- Observation and execution of upper-limb movements as a tool for rehabilitation of motor deficits in paretic stroke patients: protocol of a randomized clinical trialDenis Ertelt
Center for Clinical Trials, University of Lubeck, Maria Goeppert Straße 1, 23562, Lubeck, Germany
BMC Neurol 12:42. 2012..The results of this study would be of high health and economical relevance...
- Comparison of collapsing methods for the statistical analysis of rare variantsCarmen Dering
Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik, Universitat zu Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Maria Goeppert Str, 1, 23562 Lübeck, Germany
BMC Proc 5:S115. 2011..Although the methods considered in this report are common approaches for analyzing rare variants, they performed poorly with respect to the simulated disease phenotype in the GAW17 data set...
- Metachronous metastasis- and survival-analysis show prognostic importance of lymphadenectomy for colon carcinomasTilman Laubert
Department of Surgery, Laboratory for Surgical Research, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 12:24. 2012..We evaluated whether the nodal status impacts on the occurrence of distant metastases by analyzing a highly selected cohort of colon cancer patients...
- [Percentiles of body mass index of 18-80-year-old German adults based on data from the Second National Nutrition Survey]C Hemmelmann
Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik, Universitat zu Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:848-52. 2010..The World Health Organization (WHO) defines obesity as a body mass index (BMI) > or = 30.0 kg/m2. In contrast, percentiles depending on age and sex are used in adolescence...
- Quality control issues and the identification of rare functional variants with next-generation sequencing dataClaudia Hemmelmann
Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik, Universitat zu Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Genet Epidemiol 35:S22-8. 2011..However, power to detect associations was low in all three association studies. Thus this work shows opportunities for incorporating rare variants into the genetic and statistical analyses of common diseases...
- [Clinical trials with medical devices: lack of quality illustrated for faecal incontinence]R Vonthein
Universitat zu Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik
Zentralbl Chir 137:380-4. 2012..Medical devices must be safe and functioning states the law. Treatments with medical devices need not be efficacious to be allowed. We investigated special requirements and problems arising from the law...