initially without MF--developed MF regardless of myelosuppressive therapy...
- Hematologic and cytogenetic responses to imatinib mesylate in chronic myelogenous leukemiaHagop Kantarjian
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 346:645-52. 2002..Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) is caused by the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase, the product of the Philadelphia chromosome. Imatinib mesylate, formerly STI571, is a selective inhibitor of this kinase...
- Sustained complete molecular remissions after treatment with imatinib-mesylate in patients with failure after allogeneic stem cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukemia: results of a prospective phase II open-label multicenter studyGeorg Hess
III Med Klinik, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz University of Ulm, II Med Klinik, Charite, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:7583-93. 2005....
- Stability of radioactive colloids for radiation synovectomy: influence of X-ray contrast agents, anaesthetics and glucocorticoids in vitroKlaus Schomacker
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Nucl Med Commun 26:1027-35. 2005....
- A combined stage 1 and 2 repair for hypoplastic left heart syndrome: anaesthetic considerationsThomas Fischer
Paediatr Anaesth 14:525-6; author reply 526-7. 2004
- A phase I study of intravenous LBH589, a novel cinnamic hydroxamic acid analogue histone deacetylase inhibitor, in patients with refractory hematologic malignanciesFrancis Giles
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4628-35. 2006..LBH589 is a novel histone deacetylase inhibitor that inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in tumor cell lines. In this phase I study, LBH589 was administered i.v. as a 30-minute infusion on days 1 to 7 of a 21-day cycle...
- The MicroMed DeBakey VAD--part I: The pump and the blood flowEvgenij V Potapov
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum, Berlin, Germany
J Extra Corpor Technol 35:274-83. 2003....
- Outcome of upper gastro-intestinal bleeding and use of ibuprofen versus paracetamolWilliam J Blot
International Epidemiology Institute, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Pharm World Sci 26:319-23. 2004..Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are known to increase the risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB). Whether the severity of outcome of UGIB associated with NSAIDs differs from non-NSAID-related UGIB is less clear...
- Impact of heparin management on release of tissue factor pathway inhibitor during cardiopulmonary bypassThomas Fischer
Anesthesiology 100:1040. 2004
- The prognosis for patients with chronic myeloid leukemia who have clonal cytogenetic abnormalities in philadelphia chromosome-negative cellsMichael W N Deininger
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Cancer 110:1509-19. 2007..In some patients, CCA/Ph-negative status was associated with myelodysplasia or acute myeloid leukemia. The objective of the current study was to determine the prognostic impact of CCA/Ph-negative cells...
- [Primary nursing and case management: facilitating transitions]Thomas Fischer
Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt M, Stabsstelle Pflegeforschung, Haus 57, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt M
Pflege Z 57:275-7. 2004
- Can student tutors act as examiners in an objective structured clinical examination?Jean Francois Chenot
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Med Educ 41:1032-8. 2007..Senior medical students may be able to support faculty staff to assess their peers. The aim of this study is to assess the reliability of student tutors as OSCE examiners and their acceptance by their peers...
- Current results on the use of imatinib mesylate in patients with relapsed Philadelphia chromosome positive leukemia after allogeneic or syngeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationAndrew J Ullmann
3rd Medical Department, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Keio J Med 52:182-8. 2003..The data suggest that earlier start of imatinib mesylate prior to hematologic relapse in minimum residual disease (MRD) positive patients is a promising treatment concept...
- [Data monitoring committees. Third pillar in the methodical conduct of clinical trials]Thomas Fischer
Bundesinstitut fur Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte, Kurt Georg Kiesinger Allee 3, Bonn, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:793-6. 2008....
- Management of heparin resistance during cardiopulmonary bypass: the effect of five different anticoagulation strategies on hemostatic activationAndreas Koster
Department of Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Germany
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 17:171-5. 2003..However, this poses a problem in patients insensitive to heparin. The present investigation was performed to assess different strategies of managing patients with heparin resistance during CPB...
- Lung protection during total cardiopulmonary bypass by isolated lung perfusion: preliminary results of a novel perfusion strategyHans H Sievers
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Luebeck, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 74:1167-72; discussion 1172. 2002..The present pilot study was conducted to evaluate the effect of isolated short-term lung perfusion during cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) on inflammatory response and oxygenation...
- Drug treatment is superior to allografting as first-line therapy in chronic myeloid leukemiaRudiger Hehlmann
III Medizinische Universitätsklinik, Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Wiesbadener Strasse 7 11, 63805 Mannheim, Germany
Blood 109:4686-92. 2007..032). The general recommendation of HSCT as first-line treatment option in chronic phase CML can no longer be maintained. It should be replaced by a trial with modern drug treatment first...