Genomes and Genes
Karl Heinz Braunewell
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Intracellular neuronal calcium sensor (NCS) protein VILIP-1 modulates cGMP signalling pathways in transfected neural cells and cerebellar granule neuronesK H Braunewell
Signal Transduction Research Group, Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurochem 78:1277-86. 2001..Together with the observed colocalization of GC-B, but not GC-A, with VILIP-1 in cerebellar granule cells, these results suggest that VILIP-1 may be a physiological regulator of GC-B...
- Group I mGlu receptors regulate the expression of the neuronal calcium sensor protein VILIP-1 in vitro and in vivo: implications for mGlu receptor-dependent hippocampal plasticity?K H Braunewell
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center of the Charite, Humboldt University, Tucholskystr 2, D 10117, Berlin, Germany
Neuropharmacology 44:707-15. 2003..A specific role for group I mGlu receptors is evident. Furthermore, the sensor proteins may function as molecular switches for the long-term regulation of synaptic plasticity...
- The darker side of Ca2+ signaling by neuronal Ca2+-sensor proteins: from Alzheimer's disease to cancerKarl Heinz Braunewell
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center of the Charité Berlin, Tucholskystr 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Trends Pharmacol Sci 26:345-51. 2005....
- Reversible translocation and activity-dependent localization of the calcium-myristoyl switch protein VILIP-1 to different membrane compartments in living hippocampal neuronsChristina Spilker
Neuroscience Research Center Institute for Physiology of the Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Signal Transduction Research Group, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 22:7331-9. 2002....
- MGluRs regulate the expression of neuronal calcium sensor proteins NCS-1 and VILIP-1 and the immediate early gene arg3.1/arc in the hippocampus in vivoMarian Brackmann
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center of the Charite, Tucholskystrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:1073-9. 2004..Therefore, mGluRs at concentrations which induce synaptic plasticity regulate the expression of IEGs and NCS proteins in different time frames and thus contribute to late phases of synaptic plasticity...
- Neuronal Ca2+ sensor protein VILIP-1 affects cGMP signalling of guanylyl cyclase B by regulating clathrin-dependent receptor recycling in hippocampal neuronsMarian Brackmann
Signal Transduction Research Group, Charite, University Medicine, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Sci 118:2495-505. 2005..g. by influencing cGMP-signalling...
- Cellular and subcellular localization of the inhibitory glycine receptor in hippocampal neuronsMarian Brackmann
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center, Charite Berlin, Tucholskystrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:1137-42. 2004..On the subcellular level we found co-staining of GlyR and the presynaptic marker synapsin I. Furthermore, co-staining with GAD at synaptic terminals indicated partial co-localization of GABA- and glycine receptors...
- Calcium-myristoyl switch, subcellular localization, and calcium-dependent translocation of the neuronal calcium sensor protein VILIP-3, and comparison with VILIP-1 in hippocampal neuronsChristina Spilker
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center Institute for Physiology of the Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Tucholskystrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 24:766-78. 2003..Thus, VILIPs co-expressed in the same neuron show clear differences in calcium-dependent localization which may allow neurons a highly selective response to various calcium stimuli...
- Nicotine-induced Ca2+-myristoyl switch of neuronal Ca2+ sensor VILIP-1 in hippocampal neurons: a possible crosstalk mechanism for nicotinic receptorsCongjian Zhao
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:273-86. 2009..VILIP-1 might provide a novel functional crosstalk between alpha4- and alpha7-containing nAChRs...
- Expression analysis of members of the neuronal calcium sensor protein family: combining bioinformatics and Western blot analysisPaul Gierke
Signal Transduction Research Group, Charite Berlin, Tucholskystr 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:38-43. 2004....
- Implication of neuronal Ca2+ -sensor protein VILIP-1 in the glutamate hypothesis of schizophreniaPaul Gierke
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center, Charite, Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 32:162-75. 2008....
- Visinin-like protein 1 regulates natriuretic peptide receptor B in the heartJens Buttgereit
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, Campus Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
Regul Pept 161:51-7. 2010..In conclusion, VILIP-1 deficiency may be responsible for the reduced efficiency of the natriuretic peptide system in cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure and may therefore serve as pharmacological target...
- C-Type natriuretic peptide modulates pre- and postsynaptic properties in hippocampal area CA1 in vitroJochen Martin Decker
Institute for Neurophysiology, Johannes Müller Ctr of Physiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Tucholskystrasse 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:820-5. 2008..The observed pre-and postsynaptic effects after CNP stimulation of the cGMP pathway in hippocampal cell cultures may underlie the effect of the peptide hormone on LTP...
