Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Changes due to acculturation]Matthias David
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Pflege Z 59:227-30. 2006
- Myoma-associated pain frequency and intensity: a retrospective evaluation of 1548 myoma patientsMatthias David
Department of Gynecology, Virchow Campus, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 199:137-40. 2016..frequency and intensity of myoma-related pain? (2) Does the pain intensity depend on the number, size, or location of the myomas? (3) Is there any correlation between premenstrual pain, menstrual pain, and pain during sexual intercourse?..
- Do immigration and acculturation have an impact on hyperemesis gravidarum? Results of a study in Berlin/GermanyMatthias David
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Gynakologie, Berlin, Germany
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 33:78-84. 2012..for hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) among the in-patients in a University hospital in Germany? Does migration have an impact on the psychosocial state of HG patients? Does acculturation have an impact on psychosocial distress in HG patients?..
- Perinatal outcome in Berlin (Germany) among immigrants from TurkeyMatthias David
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:271-8. 2006..Are there differences regarding important perinatal outcome-parameters in Berlin relating to ethnicity?..
- Ethnic Turkish fathers in birth support roles in a Berlin labour and delivery room--motives, preparation and incidence in a 10-year comparisonMatthias David
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Berlin, Germany
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 30:5-10. 2009..Turkish (T) fathers with respect to birth preparation or motivation to participate in a birth support role? In a 10-year comparison is it possible to identify an increase among ethnic Turkish fathers in birth support roles in Germany?..
- Prior cesarean section--an acceptable risk for vaginal delivery at free-standing midwife-led birth centers? Results of the analysis of vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC) in German birth centersMatthias David
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 142:106-10. 2009..Is out-of-hospital vaginal birth at a birth center safe for women with a previous cesarean section? Do their maternal or neonatal outcomes vary significantly from those of a "non-cesarean" control group?..
- [Interdisciplinary stratification of patients with myoma-related symptoms]M David
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Radiologe 48:654-9. 2008....
- [Out-of-hospital births in Germany--a comparison of "large", "medium", and "small" free-standing birth centres]M David
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 210:166-72. 2006..How do maternal and foetal outcomes in out-of-hospital births vary in relation to birth centre size?..
- Emergency outpatient services in the city of Berlin: Factors for appropriate use and predictors for hospital admissionMatthias David
Clinic for Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charite University Medical School, Berlin, Virchow Campus, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Emerg Med 13:352-7. 2006..To determine the proportion of patients making inappropriate use of medical care at hospital emergency rooms. To identify the factors that influence appropriateness of use and the probability of subsequent hospital admission...
- Perinatal outcome in hospital and birth center obstetric careM David
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Humboldt University School of Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 65:149-56. 1999..Our purpose was to compare birth complications and fetal outcome in hospitals and birth centers...
- [Albert and Gustav Döderlein -- a critical view to the biographies of two German professors]M David
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe
Zentralbl Gynakol 128:56-9. 2006..He can be regarded as the founder of antenatal care in Germany. Both scientific and historic aspects of the biographies of these two professors are critically looked right past...
- Intrapartum transfer from a birth centre to a hospital - reasons, procedures, and consequencesM David
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Klinik für Frauenheikunde und Geburtshilfe
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:422-8. 2006..Investigation of the reasons for the transfer of women from a birth centre to a hospital in the course of childbirth as well as modalities and effects...
- Treatment of uterine fibroids by embolization--advantages, disadvantages, and pitfallsM David
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 123:131-8. 2005..UAE may be a therapeutic approach for selected patients. In these special cases, embolization is a safe and practical alternative to the established treatment options...
- Comparison of isosorbide mononitrate (Mono Mack) and misoprostol (Cytotec) for cervical ripening in the first trimester missed abortionMatthias David
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 273:144-5. 2005..The objective of this study was to compare NO-donor isosorbide mononitrate to misoprostol, both applied as vaginal tablets for cervical ripening prior to first trimester curettage in patients with missed abortion...
- [Birthplace free-standing birth center -- perinatal data in comparison with clinic deliveries in Bavaria and Berlin]M David
Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Campus Virchow Klinikum
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 208:110-7. 2004..Is the perinatal and/or maternal mortality in the birth center group higher? What influence do different socioeconomic factors have on the clinic group?..
- Risk factors for fetal-to-maternal transfusion in Rh D-negative women--results of a prospective study on 942 pregnant womenMatthias David
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
J Perinat Med 32:254-7. 2004..To investigate the incidence of severe fetal-to-maternal transfusion after delivery and to identify risk factors...
