- [Classification of chronic pain. Quantification and grading with the Mainz Pain Staging System]M Pfingsten
Ambulanz für Schmerzbehandlung, Schwerpunkt Algesiologie, Zentrum Anaesthesiologie, Rettungs und Intensivmedizin, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Schmerz 14:10-7. 2000..The resulting score is used to classify the pain problem in three stages (I, II, III). Analysing the broader validity and parametric properties of the staging system is the purpose of the present study...
- Validation of the German version of the Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ)M Pfingsten
Department of Algesiology, Center of Anesthesiology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Pain 4:259-66. 2000..The FABQ has been proven to identify patients with maladaptive beliefs which have to be focused on in proper treatment...
- [Relevance of nerve blocks in treating and diagnosing low back pain--is the quality decisive?]J Hildebrandt
Schwerpunkt Algesiologie, Zentrum Anasthesiologie, Rettungs und Intensivmedizin, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Schmerz 15:474-83. 2001..In our hands there was no effect in chronic radicular pain 3 months after the injection...
- [Lifting capacity with low back pain : Discrepancy between self-rated and real lifting capacity in patients with back pain and pain-free controls]M Pfingsten
Schmerz Tagesklinik und Ambulanz, Zentrum Anaesthesiologie, Rettungs und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37085, Gottingen, Deutschland
Schmerz 25:668-75. 2011..The fear-avoidance model implies that in situations with physical demands patients with back pain will overestimate the demand and underestimate their own capacities...
- Fear-avoidance behavior and anticipation of pain in patients with chronic low back pain: a randomized controlled studyM Pfingsten
Department of Algesiology, Center of Anesthesiology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Pain Med 2:259-66. 2001..In a randomized controlled study, we investigated whether pain anticipation and fear-avoidance beliefs will lead to behavioral avoidance...
- Prediction of success from a multidisciplinary treatment program for chronic low back painJ Hildebrandt
Department of Algesiology, , FRG, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:990-1001. 1997..CONCLUSION: This study has demonstrated that the most important variable in determining a successful treatment of chronic low back pain is the reduction of subjective feelings of disability in patients...
- [Treatment of chronic low back pain through intensive activation - an assessment of 10 years]M Pfingsten
, Schwerpunkt Algesiologie, Zentrum Anaesthesiologie, Rettungs- und Intensivmedizin,
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 36:580-9. 2001..Up to now in Germany these concepts are not well-known and insurance companies as well as the health system do not yet acknowledge them...
- [Does unspecific low back pain really exist?]J Hildebrandt
Schwerpunkt Algesiologie, Klinikum der Georg August Universität Göttingen
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 142:139-45. 2004....
- [From GRIP to multimodal pain therapy. A concept asserts itself]J Hildebrandt
Schmerztagesklinik und Ambulanz im Zentrum Anästhesiologie, Rettungs und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, 37075, Gottingen, Deutschland
Orthopade 38:885-6, 888-90, 892-5. 2009..Meanwhile, this treatment has now been recommended by all evidence-based guidelines but we are still in the beginning of a full coverage care in Germany...
- [Musculature as a source of back pain]J Hildebrandt
Schwerpunkt Algesiologie, Zentrum Anästhesie, Rettungs und Intensivmedizin, Universitätsklinik Göttingen
Schmerz 17:412-8. 2003..On this basis, treatment of CLBP with active rehabilitation, which includes educational, psychological, and social components along with the therapeutic exercises, has been increasingly advocated during recent years...
- [Psychometric properties of the pain drawing and the Ransford technique in patients with chronic low back pain]M Pfingsten
Ambulanz für Schmerzbehandlung, Zentrum Anasthesiologie, Rettungs und Intensivmedizin, Klinikum der Georg August Universität
Schmerz 17:332-40. 2003..It has been suggested that this method could be used as a brief screening technique for psychological involvement in pain complaints...
- Back pain, the uncomfortable truth - assurance and activity problemS J Bigos
Department of Orthopedics, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, USA
Schmerz 15:430-4. 2001....
- Chapter 4. European guidelines for the management of chronic nonspecific low back painO Airaksinen
Eur Spine J 15:S192-300. 2006