Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Steele-Richardson-Olszewski-syndrome: reduction of dopamine D2 receptor binding relates to the severity of midbrain atrophy in vivo: (123)IBZM SPECT and MRI studyGuy Arnold
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Mov Disord 17:557-62. 2002..010) either in all 13 patients or in those without striatal or white matter lesions (P = 0.015). We suggest that technical investigations, mainly MRI, are able to corroborate the in vivo diagnosis, if PSP is clinically suspected...
- High doses of pergolide improve clinical global impression in advanced Parkinson's disease:- a preliminary open label studyGuy Arnold
Department of Neurology, Charite, University Hospital Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 41:239-53. 2005..A possible relationship to the study medication was assumed for two serious adverse events reporting psychosis. We conclude that high doses of pergolide are efficacious in advanced stages of PD if given in appropriate regimens...
- [Inhibition of catechol-O-methyltransferase. Optimizing dopaminergic therapy in idiopathic Parkinson syndrome with entacapone]G Arnold
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat Berlin
Nervenarzt 71:78-83. 2000..We review data, especially on the remaining COMT inhibitor, entacapone, with regard to pre-clinical and clinical efficacy and safety...
- Pergolide versus levodopa monotherapy in early Parkinson's disease patients: The PELMOPET studyWolfgang H Oertel
Department of Neurology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Mov Disord 21:343-53. 2006..In principle, both levodopa and a dopamine agonist such as pergolide seem to be suitable options as initial PD therapy. The choice remains with the treating physician based on the different efficacy and adverse event profiles...
- Cluster-like headache time-locked to the menstrual cycleGabor C Petzold
Department of Neurology, Charite Hospital, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 60:1049. 2003
- Deep brain stimulation in dystoniaAndreas Kupsch
Dept of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol 250:I47-52. 2003..Furthermore, the optimal target for different dystonic disorders remains to be determined, although the globus pallidus internus has currently emerged as the most promising target for dystonia...
- A fluorescence-based method to assess plasma protein extravasation in rat dura mater using confocal laser scanning microscopySigrid Schuh-Hofer
Department of Experimental Neurology, Humboldt University Berlin Charité, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 12:77-82. 2003..Our results are in accordance with previous reports in the literature using the radioactive approach. We conclude that CLSM is a safe, sensitive, and reliable method to assess PPE in rat meninges in an experimental migaine model...
- The effects of frequency in pallidal deep brain stimulation for primary dystoniaA Kupsch
Dept of Neurology, Charite, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol 250:1201-5. 2003..Compared with 130 Hz a significant further clinical improvement was observed at frequencies of 180 and 250 Hz, which contrasted with a significant deterioration at lower frequencies (5, 50 Hz) compared to 130 Hz...
- Combined 123I-FP-CIT and 123I-IBZM SPECT for the diagnosis of parkinsonian syndromes: study on 72 patientsM Plotkin
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
J Neural Transm 112:677-92. 2005..IBZM SPECT is useful to approve the diagnosis of PSP and MSA although a normal finding cannot exclude an atypical PS. IBZM SPECT seems to be of restricted value in CBD...
- Monozygotic twin sisters suffering from cluster headache and migraine without auraS Schuh-Hofer
Department of Neurology, Humboldt University Berlin Charité, Germany
Neurology 60:1864-5. 2003
- Sympathetic activation due to deep brain stimulation in the region of the STNA Lipp
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 65:774-5. 2005
- Ischaemia triggered by spreading neuronal activation is inhibited by vasodilators in ratsJ P Dreier
Department of Experimental Neurology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
J Physiol 531:515-26. 2001..Speculatively, this pathogenetic process could be involved in migraine-induced stroke...
- The interrelations of migraine, vertigo, and migrainous vertigoH Neuhauser
Neurologische Klinik, Charite, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 56:436-41. 2001..To assess the prevalence of migrainous vertigo in patients with migraine and in patients with vertigo according to explicit diagnostic criteria that are presented for discussion...
- Relative quantification of signal on T2-weighted images in the basal ganglia: limited value in differential diagnosis of patients with parkinsonismJ Schwarz
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Neuroradiology 41:124-8. 1999..However, this method does not exclude idiopathic parkinsonism in a given patient...
- The use of radiolabelled human serum albumin and SPECT/MRI co-registration to study inflammation in the cavernous sinus of cluster headache patientsS Schuh-Hofer
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cephalalgia 26:1115-22. 2006..There was no evidence for 99mTc-HSA extravasation in the cavernous sinus during the active episode as compared with the remission phase. Our results do not support the hypothesis of an inflammation in the cavernous sinus...
- [Migrainous vertigo]M von Brevern
Neurologische Klinik, Campus Virchow Klinkum der Charité Berlin
Schmerz 18:411-4. 2004..We propose that the diagnosis of definite migrainous vertigo can be made in a patient with migraine according to the IHS with at least two attacks of vestibular vertigo accompanied by migrainous symptoms when other causes are excluded...
