R G Holzheimer
- Pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine-response in abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: a clinical model of ischemia-reperfusionR G Holzheimer
Department of General Surgery, University of Halle, Germany
Shock 11:305-10. 1999..Such responses to trauma and ischemia-reperfusion need to be further investigated before attempting immunomodulation...
- First results of Lichtenstein hernia repair with Ultrapro-mesh as cost saving procedure--quality control combined with a modified quality of life questionnaire (SF-36) in a series of ambulatory operated patientsRene G Holzheimer
University of Halle Wittenberg, Blombergstrasse 5, D 82054 Sauerlach, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:323-7. 2004..If in Germany an equal proportion of hernia repair as in the United States would be done as ambulatory procedure (80-90%), there would be an annual cost saving of several hundred million Euro...
- Low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) in the treatment of thrombosisRene G Holzheimer
University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:225-39. 2004..Most studies were performed with dalteparin, enoxaparin and nadroparin. There is evidence that LMWHs may help to prolong survival in cancer patients and to avoid complications of the acute coronary syndrome...
- Prophylaxis of thrombosis with low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH)Rene G Holzheimer
Blombergstr 5, D 82054 Sauerlach Munich South, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:150-70. 2004..Board.com's on-line questionnaire and have a personal injury lawyer review your potential personal injury claim -- free of charge.". The medico legal implications of antithrombotic prophylaxis and treatment are well recognized...
- Lunar phase does not influence surgical qualityRene Gordon Holzheimer
Blombergstr 5, D 82054 Sauerlach Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 8:414-8. 2003..To our knowledge the effect of lunar phase has not been studied in ambulatory surgery...
- Inguinal hernia and concomitant varicocele mimicking mesh complicationRene G Holzheimer
Center for Short Stay Surgery, Munich Sauerlach, Germany
Eur J Med Res 8:254-6. 2003..We present a case of inguinal hernia with mesh implantation and concomitant varicocele as an example for mesh-unrelated postherniorrhaphy pain...
- Oral antibiotic prophylaxis can influence the inflammatory response in aortic aneurysm repair: results of a randomized clinical studyR G Holzheimer
Medical Faculty, Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Germany
J Chemother 15:157-64. 2003..Oral ofloxacin prophylaxis may influence the ENC and IL-6 plasma levels but had no effect on complications, endotoxin and other inflammatory mediators...
- Re-operation for complicated secondary peritonitis - how to identify patients at risk for persistent sepsisR G Holzheimer
Department of Surgery, University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 8:125-34. 2003..There is an ongoing dispute on the benefit of planned relaparotomy for patients with diffuse peritonitis...
- Management of mycoses in surgical patients -- review of the literatureRene G Holzheimer
Department of Surgery, Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 7:200-26. 2002..Newer azoles, e.g. voriconazole, demonstrated stable activity against most of these strains and may offer an option in the treatment of refractory fungal infections...
- Antibiotic induced endotoxin release and clinical sepsis: a reviewR G Holzheimer
Department of Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
J Chemother 13:159-72. 2001..g., failure of source control in intra-abdominal infection, or a side effect of antibiotic treatment, e.g., endotoxin release, should be considered as a cause of the fever...
- Antibiotic therapy in intra-abdominal infections--a review on randomised clinical trialsR G Holzheimer
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenburg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 6:277-91. 2001..The clinical success rate of the best-studied antibiotics is similar and the choice which antibiotic is used depends on the expected pathogens and the resistance rate in a clinical setting...
- Local and systemic concentrations of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in human woundsR G Holzheimer
Med Faculty Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Wallbergstr 15a, D 82054 Sauerlach, Germany
Eur J Med Res 5:347-55. 2000..The objective was to characterize the pattern of local-tissue and systemic peri-and postoperative dynamics of cytokines and growth factors in a clinical model of a controlled and comparable operative plastic surgery trauma...
- Immunological surrogate parameters in a prognostic model for multi-organ failure and deathR G Holzheimer
Medical Faculty University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 5:283-94. 2000..To assess the ability of clinical or biochemical parameters to predict outcome (survival or non-survival; severe or moderate/no complication) using multiple regression analyses...
- Laparoscopic procedures as a risk factor of deep venous thrombosis, superficial ascending thrombophlebitis and pulmonary embolism--case report and review of the literatureR G Holzheimer
Ambulatory Surgery Sauerlach, Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:417-22. 2004..In many patients venous thrombosis may not be recognized or it appears when the patient is already discharged...
- IgM-enriched immunoglobulin preparation for immunoprophylaxis in cardiac surgeryIvar Friedrich
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Saale, Germany
Eur J Med Res 7:544-9. 2002..Evaluating the effects of prophylactic administration of IgM-enriched immunoglobulins (IVIG) on immunological- and clinical parameters in cardiac surgical patients...
- Association of low preoperative serum albumin concentrations and the acute phase responseW Haupt
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nueremberg, Germany
Eur J Surg 165:307-13. 1999..To investigate the incidence of a preoperative acute phase response and its association with low albumin concentrations...