Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Assessment of temporary dialysis catheter performance on the basis of flow and pressure measurements in vivo and in vitroDetlef Kindgen-Milles
University Hospital Dusseldorf, Department of Anesthesiology, Dusseldorf, Germany
ASAIO J 53:351-6. 2007..Effective flow did not change significantly during the study. In conclusion, all catheters investigated easily provided effective flows above 450 mL/min over the study period at maximum extracorporeal pressures below +/-300 mm Hg...
- [Acute kidney injury in the perioperative setting]D Kindgen-Milles
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Interdisziplinäre Operative Intensivstation, Zentrum für Operative Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225, Dusseldorf, Deutschland
Med Klin Intensivmed Notfmed 109:324-30. 2014..The major causes for perioperative AKI are severe sepsis and septic shock, hypovolemia, bleeding and cardiac failure...
- [Acute kidney injury--recovery--which patients and why?]Detlef Kindgen-Milles
Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Germany
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 48:114-9; quiz 120. 2013..Nevertheless, there is some evidence that if continuous renal replacement therapies are used instead of intermittent haemodialysis the chance of recovery to independence from dialysis is increased...
- Nasal-continuous positive airway pressure reduces pulmonary morbidity and length of hospital stay following thoracoabdominal aortic surgeryDetlef Kindgen-Milles
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Chest 128:821-8. 2005....
- Study protocol: the DOse REsponse Multicentre International collaborative initiative (DO-RE-MI)Detlef Kindgen-Milles
Anesthesiology Clinic, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Crit Care 9:R396-406. 2005..Here, we describe the study protocol, which was approved by the Scientific and Steering Committees...
- Prophylactic nasal continuous positive airway pressure after major vascular surgery: results of a prospective randomized trialHinrich Böhner
Department of Vascular Surgery and Kidney Transplantation, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 387:21-6. 2002..The efficacy of nasal continuous positive airway pressure (nCPAP) as a prophylactic method for preventing cardiopulmonary complications after major vascular surgery has not been investigated...
- Treatment of severe hypercalcemia using continuous renal replacement therapy with regional citrate anticoagulationDetlef Kindgen-Milles
University Hospital Dusseldorf, Department of Anaesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
ASAIO J 54:442-4. 2008..The time delay between adjustment in calcium infusion rate and the first detectable change in ionized calcium level was below 4 hours. However, the full response to a change of the calcium substitution was found after 8-12 hours...
- Assessment of microvascular oxygen saturation in gastric mucosa in volunteers breathing continuous positive airway pressureArtur Fournell
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Crit Care Med 31:1705-10. 2003..We hypothesized that continuous positive airway pressure decreases microvascular oxygen saturation in gastric mucosa...