Sascha Santosh Chopra
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Postoperative immunosuppression after open and laparoscopic liver resection: assessment of cellular immune function and monocytic HLA-DR expressionSascha S Chopra
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, University Medicine Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
JSLS 17:615-21. 2013..The aim of our study was to show the difference in immunologic profiles after minimally invasive versus conventional liver resection...
- Initial results of MR-guided liver resection in a high-field open MRISascha Santosh Chopra
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, University Medicine Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Surg Endosc 24:2506-12. 2010..Various MRI-safe and -compatible instruments were developed, tested, and applied to realize minimally invasive liver surgery under MR guidance. As proof of the concept, liver resection was performed in a porcine model...
- Laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors: comparison of MR guidance versus conventional laparoscopic ultrasound for needle positioning in a phantom modelSascha S Chopra
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery Charité Campus Virchow Clinic, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 20:212-7. 2011..In a phantom model it showed comparable results regarding needle positioning to the established technique of laparoscopic US guidance...
- Advances in image guided conventional and minimal invasive liver surgeryS S Chopra
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charité Campus Virchw Clinic, University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Minerva Chir 65:463-78. 2010..This manuscript is meant to give the reader an overview on current developments, difficulties and future aspects of image guided liver surgery...
- Establishing Nd:YAG laser-based left lateral liver resection: comparison of open, laparoscopic, and hand-assisted approach in a porcine ModelSascha Santosh Chopra
Department of General, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Charite Campus Mitte, University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 20:73-8. 2010..Laparoscopy and hand-assisted laparoscopic surgery were evaluated and compared with conventional open surgery...
- Imaging sequences for intraoperative MR-guided laparoscopic liver resection in 1.0-T high field open MRIS S Chopra
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, University Medicine Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin 13353, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:2191-6. 2009..The additional MR images offered simultaneous multiplanar real-time visualisation of the liver vessels during the intervention and thereby increased the anatomical orientation of the surgeon...
- Evaluation of laparoscopic liver resection with two different Nd:YAG lasers for future use in a high-field open MRISascha Santosh Chopra
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Mitte, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Photomed Laser Surg 27:281-6. 2009..In this study two different Nd:YAG lasers were evaluated for laparoscopic liver resection in a porcine model. In other studies this technique will be transferred into an interventional open MRI for image-guided liver resection...
- [Characterization of hepatic tumors with contrast-enhanced ultrasound and digital grey-scale analysis]A J Lemke
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin
Rofo 176:1607-16. 2004..The purpose of this study was the clinical evaluation of contrast enhanced ultrasound followed by quantitative digital analysis in patients with focal hepatic tumors...
- Surgical results of patients after esophageal resection or extended gastrectomy for cancer of the esophagogastric junctionG Schumacher
Departments of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Dis Esophagus 22:422-6. 2009..108), surgical and respiratory complications, and the incidence of anastomotic leakage (P = 0.645). We conclude that in selected cases it may be possible to perform an extended gastrectomy for small type I cancers...
- [Ultrasound contrast agents for liver diagnostics]A J Lemke
Klinik für Strahlenheilkunde des Campus Virchow Klinikums, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Radiologe 45:520-8. 2005..Contrast-enhanced ultrasound can also be employed for monitoring ablative tumor therapies, visualization of vessels difficult to depict, and measurement of the so-called liver transit time...
- [Transcutaneous ultrasound]M Hunerbein
Klinik fur Chirurgie und Chirurgische Onkologie, Charite Campus Buch, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 13122 Berlin, Deutschland
Chirurg 78:407-10, 412. 2007..This article reviews relevant new aspects of transcutaneous ultrasound in the surgical setting...
- [Impact of the body mass index on the prognosis and complication rate after surgical resection of cancers at the oesophagogastric junction]G Schumacher
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Zentralbl Chir 134:66-70. 2009..An elevated body mass index (BMI) is associated with an increased incidence of cancer at the gastro-oesophageal junction. Less is known about the postoperative complication rate and prognosis in relation to the BMI...
- Clinical application of modern ultrasound techniques after liver transplantationEva Maria Teegen
Charite, Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 57:1161-70. 2016..It addresses common vascular complications and describes the identification of postoperative abnormal findings using ultrasound and CEUS. ..
- Large-scale referencing of the telemetric neurovent-P-tel intracranial pressure sensor in a porcine modelFlorian Baptist Freimann
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Neurosurg 49:29-32. 2013..4 to 3.1 mm Hg. The telemetric Neurovent-P-tel sensor system provides good accuracy within a broad range exceeding normal ICP values and might be useful in clinical practice...
- Incidence, risk factors and management of incisional hernia in a high volume liver transplant centerPanagiotis Fikatas
General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Transplant 18:223-30. 2013..Incisional hernia after liver transplantation is a common complication with an incidence between 5% and 34%. This prospective study analyzed risk factors, surgical management and long-term results after hernia repair...
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery in surgical oncology: analysis of indications and feasibility in cancer patientsSascha Santosh Chopra
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1131-4. 2012..Until now appropriate indications, safe access routes and general feasibility of this approach have not been defined exactly in surgical oncology...
- Evaluation of a new large animal model for controlled intracranial pressure changes induced by capnoperitoneumFlorian Baptist Freimann
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 155:1345-9. 2013..A standardized large animal model for controlled ICP manipulation within a relevant range and repetitive ICP measurements is missing. We sought to develop such a model on the base of controlled IPP changes induced by capnoperitoneum...
- The effect of endoscopic treatment on healing of anastomotic leaks after anterior resection of rectal cancerSascha Santosh Chopra
Department of Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Charite Campus Buch, Universitätsmedizin Berlin and Helios Hospital Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Surgery 145:182-8. 2009..We have analyzed the impact of endoscopic treatment on the outcome of patients with leaks after resection of rectal cancer...
- Evidence-based perioperative management: strategic shifts in times of fast track surgerySascha Santosh Chopra
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow Clinic, University Medicine Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Anticancer Res 29:2799-802. 2009..However, despite the evidence-based superiority, widespread implementation has not yet occurred. The aim of this review is to highlight and discuss current changes and to show future perspectives of perioperative treatment strategies...