- [HCV reinfection after liver transplantation - management and first experiences with telaprevir-based triple therapy]K Herzer
Klinik für Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Medizinisches Zentrum, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 138:1759-64. 2013..We report our first experiences with TVR-based triple therapy in patients with GT1-reinfection of the graft...
- Deficiency of the promyelocytic leukemia protein fosters hepatitis C-associated hepatocarcinogenesis in miceKerstin Herzer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44474. 2012..In conclusion, this study provides first in vivo evidence that the tumor suppressor PML acts as an important barrier in liver carcinogenesis and HCV-dependent liver pathology...
- [Pulmonary affection in advanced liver disease - hepatepulonary syndrome and portopulmonary hypertension]Kerstin Herzer
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Essen, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:916-23. 2010..Therefore, these diseases are separate entities also when it comes to diagnostics and therapy...
- Expression of apoptosis- and vitamin D pathway-related genes in hepatocellular carcinomaChristian D Fingas
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital, University Duisburg Essen, Germany
Digestion 87:176-81. 2013..In this pilot study, we further examined apoptosis-related genes in human HCC and also focused on vitamin D signaling as this might be a regulator of HCC cell apoptosis...
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease progresses to hepatocellular carcinoma in the absence of apparent cirrhosisJudith Ertle
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Cancer 128:2436-43. 2011..The MS may also promote development of HCC among those with alcoholic liver disease. Increased awareness of liver manifestations in the MS may instigate early interventions against developing HCC...
- Steroid and ursodesoxycholic Acid combination therapy in severe drug-induced liver injuryAlexander Wree
Department of Gastroenterolgy and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Digestion 84:54-9. 2011..Drug-induced liver injury (DILI) is the leading cause of acute severe liver disease in Western countries. Treatment strategies for DILI are still not well defined...
- Daily low-dose tacrolimus is a safe and effective immunosuppressive regimen during telaprevir-based triple therapy for hepatitis C virus recurrence after liver transplantAngela Papadopoulos-Köhn
1 Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany 2 Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany 3 Department of Virology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Transplantation 99:841-7. 2015..We report our single-center experience with a specially developed protocol that involved administering a low daily dose of tacrolimus (TAC) to a cohort of 17 patients with a recurrence of hepatitis C virus genotype 1 after LT...
- Mini-laparoscopy is superior in detecting liver cirrhosis and metastases in liver cancer: an over 10-year experience in 1,788 casesPhilip Hilgard
Department for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Digestion 89:156-64. 2014..We re-evaluated the significance of mini-laparoscopy for diagnosis and staging of liver disease and primary liver and bile duct cancer...
- (Cleaved) CK18 serum and tissue expression levels differentiate acute HCV reinfection from acute rejection in liver allograftsHenning Reis
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Liver Int 35:905-13. 2015..Aim of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of (non-) invasive apoptosis (M30) and necrosis (M65) determination in the differential diagnosis of acute (and chronic) HCV reinfection vs. acute rejection in liver allografts...
- Glutamate dehydrogenase and alkaline phosphatase as very early predictors of hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after liver transplantationKatja Piras-Straub
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Digestion 91:117-27. 2015....