- Effect of hyperoxia on neurogenic plasma protein extravasation in the rat dura materSigrid Schuh-Hofer
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Headache 46:1545-51. 2006..We aimed to study the effect of normobaric hyperoxia on neurogenic inflammation of the rat dura mater...
- 3H-spiperone binding to lymphocytes fails in the differential diagnosis of de novo Parkinson syndromesG Arnold
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Federal Republic of Germany
J Neural Transm Park Dis Dement Sect 5:107-16. 1993..It is concluded that at present 3H-spiperone binding gives no further information in the differential diagnosis of de novo Parkinson's disease...
- Subthalamic stimulation differentially modulates declarative and nondeclarative memoryThomas D Hälbig
Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Neuroreport 15:539-43. 2004....
- Egocentric and allocentric spatial memory in idiopathic cervical dystoniaChristoph J Ploner
Klinik fur Neurologie, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 64:1733-8. 2005..To investigate whether impaired spatial memory contributes to cognitive deficits in idiopathic cervical dystonia (ICD)...
- A randomized trial of botulinum toxin A for treatment of droolingA Lipp
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 61:1279-81. 2003..The primary endpoint was achieved with 75 MU BTX-A without treatment-related adverse events, suggesting BTX-A is a safe and effective treatment for patients with sialorrhea...
- Perivascular nerves contribute to cortical spreading depression-associated hyperemia in ratsU Reuter
Department of Neurology, Charite Hospital, Humboldt University, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol 274:H1979-87. 1998..We conclude that CSD-associated hyperperfusion is mediated in part by a depolarization of trigeminal sensory and parasympathetic nerve fibers, resulting in a release of vasoactive trigeminal and parasympathetic neurotransmitters...
- Preventive antibacterial therapy in acute ischemic stroke: a randomized controlled trialHendrik Harms
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2158. 2008..In this study we investigate whether this approach is effective in stroke patients...
- Migraine with aura shows gadolinium enhancement which is reversed following prophylactic treatmentG Arnold
Department of Neurology, Humboldt Universitat, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Cephalalgia 18:644-6. 1998..The migraine attacks and Gd-DTPA enhancement were reversible during prophylactic treatment with flunarizine...
- Neurostimulation of the ventral intermediate thalamic nucleus in inherited myoclonus-dystonia syndromeT Trottenberg
Department of Neurology, Humboldt-University, , Berlin, Germany
Mov Disord 16:769-71. 2001..This suggests that neurostimulation of the VIM may be an effective treatment for myoclonus in pharmacologically intractable IMDS...
- Osmosensitive mechanisms contribute to the water drinking-induced pressor response in humansA Lipp
Department of Neurology, Medical University Charité, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 65:905-7. 2005..We reasoned that gastrointestinal distention, hyposomotic stimulation, or both contribute to the water-induced pressor response...
- CGRP release and c-fos expression within trigeminal nucleus caudalis of the rat following glyceryltrinitrate infusionN Offenhauser
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cephalalgia 25:225-36. 2005..Both GTN and L-NAME reduced capsaicin-induced c-fos LI. This is most likely due to a feedback inhibition of nitric oxide synthases, which indicates that the c-fos response to capsaicin within TNC is mediated by NO dependent mechanisms...
- Effects of aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole versus clopidogrel and telmisartan on disability and cognitive function after recurrent stroke in patients with ischaemic stroke in the Prevention Regimen for Effectively Avoiding Second Strokes (PRoFEHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 7:875-84. 2008..The putative neuroprotective effects of antiplatelet compounds and the angiotensin II receptor antagonist telmisartan were investigated in the Prevention Regimen for Effectively Avoiding Second Strokes (PRoFESS) trial...
- Increased serotonin transporter availability in the brainstem of migraineursSigrid Schuh-Hofer
Dept of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Neurol 254:789-96. 2007..It remains to be elucidated whether the altered SERT-availability is causally related to migraine pathophysiology or whether it reflects secondary pathophysiological mechanisms...
- Effects of parecoxib on plasma protein extravasation and c-fos expression in the ratSigrid Schuh-Hofer
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Headache 46:276-85. 2006..Background.-Recent reports about the efficacy of COX-2 inhibitors in migraine treatment suggest the involvement of COX-2 in migraine pathophysiology. So far, studies on the role of COX-2 in animal models of migraine are lacking...
- Treatment of acute cluster headache with 20 mg sumatriptan nasal spray--an open pilot studySigrid Schuh-Hofer
Dept of Neurology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
J Neurol 249:94-9. 2002..We conclude that 20 mg sumatriptan nasal spray might be an alternative therapy for the treatment of cluster headache attacks, but double-blind studies are needed to further evaluate its efficacy...