Affiliation: Heinrich Heine University
- Effect of human papillomavirus vaccines on vulvar, vaginal, and anal intraepithelial lesions and vulvar cancerMonika Hampl
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Obstet Gynecol 108:1361-8. 2006..We assessed the prevalence of HPV (and the types) to estimate the possible effect of a HPV vaccine on lower genital tract disease prevention...
- The risk of urinary incontinence after partial urethral resection in patients with anterior vulvar cancerMonika Hampl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Duesseldorf, Medical Faculty, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 154:108-12. 2011..A retrospective analysis was performed in order to evaluate the risk of urinary incontinence after tumor-resection, standard inguinal lymphadenectomy and additional partial urethral resection...
- [Value of general human papillomavirus vaccination in sexually active women]M Hampl
Frauenklinik der Universität Düsseldorf
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 134:S95-9. 2009..Furthermore, new data demonstrate that sexually active women, as well as those with prior infection, also benefit from the vaccine. These results suggest that a general vaccination programme for sexually active women will be beneficial...
- Single large inguinal lymph node metastasis in human papillomavirus-induced early invasive vulvar cancer of the anterior fourchette in two young womenMonika Hampl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 67:42-5. 2009..Additionally, the indication for a sentinel node procedure in these specific cases requires particular caution...
- New aspects of vulvar cancer: changes in localization and age of onsetMonika Hampl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 109:340-5. 2008..To characterize the changes in incidence, age of disease onset, tumor site and patients characteristics in women with invasive vulvar cancer in a German University Hospital unit over a 28-year period...
- [Vaccination against human papillomavirus. An new prevention strategy against cancer]Monika Hampl
Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf
Pharm Unserer Zeit 37:78-85. 2008
- Prevention of human papilloma virus-induced preneoplasia and cancer by prophylactic HPV vaccinesM Hampl
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Minerva Med 98:121-30. 2007..These vaccines constitute a milestone in the battle against cervical carcinoma, which is the second most common cancer in young women in Europe, with 33,500 new cases diagnosed every year...
- Comprehensive analysis of 130 multicentric intraepithelial female lower genital tract lesions by HPV typing and p16 expression profileMonika Hampl
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital of Duesseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40 225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:235-45. 2007..In the current study, HPV infections and oncogene expression were assessed in a large series of patients with multicentric lower genital tract disease to analyze the transformation steps in extracervical disease...
- A case of a pT3, HPV 52-positive vulvar carcinoma in an 18-year-old womanMonika Hampl
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital of Duesseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 101:530-3. 2006..Vulvar carcinoma in young women is rare; so far, no case of an 18-year-old woman has been described. Here, we report a case with a T3 HPV 52-induced tumor 3 years after primary HPV contamination...
- Economic burden of vulvar and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia: retrospective cost study at a German dysplasia centreMonika Hampl
Universitätsfrauenklinik Düsseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 11:73. 2011....
- Validation of the accuracy of the sentinel lymph node procedure in patients with vulvar cancer: results of a multicenter study in GermanyMonika Hampl
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 111:282-8. 2008..To investigate the diagnostic accuracy of the sentinel node procedure in patients with vulvar cancer, a multicenter study was launched in Germany in 2003 involving 7 oncology centers...
- Treatment of endometriosis with a VEGF-targeted conditionally replicative adenovirusDaniel T Rein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Düsseldorf Medical Center, Dusseldorf, Germany
Fertil Steril 93:2687-94. 2010..To evaluate a vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-targeted gene therapy for the treatment of endometriosis...
- Placenta percreta leading to spontaneous complete uterine rupture in the second trimester. Example of a fatal complication of abnormal placentation following uterine scarringM C Fleisch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 65:81-3. 2008..This report illustrates the dramatic consequences of abnormal placentation after prior uterine surgery, which can already occur early during pregnancy and prior to the onset of labour...
- Should Groin Recurrence Still Be Considered as a Palliative Situation in Vulvar Cancer Patients?: A Brief ReportJanine N Frey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inselspital, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 26:575-9. 2016..Recurrence of groin metastases in vulvar cancer patients is assumed to be lethal. It is unknown if early detection of relapse and multimodal treatment strategies improve the outcome of patients with groin recurrence...
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising from a localized vulval lesion of Hailey-Hailey disease after tacrolimus therapyVerena von Felbert
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:e5-7. 2010..We report a case of HHD affecting exclusively the vulva from which an invasive squamous cell carcinoma developed after tacrolimus therapy...
- Characterization of squamous cell cancers of the vulvar anterior fourchette by human papillomavirus, p16INK4a, and p53Miriam Reuschenbach
Department of Applied Tumor Biology, Institute of Pathology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Low Genit Tract Dis 17:289-97. 2013..The present study aimed at characterizing these vulvar cancers for their human papillomavirus (HPV), p16(INK4a), and p53 status, revealing potential pathways of carcinogenesis...
- Perceived Health-Related Quality of Life in Women With Vulvar Neoplasia: A Cross Sectional StudyAndrea Kobleder
Institute for Applied Nursing Sciences IPW, University of Applied Sciences FHS St Gallen, St Gallen Departement of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Hechinger Nursing GmbH, Munich, Germany Institute of Nursing Science, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland Institute for Nursing Science IPW, University of Applied Sciences FHS St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland and Sydney Nursing School, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Gynecol Cancer 26:1313-9. 2016..Further objectives were to investigate differences between women with VIN and VC as well as to examine whether correlations exist between women's symptom experience and HRQoL...