- Comparison of the relaxation effect in vitro of nitroglycerin vs. fenoterol on human myometrial stripsM David
Clinic for Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Clinic Charite, Berlin
J Perinat Med 28:232-42. 2000..Substance dose-related comparison of relaxation effect of nitroglycerin (GTN) and the beta 2-mimetic substance fenoterol in human myometrial tissue...
- [Female menopause--comparison of knowledge and opinion in German and Turkish-born women]M David
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitätsklinikum Charité Berlin
Zentralbl Gynakol 123:3-9. 2001..7%) associated complaints with menopause. However the immigrant women knew noticeably less about health risks related to menopause (10% vs. 50%)...
- [Preventive intravenous nitroglycerin administration in cesarean section to facilitate fetal extraction of infants between 500 and 1500 g--are there negative effects on the newborn infant?]M David
Abteilung für Geburtsmedizin, Krankenhaus Berlin Neukölln
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 205:137-42. 2001..v. application of nitroglycerin to induce rapid uterine relaxation. This has been recommended by various clinical teams, but with relatively little experience being available regarding preterm births...
- [The probability of spontaneous delivery -- possibility and limits of obstetric risk scores]M David
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 206:219-27. 2002..For a sound consultation of pregnant women e. g. regarding the choice of delivery place, a simple, reliable prepartal risk estimation system would be desirable...
- NO-donor nitroglycerin versus the prostaglandin gemeprost for cervical ripening in first trimester missed abortionM David
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 83:71-2. 2003
- Turkish and German patients' recall of diagnosis and therapy before and following informed consentMatthias Pette
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ethn Health 9:213-23. 2004..The purpose of the study was to examine differences in recall of informed consent procedures between patients with different ethnicity and to identify potential explanatory factors...
- [Pain and ethnicity - results of a survey at three internal/gynecological first-aid stations in Berlin]M David
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe
Zentralbl Gynakol 126:81-6. 2004....
- [Between clinic, auditorium and conference room--to commemorate the 100th birthday of Helmut Kraatz (8/6/1902- 6/13/1983)]M David
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Berlin
Zentralbl Gynakol 125:377-80. 2003
- Doctor's perception of doctor-patient relationships in emergency departments: What roles do gender and ethnicity play?Birgit Babitsch
Berlin Institute of Gender in Medicine GiM, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Luisenstr, 65, 10117 Berlin, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 8:82. 2008..Furthermore, the influence of the patient's ethnicity and gender on the doctor's perception remains largely unanswered...
- Migration and symptom reporting at menopause: a comparative survey of migrant women from Turkey in Berlin, German women in Berlin, and women in IstanbulSengül Boral
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Charite, Berlin, Germany
Menopause 20:169-78. 2013..The aim was to analyze findings in light of the possible influences of sociodemographic, psychosocial, and migration-related aspects...
- Isosorbide mononitrate vaginal gel versus misoprostol vaginal gel versus Dilapan-S for cervical ripening before first trimester curettageFrank Chih Kang Chen
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Geburtsmedizin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 138:176-9. 2008..To compare the efficacy and safety of vaginal applications of three different principles of cervical priming prior to first trimester curettage, isosorbide mononitrate (ISMN), misoprostol and Dilapan-S, a hygroscopical cervical dilator...
- Co-occurrence of atypical endometriosis, subserous uterine leiomyomata, sactosalpinx, serous cystadenoma and bilateral hemorrhagic corpora lutea in a perimenopausal adipose patient taking tamoxifen (20 mg/day) for invasive lobular breast cancerAndreas D Ebert
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Endometriosis Center Level III, Campus Humboldt, Vivantes Network for Health, Berlin, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 66:209-13. 2008..For women taking tamoxifen, recent data strongly support the estrogen agonist role of tamoxifen as a causal factor for the increased risk of endometriosis, but also of leiomyomata, endometrial polyps, and endometrial hyperplasia...
- Survey among German gynecologists on the clinical management of patients with sarcomas of the uterusFrank Chih Kang Chen
Department of Gynecology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Anticancer Res 33:3375-81. 2013..To gain more information about the knowledge of the clinical management of uterine sarcoma...
- Aromatase inhibitors and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors in endometriosis: new questions--old answers?Andreas D Ebert
Charité Endometriosis Research Center Berlin, Department of Gynecology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 122:144-50. 2005..g. Celecoxib/Celebrex, Rofecoxib/Vioxx, Valdecoxib/Bextra) are of great interest and should be studied in clinical trials in premenopausal woman with endometriosis to expand the spectrum of currently available treatment options...
- [What Turkish-speaking women expect in a German hospital and how satisfied they are with health care during their stay in a gynaecological hospital in Berlin - a comparative approach]T Borde
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Public Health Projekt, Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:476-85. 2002....
