Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Response to preoperative chemotherapy predicts survival in patients undergoing hepatectomy for liver metastases from gastric and esophageal cancerAndreas Andreou
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 18:1974-86. 2014..The role of hepatectomy for patients with liver metastases from gastric and esophageal cancer (GELM) is not well defined. The present study examined the morbidity, mortality, and long-term survivals after liver resection for GELM...
- [Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy and en bloc resection of the celiac trunk for locally advanced cancer of the pancreatic body with infiltration of the celiac trunk]Andreas Andreou
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Visceral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:227-31. 2010..Distal pancreatectomy with resection of the celiac trunk was described as a new concept for the curative treatment of these tumors...
- Distal pancreatectomy with en bloc resection of the celiac trunk for extended pancreatic tumor disease: an interdisciplinary approachTimm Denecke
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:1058-64. 2011..We describe initial experiences in a small series of patients with left celiacopancreatectomy with or without angiographic preconditioning of arterial blood flow to the stomach and the liver...
- Gender Matches in Liver Transplant Allocation: Matched and Mismatched Male-Female Donor-Recipient Combinations; Long-term Follow-up of More Than 2000 Patients at a Single CenterWenzel N Schoening
From the Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany and the Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Exp Clin Transplant 14:184-90. 2016..In this study, our aim was to characterize the differences in long-term graft outcome after liver transplant in more than 2000 cases with special regard to sex match and mismatch...
- Cardiovascular risk and events after liver transplantation. Experiences from 313 consecutive transplants with a follow-up of 20 yearsWenzel Schoening
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Clin Transplant 29:343-50. 2015..5-8.57; females o: 2; e: 1.2-4.46). New PROCAM sufficiently estimates cardiovascular risk after LT, while overestimation in T1-T2 may be due to strict surveillance. ..
- Preoperative multidetector row computed tomography for evaluation and assessment of resection criteria in patients with pancreatic massesChristian Grieser
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charit é Universit ä tsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 51:1067-77. 2010..The opportunities of modern multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) with image postprocessing can be expected to enhance the diagnostic performance if accurate criteria are elaborated...
- Safety of pancreatic surgery in patients with simultaneous liver cirrhosis: a single center experiencePeter Warnick
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Pancreatology 11:24-9. 2011..We therefore investigated the impact of an additional liver function disorder on the postoperative outcome using a case-control study of patients with or without liver cirrhosis who underwent pancreatic surgery at our department...
- Patient and tumour biology predict survival beyond the Milan criteria in liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaAndreas Andreou
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Charite, Berlin, Germany
HPB (Oxford) 17:168-75. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess the role of recipient age and tumour biology expressed by the DNA index in the selection of HCC patients for LT...
- Matched-pair analysis of postoperative morbidity and mortality for pancreaticogastrostomy and pancreaticojejunostomy using mattress sutures in soft pancreatic tissue remnantsFritz Klein
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 11:89-95. 2012..This study aimed to compare the postoperative morbidity and mortality of pancreaticogastrostomy and pancreaticojejunostomy for "soft" pancreatic tissue remnants using modified mattress sutures...
- Implantation of a Tissue-Engineered Neo-Bile Duct in Domestic PigsBenjamin Struecker
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charitx00E9 Universitx00E4 tsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur Surg Res 56:61-75. 2016..In the case of inherent extrahepatic biliary atresia or during liver transplant, artificial or engineered bile ducts could allow novel surgical strategies without the need for hepaticojejunostomy...