Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Human skeletal muscle structure and function preserved by vibration muscle exercise following 55 days of bed restDieter Blottner
Department of Vegetative Anatomy, Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Appl Physiol 97:261-71. 2006..Daily short RVE should be employed as an effective atrophy countermeasure co-protocol preferentially addressing postural calf muscles during prolonged clinical immobilization or long-term human space missions...
- Morphological, physiological and behavioural evaluation of a 'Mice in Space' housing systemDieter Blottner
Vegetative Anatomy, Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Freie und Humboldt Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Comp Physiol B 179:519-33. 2009..Our results may be even more helpful in developing multidisciplinary protocols with adequate scenarios addressing molecular to systems levels using mice of various genetic phenotypes in many laboratories...
- Gene Expression Profiling in Slow-Type Calf Soleus Muscle of 30 Days Space-Flown MiceGuido Gambara
Center for Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 12:e0169314. 2017....
- Nitrosative stress in human skeletal muscle attenuated by exercise countermeasure after chronic disuseMichele Salanova
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Center for Space Medicine Berlin ZWMB Germany Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Department of Anatomy, Neuromuscular Group, Berlin, Germany
Redox Biol 1:514-26. 2013..Our findings suggest that aberrant levels of functional SNO-proteins represent signatures of uncontrolled nitrosative stress management in disused human skeletal muscle that can be offset by exercise as countermeasure. ..
- Differential expression of nitric oxide synthases (NOS 1-3) in human skeletal muscle following exercise countermeasure during 12 weeks of bed restJana Rudnick
Department of Anatomy, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 18:1228-30. 2004....
- Vibration mechanosignals superimposed to resistive exercise result in baseline skeletal muscle transcriptome profiles following chronic disuse in bed restMichele Salanova
Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular System, Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Sci Rep 5:17027. 2015..This new finding highlights the efficacy of RVE protocol in reducing key signs of disuse maladaptation and atrophy, and to maintain a close-to-normal skeletal muscle quality outcome following chronic disuse in bed rest. ..
- Ryanodine receptor type-1 (RyR1) expression and protein S-nitrosylation pattern in human soleus myofibres following bed rest and exercise countermeasureMichele Salanova
Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 130:105-18. 2008..We conclude that following extended body deconditioning in bed rest, RVE countermeasure maintained normal RyR1 expression and nitrosylation patterns required for adequate E-CC in human performance control...
- Expression and regulation of Homer in human skeletal muscle during neuromuscular junction adaptation to disuse and exerciseMichele Salanova
Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Philippstrasse 12, 10115, Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 25:4312-25. 2011..Homer2 is localized at the NMJ and is part of the calcineurin-NFATc1 signaling pathway. RVE has additional benefit over RE as countermeasure preventing disuse-induced neuromuscular maladaptation during bedrest...
- Atypical fast SERCA1a protein expression in slow myofibers and differential S-nitrosylation prevented by exercise during long term bed restMichele Salanova
Department of Vegetative Anatomy, Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, Berlin 14195, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 132:383-94. 2009..Exercise preserved myofiber type-specific SERCA1a expression and S-nitrosylation in VL and SOL in a different way, suggesting muscle-specific responses to the countermeasure protocol applied during bed rest...
- Homer protein family regulation in skeletal muscle and neuromuscular adaptationMichele Salanova
Department of Vegetative Anatomy and Center of Space Medicine Berlin ZWMB, Neuromuscular Group, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
IUBMB Life 65:769-76. 2013....
- Increased myofiber remodelling and NFATc1-myonuclear translocation in rat postural skeletal muscle after experimental vestibular deafferentationNicholas Luxa
Department of Vegetative Anatomy, Neuromuscular Group, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany Center for Space Medicine Berlin ZWMB, Berlin, Germany
J Vestib Res 23:187-93. 2013..This is paralleled by microgravity-induced muscle atrophy . However, the possibility of vestibulo-autonomic regulatory mechanisms affecting skeletal muscle structure and function have not yet been addressed...
- Disuse deterioration of human skeletal muscle challenged by resistive exercise superimposed with vibration: evidence from structural and proteomic analysisMichele Salanova
Center of Space Medicine Berlin, Neuromuscular Group, Institute of Anatomy, and
FASEB J 28:4748-63. 2014..RVE appears to be a highly efficient countermeasure protocol against muscle atrophy and ultrastructural and molecular dysregulation induced by chronic disuse...
- Renal Na+-K+-Cl- cotransporter activity and vasopressin-induced trafficking are lipid raft-dependentPia Welker
Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Philippstrasse 12, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F789-802. 2008..Results are consistent with a model in which LR mediate polar insertion, activity, and AVP-induced trafficking of NKCC2 in the control of transepithelial NaCl transport...
- Neuromuscular contacts induce nitric oxide signals in skeletal myotubes in vitroBritta Püttmann
Neurobiology and Neuromuscular Working Group, Institute of Anatomy, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Neurosignals 14:85-95. 2005..Endogenous NO signaling in myotubes may be essential during synapse formation and plasticity of the neuromuscular system...
- Characterization of auricular chondrocytes and auricular/articular chondrocyte co-cultures in terms of an application in articular cartilage repairMaren Kuhne
Department for Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Charité University of Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12207 Berlin, Germany
Int J Mol Med 25:701-8. 2010..Both chondrocyte types survived in co-culture. Despite their differing expression profiles, co-cultures revealed some adjustment in the ECM expression of both chondrocyte types...