- [Who heals, is right!--A forgotten genius? In memory of Wilhelm Fliess on the occasion of his 150th birthday and 80th anniversary of death]P P Caffier
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 88:39-44. 2009..We commemorate a special example of such dialogue in remembrance of the rhinolaryngologist Wilhelm Fliess on the occasion of his 150 (th) birthday and 80 (th) anniversary of death in October 2008...
- Effects of oxytocin receptor antagonist atosiban on pregnant myometrium in vitroU Buscher
Department of Obstetrics, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Obstet Gynecol 98:117-21. 2001..To investigate dose-dependent effects of oxytocin receptor antagonist, atosiban, on oxytocin-induced contractions of myometrial strips from healthy pregnant women...
- [Magnetic resonance tomography guided focussed ultrasound surgery (MRgFUS) in tumor therapy--a new noninvasive therapy option]S A Hengst
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Campus Virchow Klinikum der Universitätsmedizin Berlin Charité
Radiologe 44:339-46. 2004..This method offers strong potential in the treatment also of other tumorentities since it provides excellent accuracy. Currently numerous efforts are undertaken to introduce MRgFUS for the therapy of liver or cerebral tumors...
- Attitudes toward mode of hysterectomy: a survey-based study among German gynecologistsMatthias David
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Gynakologie, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 164:216-20. 2012..To determine the attitudes of Germany's gynecologists to mode of hysterectomy (HE) for benign indications...
- Emergency cerclage versus bed rest for amniotic sac prolapse before 27 gestational weeks. A retrospective, comparative study of 161 womenJens H Stupin
Department of Obstetrics, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 139:32-7. 2008..The objective of the study is to compare outcomes after conservative management alone versus conservative management with cerclage in the treatment of amniotic sac prolapse in the second trimester...
- Menopausal symptoms in an intercultural context: a comparison between German women, Chinese women and migrant Chinese women using the Menopause Rating Scale (MRS II)Grete Hinrichsen
Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Charite, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 290:963-71. 2014..Chinese women in Germany and Chinese women in their native country? Can these potential discrepancies be explained by sociocultural differences? What are the differences in menopausal symptoms in connection with the consumption of soya?..
- [Are women with and without migration background reached equally well by health services? The example of antenatal care in Berlin]S Brenne
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum Klinik für Gynäkologie, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Deutschland
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 58:569-76. 2015..We assessed whether differentials in uptake of antenatal care (ANC) observed in earlier studies still persist today...
- Caesarean Section Frequency among Immigrants, Second- and Third-Generation Women, and Non-Immigrants: Prospective Study in Berlin/GermanyMatthias David
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Clinic for Gynaecology, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0127489. 2015..Other important points to be considered are whether caesarean section indications and the neonatal outcomes differ in babies delivered by caesarean between immigrants, their offspring, and non-immigrants...
- Histological confirmation of endometriosis in a 9-year-old girl suffering from unexplained cyclic pelvic pain since her eighth year of lifeAndreas D Ebert
German Endometriosis Research Center Berlin Level III, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vivantes Campus Humboldt, Berlin, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 67:158-61. 2009..Endometriosis is considered an estrogen-dependent disease of women in their reproductive age and characterized by the occurrence of stromal cells and endometrial-like glands outside the uterine cavity...
- [Migrants in obstetrics--psychosomatic aspects in the context of acculturation]Theda Borde
Alice Salomon Fachhochschule für Sozialarbeit und Sozialpädagogik, Alice Salomon Platz 5, 12627 Berlin, Germany
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 58:183-8. 2008..Specific risks of migration and psychosocial as well as the potentials of transcultural change more consideration...
- [Treatment of immigrants in emergency clinics]Theda Borde
Alice Salomon Fachhochschule, Berlin
MMW Fortschr Med 149:38-9. 2007....
- [Nursing care for immigrants: ethnic-cultural aspects in maternity care]Matthias David
Pflege Z 55:21-4. 2002
- Focused ultrasound treatment of uterine fibroid tumors: safety and feasibility of a noninvasive thermoablative techniqueElizabeth A Stewart
Departments of Obstetrics, Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:48-54. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of focused ultrasound surgery with magnetic resonance imaging guidance for the noninvasive treatment of uterine leiomyomas...
- [Lung protective ventilation - supportive and adjunctive therapies in acute lung injury]Matthias David
Klinik für Anästhesiologieder Johannes Gutenberg Universität in Mainz
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 43:464-9; quiz 470. 2008..Although some investigations have shown promising improvements in oxygenation and physiological variables, large randomized trials of adjunctive and supportive therapies showed no impact on survival...