- Correlation of visinin-like-protein-1 expression with clinicopathological features in squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusCarla Wickborn
Signal Transduction Research Group, Neuroscience Research Center Institute for Physiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Mol Carcinog 45:572-81. 2006..The protein expression level significantly correlates with invasive features, such as depth of tumor invasion and local lymph node metastasis, but not with proliferation rate of tumor cells...
- Involvement of VILIP-1 (visinin-like protein) and opposite roles of cyclic AMP and GMP signaling in in vitro cell migration of murine skin squamous cell carcinomaKatharina Schönrath
Signal Transduction Research Group, Institute for Neurophysiology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Mol Carcinog 50:319-33. 2011....
- Visinin-like protein-1 is a potent inhibitor of cell adhesion and migration in squamous carcinoma cellsAnatilde M Gonzalez Guerrico
Department of Pathology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Oncogene 24:2307-16. 2005..Decreased or absent VILIP-1 expression in SCC cell subpopulations may lead to a more advanced malignant phenotype characterized by changes in adhesive ability and increased cell motility, suggestive of a tumor suppressor function...
- The metabotropic glutamate receptor, mGluR5, is a key determinant of good and bad spatial learning performance and hippocampal synaptic plasticityDenise Manahan-Vaughan
Learning and Memory Research, International Graduate School for Neuroscience, Ruhr University Bochum, FNO 1 116, Universitaetsstrasse 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Cereb Cortex 15:1703-13. 2005..MGluR1 expression was equivalent. These data reveal striking mGluR5-dependent differences in spatial learning in different rat strains, which correlate to synaptic plasticity and mGluR5 expression levels...
- Overexpression of the calcium sensor visinin-like protein-1 leads to a cAMP-mediated decrease of in vivo and in vitro growth and invasiveness of squamous cell carcinoma cellsHaleh Mahloogi
Department of Pathology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 63:4997-5004. 2003..These results indicate that VILIP-1 plays an important role in regulating tumor cell invasiveness and that its loss could aid in enhancing the advanced malignant phenotype...
- Brain region-specific changes in the expression of calcium sensor proteins after repeated applications of ketamine to ratsHans Gert Bernstein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 339:95-8. 2003..G., Braunewell, K.-H., Spilker, C., Danos, P., Baumann, B., Funke, S., Diekmann, S., Gundelfinger, E.D. and Bogerts, B., NeuroReport, 13 (2002) 393-396]...
- The calcium sensor protein visinin-like protein-1 modulates the surface expression and agonist sensitivity of the alpha 4beta 2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptorLin Lin
Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana, New Orleans 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41872-8. 2002..Collectively, these results suggest that VILIP-1 represents a novel modulator of alpha4beta2 AChRs that increases their surface expression levels and agonist sensitivity in response to changes in the intracellular levels of calcium...
- Functional analysis of calcium-binding EF-hand motifs of visinin-like protein-1Lin Lin
Neuroscience Center of Excellence, 2020 Gravier Street, Suite D, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:827-32. 2002..These results show that the calcium-binding EF-hand motifs of VILIP-1 do not have an essential role in modulating adenylyl cyclase activity but instead have a structural role in activating the "calcium-myristoyl switch" of VILIP-1...
- Hippocampal expression of the calcium sensor protein visinin-like protein-1 in schizophreniaHans Gert Bernstein
Department of Psychiatry of the University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120, Germany
Neuroreport 13:393-6. 2002..In schizophrenics fewer pyramidal cells but more interneurons were immunostained. Our data point to an involvement of the protein in the altered hippocampal circuitry in schizophrenia...
- Expression of visinin-like protein-3 in mouse kidneySandra Pribanic
Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nephron Physiol 95:p76-82. 2003..In addition VILIP-3 was observed in the brush borders of proximal tubular S1 and S3 segments of both superficial and deep nephrons...
- The neuronal Ca2+ sensor protein visinin-like protein-1 is expressed in pancreatic islets and regulates insulin secretionFeihan F Dai
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:21942-53. 2006..Increased VILIP-1 enhanced insulin secretion in a cAMP-associated manner. Down-regulation of VILIP-1 was accompanied by decreased cAMP accumulation but increased insulin gene transcription...
- VILIP-1 downregulation in non-small cell lung carcinomas: mechanisms and prediction of survivalJian Fu
Department of Pathology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1698. 2008....