Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Chemotherapeutic potential of plant alkaloids and multidrug resistance mechanisms in malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the heartP Reinecke
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Oncol Rep 11:641-5. 2004....
- Postarthroplasty histiocytic lymphadenopathy in a patient with uterine carcinomaP Reinecke
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 269:217-8. 2004..Postarthroplasty histiocytic lymphadenopathy is a benign reactive sinus histiocytosis...
- Paclitaxel/Taxol sensitivity in human renal cell carcinoma is not determined by the p53 statusPetra Reinecke
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Cancer Lett 222:165-71. 2005..In conclusion, the p53 status cannot predict paclitaxel/Taxol sensitivity in RCC cell lines of the clear cell type...
- Secretion of GM-CSF and M-CSF by human renal cell carcinomas of different histologic typesC D Gerharz
Institute of Pathology, , , Germany
Urology 58:821-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The results of our study clearly demonstrate that human RCC cells can secrete significant amounts of G-CSF, GM-CSF, M-CSF, and IL-3, and are thereby theoretically able to modulate the host's tumor-directed immune response...
- Disseminated microvascular pulmonary tumor cell embolism: a rare cause of fulminant pulmonary hypertensionS Steiner
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Pneumology and Angiology, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Germany
Onkologie 27:566-8. 2004..Disseminated pulmonary tumor embolization is a rare cause of pulmonary hypertension and is often diagnosed only after the patient has died...
- [Dignity of carotid body tumors. Review of the literature and clinical experiences]D Grotemeyer
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie und Nierentransplantation, Universitätsklinikum der Heinrich Heine Universität, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225, Dusseldorf
Chirurg 80:854-63. 2009....
- [Mycotic visceral artery aneurysm: clinical picture, diagnosis, differential therapy, and discussion of the literature]D Grotemeyer
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie und Nierentransplantation, Universitätsklinikum der Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf
Chirurg 75:533-40. 2004..We report on two patients treated in our department with mycotic visceral aneurysms and discuss the literature concerning topography, differential diagnosis, and surgical management...
- [Homologous vein transplantation in cruropedal arterial reconstruction]B Luther
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie und Nierentransplantation, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf
Chirurg 75:153-9. 2004..Therefore, it can be recommended in acute leg ischemia with lack of autologous vascularity. Improving guidelines for indication will be an interesting research field, and more contributions are needed...
- Sorafenib (Nexavar) induces molecular remission and regression of extramedullary disease in a patient with FLT3-ITD+ acute myeloid leukemiaN N Safaian
Department for Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Leuk Res 33:348-50. 2009..Leukemia 2007;21(3):439-45]. We here report the first clinical case of molecular remission induced by Sorafenib in a patient with FLT3-ITD(+) AML and extramedullary disease after allogenic stem cell transplantation...
- HFE mutations in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyAndreas Erhardt
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 101:135-8. 2006..The present study investigated, whether mutations of the hemochromatosis (HFE) gene might be etiologic and disease-modifying factors in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy..
- Solitary submucous neurofibroma of the mandible: review of the literature and report of a rare caseRita Depprich
Department for Cranio and Maxillofacial Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Head Face Med 5:24. 2009..Neurofibromas are immunopositive for the S-100 protein, indicating its neural origin. Treatment is surgical and the prognosis is excellent. For illustration a rare case of a solitary neurofibroma in the mandible is presented...
- Extrahepatic intraductal ectopic hepatocellular carcinoma: bile duct filling defectMoritz Schmelzle
Department of General, Visceral and Pediatric Surgery, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:650-2. 2009..Obstructive jaundice caused by an intraductal hepatocellular carcinoma is a rare initial symptom. We report a rare case of an extrahepatic icteric type hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Chronic treatment with fluvastatin improves smooth muscle dilatory function in genetically determined hyperlipoproteinemiaStefan Martin Perings
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Pulmonary Disease, and Angiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 43:183-90. 2004..05). Thus, chronic treatment with fluvastatin not only improves endothelial but also vascular smooth muscle function in hyperlipoproteinemia, which may contribute to the beneficial clinical effects of statins...
- Of flukes and fistulaeJoachim Richter
Tropical Medicine Unit, University Hospital for Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectious Diseases, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Lancet 371:1308. 2008
- Functional intactness of stimulatory and inhibitory autocrine loops in human renal carcinoma cell lines of the clear cell typeU Ramp
Institute of Pathology, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
J Urol 157:2345-50. 1997..The aim of the present study was to analyze the contribution of different stimulatory and inhibitory growth factors to the deregulated proliferation of human RCCs...
- Paclitaxel (Taxol)-induced apoptosis in human epithelioid sarcoma cell lines is enhanced by upregulation of CD95 ligand (FasL/Apo-1L)Sebastian Heikaus
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstr 5, Bldg 14 79, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:689-95. 2008..Metastasizing epithelioid sarcoma (ES) is an extremely aggressive tumor, because conventional chemotherapy and irradiation are largely ineffective. Here, we analyzed the impact of the CD95-mediated drug-induced apoptosis in ES cell lines...
- JAK2V617F mutation status identifies subtypes of refractory anemia with ringed sideroblasts associated with marked thrombocytosisAnnette H Schmitt-Graeff
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Haematologica 93:34-40. 2008..To determine the frequency and the prognostic significance of this mutation, we retrospectively evaluated 23 patients with platelet counts more than 600 x 10(9)/L, 15% ringed sideroblasts or more, and at least erythroid marrow dysplasia...
- Tandem high-dose chemotherapy supported by autologous peripheral blood stem-cell transplantation and radiotherapy for recurrent malignant fibrous histiocytomaEdwin Bölke
Department of Radiation and Radio Oncology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:833-6. 2005..She is currently well seven years after the transplant, with no signs of metastasis and recurrence. We review the clinical picture of the tumor in this patient and discuss its diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment...