Torsten T Bauer
Affiliation: HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal
- Gemcitabine combined with oxaliplatin in pretreated patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: an observational studyAthanasios Xanthopoulos
Respiratory Diseases Clinic Heckeshorn, Department of Pneumology, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 3:34. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of oxaliplatin +/- gemcitabine in patients with diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) pretreated with pemetrexed...
- Development and evaluation of a computer-based medical work assessment programmeStefanie Mache
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Free University and Humboldt University, Thielallee 69 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 3:35. 2008..In addition reliability and validity data of this instrument will be demonstrated...
- Diagnostic yield of transbronchial cryobiopsy in non-neoplastic lung disease: a retrospective case seriesSergej Griff
Institute of Pathology, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Walterhöferstr, 11, 14165 Berlin, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 14:171. 2014..The use of cryotechnique in bronchoscopy, including TBB by cryoprobe, has revealed new opportunities in the endoscopical diagnosis of malignant and non-malignant lung diseases...
- Impact of preoperative 18F-FDG PET/CT on survival of resected mono-metastatic non-small cell lung cancerSimone Tönnies
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Heckeshorn Lung Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Lung Cancer 93:28-34. 2016..Furthermore we tried to identify other prognostic factors associated with survival and aimed to clarify if synchronous metastases are different from metachronous disease...
- Value of thyroid transcription factor (TTF)-1 for diagnosis and prognosis of patients with locally advanced or metastatic small cell lung cancerDaniel Misch
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinik Emil von Behring, Walterhöferstr 11, 14165, Berlin, Germany
Diagn Pathol 10:21. 2015....
- Value of flexible bronchoscopy in the pre-operative work-up of solitary pulmonary nodulesCarsten Schwarz
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Christiane Herzog Zentrum, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
Eur Respir J 41:177-82. 2013..Flexible bronchoscopy changed the planned surgical approach in five cases substantially. These results suggest that routine flexible bronchoscopy should be included in the regular pre-operative work-up of patients with SPN...
- Minimal inhibitory concentrations of first-line drugs of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis isolatesNicolas Schönfeld
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Walterhöferstr 11, Berlin, Germany
Lung India 29:309-12. 2012..The treatment of multidrug-resistant (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) tuberculosis (TB) is consistently difficult. Besides resistances, drug availability can be problematic and costs for therapy are high...
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome and pneumonia: a comprehensive review of clinical dataTorsten T Bauer
HELIOS Clinic Emil von Behring, Respiratory Diseases Clinic Heckeshorn, Berlin, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 43:748-56. 2006..Respiratory viruses have received particular attention, but this review suggests that infections with coronavirus and avian influenza virus (H5N1) are associated with a high incidence of ARDS...
- Serotype 1 and 8 Pneumococci Evade Sensing by Inflammasomes in Human Lung TissueDiana Fatykhova
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0137108. 2015..Our data suggest that the evasion of inflammasome-dependent innate immune responses by serotype 1 pneumococci might contribute to their ability to cause invasive diseases in humans. ..
- The novel human influenza A(H7N9) virus is naturally adapted to efficient growth in human lung tissueJessica Knepper
Division of Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany
MBio 4:e00601-13. 2013....
- Metastasectomy for synchronous solitary non-small cell lung cancer metastasesMario Tönnies
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Heckeshorn Lung Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 98:249-56. 2014..Surgical treatment of patients with limited metastatic lesions from non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) remains controversial; however, reports suggest that a subset of patients may benefit from complete resection including metastasectomy...
- Reduced oxygen uptake efficiency slope in patients with cardiac sarcoidosisWilhelm Ammenwerth
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e102333. 2014..We investigated the predictive value of OUES for the diagnosis of myocardial involvement in sarcoid patients...
- Screening of COPD patients for abdominal aortic aneurysmIngo H Flessenkaemper
Department for Vascular Medicine, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 10:1085-91. 2015..Since chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and AAA are associated with several common risk factors, this study investigates the prevalence of AAA in COPD patients...
- Morphometrical analysis of transbronchial cryobiopsiesSergej Griff
Institute of Pathology, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
Diagn Pathol 6:53. 2011..The alveolar tissue of crybiopsy specimens did not show any artefacts. Based on these results cryotechnique seems to open up new perspectives in bronchoscopic diagnosis of lung disease...
- From the Tattoo Studio to the Emergency RoomSven Jungmann
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Department of Chemical and Product Safety at the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, Berlin
Dtsch Arztebl Int 113:672-675. 2016..Furthermore the previously reported case was from a patient who already suffered from severe allergies and no attempt to pinpoint the actual causes was made...
- Streptococcus pneumoniae-induced regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 in human lung tissueKolja V Szymanski
Dept of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur Respir J 40:1458-67. 2012..Overall, cell type-specific and MAPK-dependent cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E(2) formation in human lung tissue may play an important role in the early phase of pneumococcal infections...
- Narrow band imaging (NBI) during medical thoracoscopy: first impressionsNicolas Schönfeld
Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 4:24. 2009..This is the first ever evaluation of narrow band imaging (NBI), an innovative endoscopic imaging procedure, for the visualisation of pleural processes...
- The use of interferon gamma release assays in the diagnosis of active tuberculosisSilvan M Vesenbeckh
Department of Pneumology, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring, 14165 Berlin, Germany
Tuberc Res Treat 2012:768723. 2012..82. We recommend establishing a new cut-off value for the differential diagnosis of active tuberculosis assessed by prospective clinical studies and in various regions with high and low prevalence of tuberculosis...