Christoph Heinrich Houben
- Irreducible inguinal hernia in children: how serious is it?Christoph Heinrich Houben
Division of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 50:1174-6. 2015..We evaluated the experience with irreducible inguinal hernias at our institution...
- Malaria prevalence in north-eastern Nigeria: a cross-sectional studyC H Houben
Diagnostic Center MMM group and Specialist Hospital Yola, Hospital Road, P M B 2266, Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria Electronic address
Asian Pac J Trop Med 6:865-8. 2013..To assess the prevalence of malaria parasitemia in north-east Nigeria and to evaluate the measures for the prevention of malaria...
- Hitching the gallbladder in laparoscopic-assisted cholecysto-cholangiography: a simple techniqueC H Houben
Division of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Pediatr Surg Int 29:953-5. 2013..Two cases required suturing of a bile leak at the puncture site. Hitching the gallbladder to the lateral abdominal wall is a simple method allowing an optimal radiographic assessment of the extra- and intra-hepatic bile duct anatomy...
- Segmental infarction of the omentum: a difficult diagnosisC H Houben
The Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Pediatr Surg 13:57-9. 2003..Segmental infarction of the greater omentum is a rare diagnosis. This report describes a case of omental torsion in an eight-year-old boy. The report assesses the predisposing factors, the classification and the place of ultrasonography...
- Closing gastroschisis: diagnosis, management, and outcomesChris Houben
Department of Paediatric Surgery, King s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Surg 44:343-7. 2009..We now report the largest series of infants born with various stages of closing GS describing features, management, and outcome...
- Duodenal ulcers dominate acute upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding in childhood: a 10-year experience from Hong KongChristoph Heinrich Houben
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Dig Dis 9:199-203. 2008..Systematic reports on acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding in children/adolescents are scanty. The aim of this study is to analyze its presentation, pathology and outcome in Hong Kong...
- Gastroschisis closure: a technique for improved cosmetic repairChristoph Heinrich Houben
Department of Paediatric Surgery, King s College Hospital, 4th Floor Golden Jubilee Wing Rm 007 Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 24:1057-60. 2008..A technique for surgical closure of the abdominal wall defect is described which allows for an almost scarless appearance of the abdominal surface with preservation of a midline umbilicus...
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty in recurrent necrotizing enterocolitis--a case reportChristoph Heinrich Houben
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital, WC1N 3JH London, UK
J Pediatr Surg 43:559-61. 2008..Angioplasty is technically feasible in the neonate and may be a treatment option in recurrent NEC associated with visceral arterial stenosis...
- Antenatal ovarian torsion: a "free-floating" cystC H Houben
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Ultraschall Med 29:311-3. 2008..The differential diagnosis of antenatally diagnosed abdominal cysts is discussed and the surgical management outlined...
- Exomphalos major suspension: a novel techniqueC H Houben
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 24:355-6. 2008..The exomphalos was vertically stabilized by means of a novel technique prior to the application of a silo and formal closure. The technique is described and compared with others...
- Familial extrarenal Wilms tumorChris H Houben
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong
J Pediatr Surg 42:1826-30. 2007..This study aimed to illustrate the first report of extrarenal Wilms tumor occurring in a family...
- Preoperative endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatographic treatment of complicated choledochal cysts in children: a retrospective case seriesC H Houben
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin NT, Hong Kong
Endoscopy 39:836-9. 2007..The patient in whom the ERCP failed underwent ultrasound-guided percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage. Definitive surgery was performed after a median interval of 10 days (range 7-68 days) after the ERCP intervention...
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the bladder in children: what can be expected?C H Houben
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong
Pediatr Surg Int 23:815-9. 2007..Conservative surgery is the strategy of choice. There is no evidence of recurrence or metastasis at a median follow up of 1.5 years...
- A hepaticojejunostomy: technical errors with 'twists and turns'C H Houben
Division of Paediatric Surgery and Urology, Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 4 F Clinical Science Building, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong SAR, China
Pediatr Surg Int 22:841-4. 2006..Conventional imaging modalities failed to identify the pathology. Only a contrast enhanced CT scan supported by image rendering software allowed for the visualization of the underlying chronic obstruction of part of the mesentery...
- Management of Intestinal Strictures Post Conservative Treatment of Necrotizing Enterocolitis: The Long Term OutcomeChristoph Heinrich Houben
Division of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
J Neonatal Surg 5:28. 2016..Evaluating the long-term outcome of the surgical management for intestinal strictures developing after necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Malrotation volvulus in a neonate: a novel surgical approachC H Houben
Department of Paediatric Surgery, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London, SW, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 22:393-4. 2006..Further exploration showed that 40 cm of small bowel had survived intact and restorative surgery was carried out. Parenteral nutrition was discontinued after 9 months and the child, now aged 3.5 years, is thriving...
- Spontaneous Intestinal Perforation: The Long-Term OutcomeChristoph Heinrich Houben
Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Eur J Pediatr Surg . 2016..Moderate to severe neurologic disabilities are seen in more than a quarter of the children. Disability and mortality affect mostly the male sex. Long-term risks of surgical complications are very low...
- What is the role of laparoscopic surgery in intussusception?Christoph Heinrich Houben
Division of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
ANZ J Surg 86:504-8. 2016..Assessing the role of laparoscopy in the management of intussusception...
- Current status of prenatal diagnosis, operative management and outcome of esophageal atresia/tracheo-esophageal fistulaC H Houben
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Hospitals for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Prenat Diagn 28:667-75. 2008..Corrective surgery for EA/TEF is well established and survival rates of over 90% can be expected...
- Pseudosarcomatous myofibroblastic proliferations of the bladder: a clinicopathologic study of 42 casesChristoph Heinrich Houben
Am J Surg Pathol 31:642; author reply 642. 2007