Genomes and Genes
- Genes and lifestyle factors in obesity: results from 12,462 subjects from MONICA/KORAC Holzapfel
Else Kroner Fresenius Center for Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:1538-45. 2010..It was consecutively hypothesized that these associations might be evoked by a modulation of nutritional intake or energy expenditure...
- Effects of smoking and smoking cessation on human serum metabolite profile: results from the KORA cohort studyTao Xu
Research Unit of Molecular Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
BMC Med 11:60. 2013..Here, we extend our metabolomics study with a large prospective study including female smokers and quitters...
- Association of a MTNR1B gene variant with fasting glucose and HOMA-B in children and adolescents with high BMI-SDSChristina Holzapfel
Else Kroener Fresenius Centre for Nutritional Medicine, University Hospital Klinikum rechts der Isar, Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 164:205-12. 2011..However, data are rather limited to the adult population and normal-weight children. So far, little is known whether similar associations are present in overweight and obese children and adolescents...
- First investigation of two obesity-related loci (TMEM18, FTO) concerning their association with educational level as well as income: the MONICA/KORA studyChristina Holzapfel
Else Kröner Fresenius Centre for Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:174-6. 2011....
- One-Year Weight Loss with a Telephone-Based Lifestyle ProgramChristina Holzapfel
Else Kroener Fresenius Center for Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, University Hospital Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Obes Facts 9:230-40. 2016..Therefore, we evaluated a telephone-based lifestyle program in a real-world setting...